IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Aston Villa Match Day Thread

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

The whole ground was superb, loudest

I've heard in a long while.

AND TBF Villa were what I thought Newcastle were going to be.

Once we got the first goal the whole ground seemed to erupt and the atmosphere was fantastic. I was in the West stand and it was bouncing and so loud when all four stands got going. Fair play to Villa fans they were loud first half and had some quite funny songs but obviously lost their voices once we took over and bossed the game

• Like 1

I have not read all the previous posts so don't know if I duplicate any previous comments.

What an amazing transition in the second half from a group of players who may not be the best in the world, but keep on fighting for the whole match. Also an honourable mention to LJ/JP who clearly tweaked the tactics at half time and probably did not slag anyone but managed to gee them up after a first half playing second fiddle to Villa.

I would not presume to mention anyone as MOM but I do believe that Mark Little deserves a special mention.  He, like many others did not make the best start to the match but what a good pro he is. He never gives in and had a superb second half. Can we now stop the "hate" campaign and openly support all of our players.

• Like 12

Particularly enjoyed the 2 shoes thrown onto the pitch by a disgruntled Villa fan, was great when R O'D tried them on over his boots

Also thought the Villa fans by the tunnel were absolute belters giving every one of their players absolute dogs abuse including Grealish who they had been loving when they were one up

Edited by 54-46
4 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Particularly enjoyed the 2 shoes thrown onto the pitch by a disgruntled Villa fan, was great when R O'D tried them on over his boots

Also thought the Villa fans by the tunnel were absolute belters giving every one of their players absolute dogs abuse including Grealish who they had been loving when they were one up

Thank goodness City fans aren't fickle like that :whistle:

Edited by downendcity
4 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Total lack of respect for opponents from Villa fans. Many on their forum saying we are a **** team. I think they all need to learn a little humility, maybe then, their fortunes will improve. 

Agreed. I guess the players are prob in a similar mindset. 

Nice to see them all get a rude awakening. 

"Only here for the Villa" indeed. Helmets 

12 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Total lack of respect for opponents from Villa fans. Many on their forum saying we are a **** team. I think they all need to learn a little humility, maybe then, their fortunes will improve. 

Yeah, I saw some of that, proper arrogant bunch. And while they were a step up from us in the first half I think a lot of that was down to us playing with a bit of nerves. 

They've got some good players but they're not all that, particularly defensively, they looked liable for a goal all game. Hope they struggle after seeing their fans attitude, they're due a bit of a wake up from the sounds of it. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Just had a look at the Villa forums ,no ounce of credit given to us .Think you are right they have got to realise where they are as a team right now and show some respect for the opposition on and off the pitch . Probably wont happen though ,they are so up themselves .

One of them called us a mediocre fizzy pop side before the match! What does that even mean? We certainly had a lot more fizz than them in the second half. They all looked at last seasons home record, instead of since cotts left. Seems like their fans are as complacent as some of their players 

I read their forum a few days back and was absolutely shocked at some of the disrespectful comments towards us. Crap little club, should win 3-0/4-0. I am so glad they got taught a lesson yesterday, arrogant *****

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

I read their forum a few days back and was absolutely shocked at some of the disrespectful comments towards us. Crap little club, should win 3-0/4-0. I am so glad they got taught a lesson yesterday, arrogant *****

the statement ' pride comes before destruction' was made for their forum when it comes to away games!! Will they never learn

22 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

All the "arrogant" Villa fans and their "disrespectful" comments - that's just us, when we're relegated to L1 and playing Crawley, Fleetwood etc. It's how you cope with shame, humiliation and disgrace

It's a pretty crap way of coping, not giving respect to the opposition will just make defeat worse. 

Still buzzing today.

Credit to the City fans, the atmosphere was superb in the second half. I have to admit the first half was so poor I was very concerned but what a turn around.

Under LJ we have tactically flexibility and now with a cracking summer of recruitment (that still isn't over) we have options from the bench. 

Very early days but this has been a very solid start to the season and the signs are good going forward for a good season.

Agree with everything said about the first half we were dire the one thing i did say to me mates at half time was that even though we were crap we were only 1-0 down and that I don't mind losing as long as the players give there best, well it turns out playing nearly at there best ended in a win, loved how hordur geed the crowd up absolutely love him def gonna be a fans favorite always has time to reply to fans on Twitter. Mark little I have been a big doubter of his but today in the 2nd half especially he really did not do too much wrong and helped in the victory, I thought tomlin did come alive for a spell in the 2nd half and then once got the goal it was like the tomlin of old, O'neill can't say anymore than what others say the guy is just class I could go on about other players but my last bit is for Johnson when he came in I was not happy at all but I love the guy he's so honest in interviews in games he is always able to change tactics and formations and the team know how to respond is just brilliant and also love it when us in the atyeo sing Johnson bounce around and he has a little bounce. I think we are very lucky to have him because having the ability to change tactics formation like he can means your always in with a chance of getting a result in games and not many teams can say that about there managers, sorry if waffling on but am just buzzing after yesterday

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

All the "arrogant" Villa fans and their "disrespectful" comments - that's just us, when we're relegated to L1 and playing Crawley, Fleetwood etc. It's how you cope with shame, humiliation and disgrace

When we were in L1. We lost twice to Crewe at cresty rd. I never once said crewe were rubbish, despite the fact they were in relegation position because on both occasions they were resilient and managed to win. 

I gave them credit. Admittedly jet was terrible in the first game and smith was not fit for the second. Villa suffering from the same disease as Leeds, Forrest and others that recently being in the  premiership gives you the right to beat decent championship sides. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

When we were in L1. We lost twice to Crewe at cresty rd. I never once said crewe were rubbish, despite the fact they were in relegation position because on both occasions they were resilient and managed to win. 

I gave them credit. Admittedly jet was terrible in the first game and smith was not fit for the second. Villa suffering from the same disease as Leeds, Forrest and others that recently being in the  premiership gives you the right to beat decent championship sides. 

Ok, ok. That's just me, then, not "us." am arrogant and disrespectful, when we are in L1 playing tinpot sh1te like Crawley and Fleetwood