IGNORED

Evolution as it should be

Portishead Puffin

I don't think any of us imagined at the start of this summer that we could potentially field a strong side that didn't contain one of the double winning squad of only 16 months ago. The good thing though is that when everyone is fit and well I would still expect to see a spine of the team that includes the real talent from that squad, Flint, Smith, Bryan were always among the stand out performers, and it looks like there may still be roles for Pack and even the much maligned Freeman. 
In the past, our best squads seemed to change by selling the real talent and retaining the less stellar performers, that is not a recipe for success. I think we are on the right track, for the long term under this regime.

All football clubs try to evolve including the top PL clubs like Arsenal, both Manchester clubs, Chelsea and so on. Failure to evolve means slipping down the football league. Pompey and Blackpool are two recent examples.

The reasons why this can happen is nearly always down to finance or lack of it. In Pompeys case their once Russian owners got found out and the club was left in deep shite. They still haven't recovered. 

We as a club are tremendously fortunate to have an owner whose a Bristolian......

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

All football clubs try to evolve including the top PL clubs like Arsenal, both Manchester clubs, Chelsea and so on. Failure to evolve means slipping down the football league. Pompey and Blackpool are two recent examples.

The reasons why this can happen is nearly always down to finance or lack of it. In Pompeys case their once Russian owners got found out and the club was left in deep shite. They still haven't recovered. 

We as a club are tremendously fortunate to have an owner whose a Bristolian......

.... and who has billions in the bank!

Archived