IGNORED

Average attendance

Portland Bill

Although fantastic to see, it's still interesting to see that there's 11 teams above us, and that our stadium will be about the 12th biggest in terms of max. attendance when fully open. We've come a along way but still have a long way to go. This is the best time I can ever remember as a City fan, just praying the usual de-railing doesn't happen this time! 

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If we maintain a top 8 place and teams continue to travel well here (not sure how many more will totally sell out) we will maintain that.

I think, largely down to away followings being a lower average than Newcastle/Villa/first day of season Wigan, it'll drop a bit to the 19,000 mark.

If we average 19000 for the whole season I will be very very impressed and proud.

Anything above 18000 would be a success in my opinion

18 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

Although fantastic to see, it's still interesting to see that there's 11 teams above us, and that our stadium will be about the 12th biggest in terms of max. attendance when fully open. We've come a along way but still have a long way to go. This is the best time I can ever remember as a City fan, just praying the usual de-railing doesn't happen this time! 

Last season, we would've been 6th in that table. This year, 3 very well supported clubs have replaced Burnley Hull and Boro, with only Boro averaging over 20k. Fulham's average is boosted by big away followings (Newcastle took 6k there), not sure they will keep 23k up if their form levels out a bit, and Forest and Ipswich's crowds are up on last season at the moment.

29 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

If we average 19000 for the whole season I will be very very impressed and proud.

Anything above 18000 would be a success in my opinion

Depends how we do, if we are below 12th I think it'll be 18 or lower. 8th or above it'll be pushing 20 most weeks I think - dependent on away crowd.

We have a big market to tap into who will come for the right occasion, the clubs job is to help turn these people into fans that'll come most weeks. There's enough people living in Bristol/Glos/Somerset without a good football team nearby to make this happen.

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

First game of the season always attracts a crowd followed by Newcastle and Villa.

Hoping it continues but will be interesting to see what crowds we get against Rotherham, Burton, Preston etc...

I would like to think that as, for once, we didn't screw up when the floating voters turned up, we might actually retain a few for the next game as well.

1 hour ago, JustinCider said:

That does not include yesterday's game and attendance. Total now 61,246 and average 20,415 and puts us above Forest and Wolves. We are on the move?

It is a shame that two of our most attractive games of the season (Villa and Newcastle) have been played when our capacity is still limited to 22,000. We've also missed a trick by limiting away support to 2,500. Villa and Newcastle would have brought double that and the likes of Derby, Forest, Cardiff, Brighton and one or two others would bring 3,000 plus if they are having decent seasons.

5 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

It is a shame that two of our most attractive games of the season (Villa and Newcastle) have been played when our capacity is still limited to 22,000. We've also missed a trick by limiting away support to 2,500. Villa and Newcastle would have brought double that and the likes of Derby, Forest, Cardiff, Brighton and one or two others would bring 3,000 plus if they are having decent seasons.

The crowd was lower yesterday than the Newcastle game, so there must have been unsold seats, so the lower capacity, may not have been a problem anyway. I am not sure how we could give more seats to the away support, the police will want to maintain the segregation, where would we put them? 

9 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

If the game was a sell out within our restricted capacity, are you proposing we have less home fans to accommodate more big time "only come to see the Villa" Charlies from Villa?

I think we need to make it easy for fans without ST to be able to get tickets. Again I spoke to people who went to yesterday's game turning up at Ashton Gate in the week to buy tickets only to be told that they could not be able to buy tickets at the ground.

More POTD matches should be available, we now have 27,000 seats so no reason why.

Also we need to look at pricing. £38 for a ticket is an awful lot to pay. If you went to Newcastle and then Aston Villa that is nearly £80. The club could be more creative eg by tickets for the next 3 matches and get the third ticket at half priced.

The demand is there, everyone is talking about City and new ground in South Bristol there is a buzz but I'm worried we could be pricing casual supporters from nor attending, when what we should be doing is going after the casual supporter and turning them in to regulars.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

The crowd was lower yesterday than the Newcastle game, so there must have been unsold seats, so the lower capacity, may not have been a problem anyway. I am not sure how we could give more seats to the away support, the police will want to maintain the segregation, where would we put them? 

Easy one that, next year give them the whole Atyeo. Keep the ends blanked off and give away fans 3500. If a smaller club only wants a few tickets put city fans back in as and when

17 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Easy one that, next year give them the whole Atyeo. Keep the ends blanked off and give away fans 3500. If a smaller club only wants a few tickets put city fans back in as and when

Not easy at all, I like my seat there in that unreserved section, so does my daughter and I would imagine many of that Section 82 mob behind us. Where are the club going to place them that will sit well with them and fit them in with the clubs desire to maximise revenue?

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

How many clubs in the Championship give either a whole end or 5,000 tickets to away fans?

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

There were no unsold seats, the game was sold out and capacity was limited to a lower level than it was for the Newcastle game (for reasons we don't know).

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Not easy at all, I like my seat there in that unreserved section, so does my daughter and I would imagine many of that Section 82 mob behind us. Where are the club going to place them that will sit well with them and fit them in with the clubs desire to maximise revenue?

Dolman A block, dedicate the whole block to the section 82 lads and lassies. Allow them to stand, sing, hang flags wave flags decorate the concourse below A block with flags etc  also if reqd. easy!

1 minute ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Dolman A block, dedicate the whole block to the section 82 lads and lassies. Allow them to stand, sing, hang flags wave flags decorate the concourse below A block with flags etc  also if reqd. easy!

Haha, yes that would work because their relationship with the older fans in the Dolman is such a good one....... :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Haha, yes that would work because their relationship with the older fans in the Dolman is such a good one....... :whistle:

Guess what!

You would actually notify the people in blocks A+B to tell them of the plan in advance, no reason at all why it couldn't work .

I sit in B block with my boys and would be delighted to have them up with us creating an atmosphere.

Others that are against it could be given priority to move along or over.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

How many clubs in the Championship give either a whole end or 5,000 tickets to away fans?

At a guess:

Fulham

Huddersfield

Barnsley

Birmingham

Burton

Brentford

Reading

Wednesday

Wigan

Rotherham

Preston

Blackburn

And probably Cardiff very soon, the way they are going. There's enough empty seats there

4 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

But it wouldn't have made any difference us limiting the away supporters because the Sag set the limit at what we sold, all it would have done is let more away supporters in

Atyeo end dedicated for 4,500  Away fans only.  Potentially 8,000 more away fans over a season  x £30 = c£250,000. Villa and  Newcastle alone would have brought an extra 4,000 between them.

23,000 tickets left for our own fans when the safety restrictions are lifted.(more than enough unless we get into the Premiership) )

Singing section  return to the East End  by moving to South Stand corner next to the Dolman .  This family section section once again yesterday sparsely populated - ST holders not bringing youngsters. Family section / corporates  forced to move to Upper West Stand or South Stand below and adjacent to the Heineken Lounge.

The atmosphere was excellent yesterday, best for a long time  and could only be enhanced every match with the singing section between the Dolman and centre South Stand.

3 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Guess what!

You would actually notify the people in blocks A+B to tell them of the plan in advance, no reason at all why it couldn't work .

I sit in B block with my boys and would be delighted to have them up with us creating an atmosphere.

Others that are against it could be given priority to move along or over.

To where? The blocks we are in are unreserved / pay on the day seating and the cheapest seats in the ground. Are they really going to give over A + B of the Dolman at the same sort of price but still charge a different prize for the rest of the Dolman? Where would the people who wanted to leave the Dolman move to for a similar price that they are paying for tickets now? 

I would stick to what we have now, giving the away support the 10% we have to give, rather than go down the MK route of giving over the ground to away supporters every week.

Archived