IGNORED

Mark Little

A word for him today. 

He gets a lot of stick on here (sometimes deserved) but he gave everything today. Didn't get his head down when being over run at times in the first half and worked really hard to keep us in the game. 

Whatever you think of his technical abilities he deserves a big shout today for his commitment and attitude. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Looked more like Freemans fault. Man ran outside of little who was marking the man on the ball. Where was Freeman?

We were hardly over loaded, but it looked like Little was trying to mark two players, and Freeman was not back in time to help out. More about each person knowing their role than Little's fault alone. Equally he did miss a tackle that put them in from the highlights soon after.

Very unfair if course just going off that and really pleased those that were there report he did well overall.

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Looked more like Freemans fault. Man ran outside of little who was marking the man on the ball. Where was Freeman?

If I recall rightly it was Tomlin who gave the ball away cheaply.  Many players had a hand in it really. 

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

We were hardly over loaded, but it looked like Little was trying to mark two players, and Freeman was not back in time to help out. More about each person knowing their role than Little's fault alone. Equally he did miss a tackle that put them in from the highlights soon after.

Very unfair if course just going off that and really pleased those that were there report he did well overall.

I think second half he looked so good. Though, everyone did. Don't like blaming any one player for a goal but our right side in the first half had no ideas going forward when the had it(which isn't often, we love the left side) and shaky defensively. Think it was just a bad half though on all phases of our team. 

Glad this thread has been set up. Just got back and was expected to usual stick for him but I thought he did really well - especially in the second half.  Shout out to Freeman too for the 15/20 minutes before he was subbed. Thought he started to link up really well on the right and cause them problems.

God though, Villa are awful. Truly, truly rubbish.  I thought Ayew's pace was going to cause our back line real problems at first, but they just didnt use him.  Dirty side too.

So pleased we won - coyr!!!

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

If I recall rightly it was Tomlin who gave the ball away cheaply.  Many players had a hand in it really. 

Yea I had forgotten exactly how it had come about. Didn't mean to place all blame on freeman mind. Just noticed he was well up the pitch. Even then we half slowed them down but they got a cross in and was a good finish tbf. 

18 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

For all his recent critics, he had a fantastic game today.

Looked solid in the first half even when we were poor, and not a single Villa chance came from Little's side in the second.

Golbourne was just as good but I thought give Lits some credit where it's due

At fault for the first goal, could have been at fault for the second with a weak attempt at a tackle.

Upped his performance a lot in the second half along with everyone else!

He was very poor the first 15 mins, the rest of the half was ok - had a really good 2nd half, but the whole team did (rising tide lifts all boats) - jury still out - though thought he played a lot better with Pack and O'Dowda on the pitch because they were shouting instructions and pointing where they wanted him / the ball / who to watch....  

One thing for sure, he aint gonna show us what he's got if people get on his back,

Much better today and even had a nice little run past a couplr.....

As for being at fault for goals, I hope the whole defence accepts blame for every goal conceded regardless if it is down to an individual or not......they are brothers in arms, together as a unit ....

Little had a very solid game, notably putting in several very hard tackles, hopefully indicating his shoulder is now back to 100%.

Btw, it wasn't Freeman or Tomlin who gave the ball to Villa to start the attack that led to their goal, it was Bobby Reid.

Yep. thought Little was great. Back to form - strong, quick and determined. Excellent.

It was indeed Reid who gave the ball away... we were pushing forward and as Reid was under no great pressure everyone assumed forward momentum would be maintained. A weak moment from Reid and in the position he plays that can, and was, costly. 

Archived