IGNORED

Gary o Neil

Red Army 75

5 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Better than Hartley?

From the radio, he sounds a great player and uses the ball really well. Great signing.

Different midfielders but ye better than Hartley . But as everyone in the first half was giving the ball away . Not him He just has the reassurance. Really good footballer 

Loved it towards the end when Grealish was breaking, and about to sprint past GON on to the ball. Moments earlier Grealish had been a petulant tart (again). O'Neill gently watched him, stepped across... bodycheck to the floor. Back in your box. That shut him up. 

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

His work rate and the ability to be available and support his team mates allows the others to play. Thanks to him Bobby Reid was able to run the game in midfield despite being up against Jedinak.

I saw O'Neil running the game in midfield, Again, Didn't see Reid do anything of note.

11 minutes ago, reddoc said:

I saw O'Neil running the game in midfield, Again, Didn't see Reid do anything of note.

Reid is very good on the break, quick and uses the ball fairly well in their half.  He also works hard and closes down.  He's terrible in a one on one and does not often win challenges, letting players go past him too easily and push him off the ball with one hand.  There is a player in there but I'm not sure it's a championship central midfielder.

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I have to assume you weren't there of have "Bobby blindness" then.

I'd have struggled to see it without being there. Reid's improved since LJ arrived , but remains lightweight and very capable of giving the ball away in dangerous positions. I guess 'Bobby blindness' is the opposite to those who get mildly aroused every time he completes a pass. 

3 minutes ago, reddoc said:

I'd have struggled to see it without being there. Reid's improved since LJ arrived , but remains lightweight and very capable of giving the ball away in dangerous positions. I guess 'Bobby blindness' is the opposite to those who get mildly aroused every time he completes a pass. 

Attacking players will and should be actively encouraged to make the kind of passes that may give the ball away. If Bobby ever stops making them, then I will be the first to criticise him. Lee mentioned him in his interview for his positivity and just remember who helped win the free kicks around the box.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Attacking players will and should be actively encouraged to make the kind of passes that may give the ball away. If Bobby ever stops making them, then I will be the first to criticise him. Lee mentioned him in his interview for his positivity and just remember who helped win the free kicks around the box.

Everyone gives the ball away from time to time. I just don't like the areas in which Reid does it.

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

But is he Gary O'Niel, Gary O'Neal, or Gary O'Neil??

Spelt all three ways in todays match programme. Worse than OTIB - and you'd think the club would know how it's spelt!!

Really?!!

Backs up what people say about the back office staff.  It really needs sorting out.  I don't buy a programme any more, but when I did there would be at least one spelling mistake every week.

GON was my man of the match today as he was last week.  Always available and I can't remember him ever making a wrong pass even when it's 30 yards.  Must admit I did not see him as a marque signing at the start of the season but already believe it to be one on the most if not the most influential signings we made.  Absolute clas.

Archived