IGNORED

9points from 5games

wallaceboy

I for one believe we have had a great start.our two losses coming against  teams I firmly believe will probably take the top two spots in the league this season.and only one nil losses at that . who thinks we could of expected more . and how long did it take us to get 9points on the board last season.

25 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

For me' I still have baggage from last season; so it's a race to get to 50 points. Quicker we get that the better! 

After that, who knows... 

Yeah I know what you mean, in my head I'm thinking "as long as there are three teams below us at the end of the season..."

We've had a great start to the season though, long may it continue!!

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

It's a decent start, but it concerns me how many chances Villa had in the first half. Had they scored just one more goal, I think we'd have been looking at three defeats on the trot.

If my sister had a cock she'd be my brother. 

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I said 5 points. So 9 is fantastic.

I had:

- 4 pessimistic....1 win, 1 draw (against Wigan and Burton - didn't think we'd win both, we are Bristol City!)

- 5 likely....as above but pick up 1 draw v the ex-Prem teams

- 6 best....2 wins or 1-3-1.

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I had:

- 4 pessimistic....1 win, 1 draw (against Wigan and Burton - didn't think we'd win both, we are Bristol City!)

- 5 likely....as above but pick up 1 draw v the ex-Prem teams

- 6 best....2 wins or 1-3-1.

Dug this out...

Well done @Lord Spandex!

Coincidentally, I had DWLLD... I got the two losses...

5 hours ago, wallaceboy said:

I for one believe we have had a great start.our two losses coming against  teams I firmly believe will probably take the top two spots in the league this season.and only one nil losses at that . who thinks we could of expected more . and how long did it take us to get 9points on the board last season.

October 16th after 2-0 win against Forest 

Its a great start to where we were last season.starting to believe big things are going on down the gate. I would be extremely happy with a top half finish with the chance of sneaking in them play offs going into the last few games . Here's hoping.And selling players for 14million.i mean the sags get 5squads for that couldnt they.

Great that we got 9 points as I predicted 6/7 and great were still in the cup which is a rarity.

the other key factor is although we lost to Norwich and Newcastle, it was only by one goal and we have both a good game. I am certain we can compete up there this season and a cup run will give continued confidence.

good that our next two games are against out of form Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday although they will be bigger tests than Norwich and Newcastle IMO

We are doing better than I could hope, really thought the three games against the premiership teams relegated last season would see us not only lose all three, but possibly put over a barrel and seriously pounded - luckily we have played decently this season so far, not been embarrassed and shown some class at times. Really looking forward for the season to get going again.....

We've had a very tough start to the season but more than stood our ground and nine points is a great result at this point. If we keep that going all season (I know) then we'll be at a very respectable 82(.8) which nobody here would be unhappy with at all.

We've now got games against opposition we played last season for a significant period. We've played against many of the unknowns now in promoted and relegated teams and this is where we really see how we compare to last year... and how other teams do too. 

One big thing is to come out of losses having learned something and I think they're all doing that now and enjoying playing. Hopefully this can keep on going... but if not then be sure LJ won't stand for it for long. This guy has more passion than I ever gave him credit for.

17 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Very good start. Be interesting to see how we do against the likes of Reading/Leeds/Birmingham (established sides that we couldn't beat last season) ...but I think top half is not out of the question.

We have nothing to fear from those teams. I would say we go into matches against them home or away looking to get all three points.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

On a slightly different tack, can anyone else see the current bottom three as the three that will actually go down? It won`t be far off IMO.

Blackburn & Rotherham, definitely, hopefully not P.N.E.

Barnsley to crumple after their good start would be good.

Archived