IGNORED

Jamie Paterson

Londoner

Here's the source - HITC - make it sound very definite there: http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/27/por-bristol-city-move-for-forest-winger-paterson/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

He's a player I've known has existed but never watched live, I know nothing about him as a player apart from his position!

2 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Huddersfield wanted him but couldn't get the deal over the line. We were rumoured to be looking at him when he was at Walsall. Good young winger, but what does it mean for freeman? 

Erm, cheerio?! Tbh, Paterson is a right winger. I think playing LF or O'Dowda on the right doesnt work so a more natural winger for that side would be better. 

Leave theother two to fight it out for left wing duties then instead. 

Was outstanding for Forest a couple of years ago but his loan spell at Huddersfield last season appeared to signal an exit this summer. If he comes in then I fear for Freeman and maybe a deal has already been done with one in one out. Only a rumour but wouldn't be surprised if this happens 

Watched him 2 or 3 times, looks a bit lightweight but with good technical ability, didn't really impress when I watched him. That saying, I've only seen him a bit and I do think we need a right sided wide attacking midfielder for most of LJ's systems so it would make sense.

1 minute ago, M.D said:

Watched him 2 or 3 times, looks a bit lightweight but with good technical ability, didn't really impress when I watched him. That saying, I've only seen him a bit and I do think we need a right sided wide attacking midfielder for most of LJ's systems so it would make sense.

My thoughts too.

Never really established himself at Forest but we clearly think he is a work in progress.

On paper it looks like another good signing, experience at this level & of a good age with time to improve further & offer us the chance for re-sale value in the future (if we look to get rid of in the future).

And as mentioned above, we could do with a natural right sided midfielder / forward. This would give us a more balanced team.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

O'Rouke reporting it now so looks pretty much a done deal then. Is he more a winger or a forward? 

Young enough to get better and Huddersfield, a team I would describe as being similar to the standard we are at, wanted him to stay which is a good sign.

He's definitely a winger, a bit slight of build.

Started off at Walsall.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

He's definitely a winger, a bit slight of build.

Started off at Walsall.

I watched him come on as a sub for Huddersfield town at Brighton and he played in the hole/10 position and looked lost, defiantly a wide right sided player..

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Been a player I always thought jumped out in the highlights. I know that's not a great analysis but always seemed a bright young player. Would be a yes from me. Thought he was left footed though which we have plenty of those. Am I wrong? 

Definitely  right footed..

11 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Freeman on his way ? Can he cover right back ?? Maybe Little too if KR signs up. I heard we were in for a forward who was far from cheap but gone quiet. Think next week could see a big rush everywhere. What a crazy system. 

No way is he a RB. Richardson is all left footed, we'd are more likely to play Moore there, I think and may still want to keep Little for cover.

The forward name I heard would certainly break our transfer record but could also well be inside our wages ceiling..

12 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Freeman on his way ? Can he cover right back ?? Maybe Little too if KR signs up. I heard we were in for a forward who was far from cheap but gone quiet. Think next week could see a big rush everywhere. What a crazy system. 

Forward still a priority and if whispers are correct it will be a top Championship striker but at this stage it appears to be a well kept secret

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Sorry was not suggesting KR at right back (left side) , just that if KR and JP sign, could mean end of Little and Freeman. 

Certainly think Freeman could be vulnerable, with all the issues with Matthews I still think we would want another one in to let Little go.

2 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Stockhausen has just tweeted to say expect some big breaking news when team sheets are announced. Kodjia gone? New striker?

Moore starting?

Archived