IGNORED

Christmas is coming....

Maesknoll Red

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

What a load of baubles... I wouldn't eat there if they sleighed me.. its still August ffs is this some kind of bad joke?.. are they Crackers?

Who wants to think about turkey at this time of year?.. stuff 'em!

Prepared by Lee Johnson in honour of Aden Flint! Anything to get him scoring.

To be honest, there should be bylaws forbidding any Xmas decoration or music until December 1st, on the grounds of damage to the economy through lack of productivity.

I.e. Stupid people fawning over 1 winters day, stuck in the house with people you mutually hate.

Aside from a rise in retail sales, this must be dwarfed by the damage to the economy for lost productivity - billions of pounds wiped out. Another good reason not to bother, blokes, and just do it all on Xmas eve at the nearest petrol station.

If I had my way, the bylaw would come into force around 18th December. Plenty of time to get things done without destroying the economy.

The shops need to learn their lesson.

:disapointed2se:

Uncle TFR

Having arranged a office Christmas dinner once, yeah you need to start looking around early unless you want it 3 weeks before or even after. So not surprised to see dinners advertised already. I imagine some of the bigger venues already have multiple bookings over Christmas on their books.

1 hour ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

To be honest, there should be bylaws forbidding any Xmas decoration or music until December 1st,

NO, NO, NO Unk, that should be 24th December and they must be removed by midnight on 26th December

• Admin
9 hours ago, BigTone said:

Boycott this place one and all !!

I would, but it is right opposite my favourite curry house and the only pub close to it. I shall stand with my back to the damn thing until at least 20th December......  The other thing is, it's hardly the most salubrious pub in Bristol, gawd alone knows why anyone would think it at nice place for an xmas meal.......

I really dont get why you are moaning?

Yes its F*****g August, but you'd be suprised at how many bookings ppl try to book at these kinda venues, so to start early gives those a chance to book early and not miss out on their venue.... and again yes I realise its only bloody august, but thats the popularity of christmas I'm afraid. As for the "why book this pub" remark, each to their own really, you may not like it, but someone else will.

9 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Yes its F*****g August, but you'd be suprised at how many bookings ppl try to book at these kinda venues, so to start early gives those a chance to book early and not miss out on their venue.... and again yes I realise its only bloody august, but thats the popularity of christmas I'm afraid. As for the "why book this pub" remark, each to their own really, you may not like it, but someone else will.

But .......... WHY, FFS?

:dunno:

Uncle TFR

On 8/28/2016 at 23:29, CrazyInWeston said:

Well said. Our work begin inquiring about Christmas parties in April. I had my email last week about where we're going. This is how things are done nowadays. Eateries need to get prepared for their big money season.

Get prepared, but does it need a ******* Christmas tree up already? I can understand, and read, from a poster all I need to know about booking a meal at Christmas time

How do I explain to my soon to be 4 year old that Christmas is still 4 months away when Christmas trees start springing up?

Apart from maxing-out the shops profit margins, can anyone actually recall what Christmas is supposed to be about?

Religion seems fairly discredited at the moment - what with millions being slaughtered in its name, so, apart from John Lewis making a killing of its own, what is it about?

Anyone??

Uncle TFR

I don't like these stupid premature things as much as the next person but it's the same year after year, what do people realistically expect ?   (They had Christmas sales recently on a shopping channel on freeview as early as July)

You know how it's going to be :

Easter accessories in stores in January

Summer products in stores in February

Halloween products in stores in August

(People letting of fireworks in early October in preparation for Bonfire night)

Retailers are out to make a profit : they know damn well people will hit the aisles for seasonal goods months in advance if they're available.     

Archived