IGNORED

9points from 5games

wallaceboy

33 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Blackburn & Rotherham, definitely, hopefully not P.N.E.

Barnsley to crumple after their good start would be good.

I hope PNE get out of it TBH but fear their lack of goals will cost them this season. An ageing Beckford, Doyle who`s hit and miss at best and no Garner now. It depends how much they can spend (not much IMO) or who they can get on loan from local prem clubs between now and Wednesday I think.

8 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

On a slightly different tack, can anyone else see the current bottom three as the three that will actually go down? It won`t be far off IMO.

On a slightly different tack, can anyone else see the current bottom three as the three that will actually go down? It won`t be far off IMO.

Blackburn  Rotherham  and Burton  for me

After 5 games last season, Charlton were 8th with 8 points, MK 11th with 7 points, Bolton 23rd with 3. We had the same as Derby, 4 points. Brighton and Hull were 1st and 2nd. Make of that what you will

With Rotherham getting smashed this weekend, and us having pulled an excellent result out against a promotion favourite, it will certainty be an interesting game once the international break is over.

For me, the next five games will really tell us a lot more about the way the season will pan out; we'll have the players we will have until at least January, as well as just under a couple of weeks settling any new arrivals and getting those out fit.

I'd take 7 from the next five; win against Rothetham, lose to Weds, and lose one draw one against Derby and Fulham, then beat Leeds - would give us a more than healthy 16 from ten.

Would be good to perhaps get a cup win against Fulham too, but think that might be a bridge too far at this point.

Anything more would be ace.

Estatic that we are currently 6th. I would be happy if we finish at least 12th place TBH, sure good start, but it maintains to be seen if we can hold on to this form, losing only 1-0 to both ex prem teams is fantastic as we could have been stuffed 4/5 nil... I didnt go to the newcastle game, but seeing them be all over brighton on sky sports must mean we have something here, but as it is in the championship, anyone can beat anyone. It makes it very exciting and I'm very much looking forwards to how the season plays out regardless of our position, although like I said, be happy with 12th or higher.

13 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Blackburn  Rotherham  and Burton  for me

Before the season started I'd have had Burton as dead certs for the drop. Now I'm not so sure, they are playing well and I think they have enough spirit to survive.

Wigan, Rotherham and Blackburn would be my bets at the moment.

21 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Before the season started I'd have had Burton as dead certs for the drop. Now I'm not so sure, they are playing well and I think they have enough spirit to survive.

Won't  say Cardiff will get relegated, but they look poor at the mo and could get drawn into a protracted relegation dogfight.

There's lovely.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Has Duffy gone then? Blackburn truly are ****** now

Went on Saturday, seems Williams was his replacement. Firmly believe Del will come good in a few years, but may not quite be Championship standard right this minute.

He got good reviews from Blackburn fans on Saturday though.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Went on Saturday, seems Williams was his replacement. Firmly believe Del will come good in a few years, but may not quite be Championship standard right this minute.

He got good reviews from Blackburn fans on Saturday though.

Yes I heard he did impress, well done to him. To be brutally honest though, are they already preparing for league 1?

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Yes I heard he did impress, well done to him. To be brutally honest though, are they already preparing for league 1?

I think they are, Venkys have been cost cutting things for years now. Not too sure about their debt levels and if anything is put towards that, but they've made over £20m with the sales of Rhodes, Hanley and Duffy, yet don't seem to be spending much at all.

43 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think they are, Venkys have been cost cutting things for years now. Not too sure about their debt levels and if anything is put towards that, but they've made over £20m with the sales of Rhodes, Hanley and Duffy, yet don't seem to be spending much at all.

The Venkys a reminder of what a bad owner can do to your club.

2 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Wigan looked unlikely relegation candidates from the performance versus us, but that series of late goals conceded rings alarm bells, that I saw from us last season.

Burton's home firm, whilst an advantage will get sussed out in time, but I think they'll have enough...just.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wigan looked unlikely relegation candidates from the performance versus us, but that series of late goals conceded rings alarm bells, that I saw from us last season.

Burton's home firm, whilst an advantage will get sussed out in time, but I think they'll have enough...just.

Amazing how one little letter change can give a sentence a whole other meaning!

Archived