City 1-2 PNE 2016

Luton 3-1 City 2015

Brentford 3-1 City 2014

City 0-3 Leeds 2012

City 0-1 Middlesbrough 2011

City 0-2 Leeds 2011

City 2-2 Watford 2009

I've already decided, he is shit and clearly has it in for us :( 

Well he certainly was for the 3-1 defeat at Brentford. Can't say I especially remember any of the others.

Clearly thinks he should be officiating in the Premier League and wants to be friends with the unlucky Villa players who have been sentenced, like him, to playing in this grubby league.

It's no surprise to me that he comes from the Isle of Wight, they'm a funny lot over there - think Forest of Dean....

Some mistakes, but nobody is perfect, unless you sit in the stand. Overall, I thought he was good as he booked the Villa players for fouls and dissent. Enforcing bookings for dissent is a new instruction this season and it's easy for refs to take the easy option and ignore it. 

Seven yellows for Villa today . That'll cost them in the next month or two.

Shame he didn't card Grealish for his shocking dive. If their #12 had done his little swallow dive at the same time they could have got a good score in the synchronised category. ..

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Agree completely. If that tackle had gone in on a red shirt we'd be crying out for him to be sent off. Two footed tackle from behind. You just can't do that nowadays.

I don't think we would have won an appeal if he got a red card for that incident. I must admit I thought he was looking nailed on to get a second booking. 

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I don't think we would have won an appeal if he got a red card for that incident. I must admit I thought he was looking nailed on to get a second booking. 

bloke next to me was saying Bryan should have been subbed at half time, then he socred!

I think Johnson would have told him to calm down a bit at half time, while giving the team a kick up the arse

We have to be honest (don't we? :dunno:).

That was about as much as a "homer" ref as you could hope to see (whilst playing at home).

The Bryan booking was borderline red for me.  Immediately afterwards Bryan caught another player and could have got the second booking.

The ref seemed to book their players for inconsequential tackles, that were fouls, but hardly dangerous or malicious.  The only common denominator was that their fouls were within 10 yards of the box.

Quite late in the second half, Gary O'Neil blatantly blocked their player on a breakaway but didn't get anything.  The foul was in their half though so I guess that doesn't count.

To summarise, I thought he was excellent.

I couldn't believe we had 5 minutes added on at the end of the second half.

The reason being that only 3 minutes were added on in the first??, we had far more and longer stoppages in that half, a Villa player was down for at least 5 minutes in front of the Dolman, the players even had a drinks break while he got treatment.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

I couldn't believe we had 5 minutes added on at the end of the second half.

The reason being that only 3 minutes were added on in the first??, we had far more and longer stoppages in that half, a Villa player was down for at least 5 minutes in front of the Dolman, the players even had a drinks break while he got treatment.

Is time still being added on for subs etc? Sure there used to be a director that 30 seconds to be added for each goal and sub, which would work out about right.

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Is time still being added on for subs etc? Sure there used to be a director that 30 seconds to be added for each goal and sub, which would work out about right.

Yes mate, it's not the fact 5 mins were added on at the end of the game, it's just that if its to be consistent then 7-8 mins should have been added at the end of the 1st half.

11 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I just thought I'd started it now. Why wait until 5 o clock? We know he'll be shocking. And from Worcester or Walsall.

Absolute disgrace.

One of the best refs I've seen down the gate in a long time... Much better than our average dross.

Archived