IGNORED

Jamie Paterson

Londoner

47 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wanted us to sign him when we was at Walsall, £500k for a 24 year old winger who has a 1 in 4 (ish) ratio and has the potential to get better, sounds like good business on our side.

Looks even better when you look at his total minutes converted into 90 minutes, more like 15 goals in 52 (4694 minutes) matches, plus 13 assists at Championship level.

Views from Forest fans seem mixed to be fair.

Young, clearly got talent and potential. Equally, seen as a bit of a luxury player now and again. Not all impressed by his attitude, some comments that he is a bit of an ego, like the runs but does not track back enough etc. On balance, if not pleased to see him go, does not seem to be any great sense of loss either. Not grasped his more recent opportunities.

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41873&page=12

Sounds like either way he needs the move, and hopefully we can release that potential!

50 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Views from Forest fans seem mixed to be fair.

Young, clearly got talent and potential. Equally, seen as a bit of a luxury player now and again. Not all impressed by his attitude, some comments that he is a bit of an ego, like the runs but does not track back enough etc. On balance, if not pleased to see him go, does not seem to be any great sense of loss either. Not grasped his more recent opportunities.

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41873&page=12

Sounds like either way he needs the move, and hopefully we can release that potential!

they seem to think they're getting 2-3 million for him

I think this lad is definitely part of the post-JK game plan. If we were looking to persist with playing JK wide and one up top will we go with two of JB, COD,JP & LF now in a wing back type system with the two of them swapping wings as required and LT in the hole? Sort of a 3-5-1-1 but flexible and able to go to a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 with just one substitution and a couple of positional changes.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think this lad is definitely part of the post-JK game plan. If we were looking to persist with playing JK wide and one up top will we go with two of JB, COD,JP & LF now in a wing back type system with the two of them swapping wings as required and LT in the hole? Sort of a 3-5-1-1 but flexible and able to go to a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 with just one substitution and a couple of positional changes.

I think that's the thing with LJ, he wants options all over the pitch & from the bench & to be able to change formation & tactics depending on what the game situation is.

To be able to go more fluent & attacking if we are chasing a game or to be able to shore things up & restrict the opposition if we are leading & looking to close out a game.

And the more options he can have from the 18 players in the match day squad, the better.

Players that offer more than one position is a big advantage & that is something LJ has looked to bring in & fair play to him & everyone else involved.

13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

13 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I think that's the thing with LJ, he wants options all over the pitch & from the bench & to be able to change formation & tactics depending on what the game situation is.

To be able to go more fluent & attacking if we are chasing a game or to be able to shore things up & restrict the opposition if we are leading & looking to close out a game.

And the more options he can have from the 18 players in the match day squad, the better.

Players that offer more than one position is a big advantage & that is something LJ has looked to bring in & fair play to him & everyone else involved.

Interesting yesterday that we started 4231, with Tomlin in #10 role.  He then swapped with Bryan and Bobby went more into the hole for 5-10 minutes, which became a bit more 451 as we improved in the final 10 before halftime.  You're right, LJ likes his flexibility.  I do think that if LJ wants a passing style (he says he does) it probably goes hand in hand with one up top, more numbers in midfield etc. 

I love Kodjia, and I think Tomlin was bought to supply the bullets, but I think Tammy is better up-front on his own.  He belies his years the way he backed into Elphick and held him off....top drawer!

Paterson will fit in nicely as one of the attack minded 'wide forwards'.

21 hours ago, Kodjia said:

they seem to think they're getting 2-3 million for him

Seems like its one guy who posted that, others saying they'd be very surprised if it was anything over £1m, and our end seems to think its £500k, anywhere in between and still seems a good deal for us. Fair play to some of the Forest fans on there speaking pretty well of our chances for this season too.

Archived