IGNORED

Gary o Neil

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, Iron Man said:

Nearly crashed the car coming back when some bloke on radio Bristol said that G'ON is not a patch on Marlon Pack.

Me too, was that you in front of me? :P

31 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

Did anybody see Marlon get a wack from I think it was Bobby Reid's elbow or hand during the celebration of Tomlin's goal. Right in the mouth.

Check out my video, tweeted earlier.

Bet Pack is getting some stick about his large chin.

I just posted this on Twitter, as my daughter was one of the Mascot's and got to lead the team out with Gary O'Neill today.

Being only 4 1/2 she is quite shy, but Gary made a real effort to speak with her, make her feel at ease and help her to enjoy the experience of being the mascot.

In addition to this, his performance today was outstanding. It was a pleasure to watch him command the midfield and his energy and enthusiasm gives me great hope in those around him in the squad learning from him.

In the last 25 years of being a Bristol City fan I am struggling to think of a player who in such a short space of time has proven his worth to the club, both on and off the pitch.

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

End of the day,we have bought proper pros at the tail end of their career in the last 3 seasons,wilbs  and o'neil who had nothing to prove but just love playing 

Wade too. None of them are/were wasters just looking for a last big paycheck like some we`ve been treated to over the years.

1 hour ago, reddoc said:

I saw O'Neil running the game in midfield, Again, Didn't see Reid do anything of note.

Nothing of Note!! BR is one of our brightest young players, 18mths ago he was lightweight, a little naive and struggling to fulfil his bags of promise.

Fast forward and he's a bright, switched on young man who's worked hard, bulked up and prepared to dig in, added a bit of steel as he showed today. He also has a picture in his mind, looking happy playing quick one touch football, creativity in spades, a good ball carrier and has added goals to his game. He looks very at home amongst a squad of quality and very much looks a Championship player. He’s only 23 and still improving with every game under his belt. I don’t get how undervalued he is by so many

From your above comment I can only deduce you were the bare chested fella rolling around the pitch who’d obviously had too much sun

O'neill is just class a top pro who will prove a massive influence to a very young squad in everything he does both on & off of the pitch

Did I hear a post match caller on the Radio ask for him to be dropped? No idea what some people see.

Someone mentioned him earlier but for me, he is right up there with Hartley. Absolute Class and what an engine.

6 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Did I hear a post match caller on the Radio ask for him to be dropped? No idea what some people see.

Someone mentioned him earlier but for me, he is right up there with Hartley. Absolute Class and what an engine.

With all due respect to Hartley GON is a much better player. 

4 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Nothing of Note!! BR is one of our brightest young players, 18mths ago he was lightweight, a little naive and struggling to fulfil his bags of promise.

Fast forward and he's a bright, switched on young man who's worked hard, bulked up and prepared to dig in, added a bit of steel as he showed today. He also has a picture in his mind, looking happy playing quick one touch football, creativity in spades, a good ball carrier and has added goals to his game. He looks very at home amongst a squad of quality and very much looks a Championship player. He’s only 23 and still improving with every game under his belt. I don’t get how undervalued he is by so many

From your above comment I can only deduce you were the bare chested fella rolling around the pitch who’d obviously had too much sun

O'neill is just class a top pro who will prove a massive influence to a very young squad in everything he does both on & off of the pitch

Ok, possibly best not to, but I've got to ask, how do you connect a bloke with his shirt off, celebrating a goal, who may or may not have been me, with a mildly negative comment made about Bobby Reid? Fair to say every time I say Reid's not all it on the forum, I feel the need to do it semi naked, but how did you know that?

6 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Ok, possibly best not to, but I've got to ask, how do you connect a bloke with his shirt off, celebrating a goal, who may or may not have been me, with a mildly negative comment made about Bobby Reid? Fair to say every time I say Reid's not all it on the forum, I feel the need to do it semi naked, but how did you know that?

It was lighthearted much like your reply. Not a dig. Each to their own and close the curtains

3 hours ago, Full nelson said:

Pack, Reid and Smith will learn so much from him. Thought Pack showed some excellent touches and aggression which helped us finish the game off!! 

Pack was the perfect player to bring on at that point. Chased them down relentlessly and made it harder for them to win second ball from head downs. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Attacking players will and should be actively encouraged to make the kind of passes that may give the ball away. If Bobby ever stops making them, then I will be the first to criticise him. Lee mentioned him in his interview for his positivity and just remember who helped win the free kicks around the box.

Totally agree and its one thing he didn't do under cotts. Completely different player under LJ . I was one than never thought he'd get any better under cotterill . Very happy to be proved wrong . 

1 hour ago, Kibs said:

Yes.

There was one bit in the second half when I think Golbourne played a quick ball into him.  He looked like he had nowhere to go.  A heavy touch would mean he lost the ball.  A close touch would mean his marker would be all over him and he'd give us posession.  He somehow took the ball at pace, and stunned the ball into space, meaning his marker had committed to closing him down and O'Neil just eased into the space.  Absolute class.

Can someone just start the 'Gary O'Neil is great' thread at the same time as the matchday thread?  The guy is a machine.  Outstanding once again.

Also thought Pack was immense when he came on. Just what we needed to close out the game.  O'Dowda was great offensively and defensively for the short time he was on.  Wilbs played his part too.  We really have options from the bench now.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There was one bit in the second half when I think Golbourne played a quick ball into him.  He looked like he had nowhere to go.  A heavy touch would mean he lost the ball.  A close touch would mean his marker would be all over him and he'd give us posession.  He somehow took the ball at pace, and stunned the ball into space, meaning his marker had committed to closing him down and O'Neil just eased into the space.  Absolute class.

I've said for for a long time that we've never replaced Gary Shelton . I think we finally have after 25 years 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I've said for for a long time that we've never replaced Gary Shelton . I think we finally have after 25 years 

Never saw Shelts more than a couple of times, but I know a few of you rave over him.

Re GON, you can see the Prem quality, which I why I fail to see the negative re Kieran Richardson (assuming he's fit, head right etc).

Archived