Burton

Brentford

Reading

Wednesday

Wigan

Rotherham

Preston

Blackburn

And probably Cardiff very soon, the way they are going. There's enough empty seats there

I know huddersfield only gave barnsley half of the away stand. Birmingham only gave us 75% of the stand last year. I reckon you could only get 5k at Wednesday and Fulham. Be interesting to know what the largest away crowd at the gate has been? 

5 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Atyeo end dedicated for 4,500  Away fans only.  Potentially 8,000 more away fans over a season  x £30 = c£250,000. Villa and  Newcastle alone would have brought an extra 4,000 between them.

23,000 tickets left for our own fans when the safety restrictions are lifted.(more than enough unless we get into the Premiership) )

Singing section  return to the East End  by moving to South Stand corner next to the Dolman .  This family section section once again yesterday sparsely populated - ST holders not bringing youngsters. Family section / corporates  forced to move to Upper West Stand or South Stand below and adjacent to the Heineken Lounge.

The atmosphere was excellent yesterday, best for a long time  and could only be enhanced every match with the singing section between the Dolman and centre South Stand.

Think relocating the family section is the only viable option to move S82 en masse.  By its nature fans only have a limited tenure in there as they will have to move once the kids reach a certain age anyway.  In other areas I'm sure fans would consider they have secured their seats on a CTID basis!!

Failing that reduced seat prices in the Lansdown frozen for a set period to entice fans from the SS.  S82 to sprinkle themselves amongst the rest of us there and act as agent de provocateurs to get the whole stand involved.  (Thought SS did cracking job on Saturday mind).

14 hours ago, bs3 said:

I think we need to make it easy for fans without ST to be able to get tickets. Again I spoke to people who went to yesterday's game turning up at Ashton Gate in the week to buy tickets only to be told that they could not be able to buy tickets at the ground.

More POTD matches should be available, we now have 27,000 seats so no reason why.

Also we need to look at pricing. £38 for a ticket is an awful lot to pay. If you went to Newcastle and then Aston Villa that is nearly £80. The club could be more creative eg by tickets for the next 3 matches and get the third ticket at half priced.

The demand is there, everyone is talking about City and new ground in South Bristol there is a buzz but I'm worried we could be pricing casual supporters from nor attending, when what we should be doing is going after the casual supporter and turning them in to regulars.

I agree the pricing for POTD is an issue several in my office have been to the Villa and Newcastle games and really enjoyed it but are unlikely to return to Derby or Leeds as again there gold category games anything above £30 is a real turn off for anything other than the odd visit , I wouldn't pay it if I was them, which is a real shame as the demand is definitely there.

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

To where? The blocks we are in are unreserved / pay on the day seating and the cheapest seats in the ground. Are they really going to give over A + B of the Dolman at the same sort of price but still charge a different prize for the rest of the Dolman? Where would the people who wanted to leave the Dolman move to for a similar price that they are paying for tickets now? 

I would stick to what we have now, giving the away support the 10% we have to give, rather than go down the MK route of giving over the ground to away supporters every week.

No if you moved up you would have to pay the Dolman wing price which to be fair to the club is a good season ticket deal working out at about £17.50 a game for afults.

You wouldn't be moving that many people from the Dolman stand probably 1000 max, these could be easily relocated into other areas of the Dolman, South stand or Lansdown.

Similar priced tickets could be found at the other end of the Dolman for people currently in A block.

Your MK reference was a little bit exaggerated as we would be giving away teams a max of 3500 out of 27000!

As my original post said for smaller games / attendance's you could open up the other half the Atyeo and give a good deal on cheaper tickets to attract people.

Easy

Quick question(s) - this £38 I keep seeing posted :-

Is this central upper west stand ?

Is this pre £5 member discount ?

Is it cheaper in the wings like the Dolman ?

Before anybody says try the main site - currently down the coast on very restricted Internet and cannot load many sites !!

Proper fan though - did not leave until Sunday :cool:

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Quick question(s) - this £38 I keep seeing posted :-

Is this central upper west stand ?

Is this pre £5 member discount ?

Is it cheaper in the wings like the Dolman ?

Before anybody says try the main site - currently down the coast on very restricted Internet and cannot load many sites !!

Proper fan though - did not leave until Sunday :cool:

See gold prices below. £41 for a non-member in the middle of the Lansdown.

£38 was the top price ticket last year, in the middle of the Dolman - fractionally cheaper this year.

Edit - these prices are for the Derby game specifically hence the £1 for u12s. All other prices are the usual ones.

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

No if you moved up you would have to pay the Dolman wing price which to be fair to the club is a good season ticket deal working out at about £17.50 a game for afults.

You wouldn't be moving that many people from the Dolman stand probably 1000 max, these could be easily relocated into other areas of the Dolman, South stand or Lansdown.

Similar priced tickets could be found at the other end of the Dolman for people currently in A block.

Your MK reference was a little bit exaggerated as we would be giving away teams a max of 3500 out of 27000!

As my original post said for smaller games / attendance's you could open up the other half the Atyeo and give a good deal on cheaper tickets to attract people.

Easy

But I thought all the Dolman and the South Stand was sold out, are there 1000 seats available there? You can also agree surely that an average price of 17.50 a game is a big jump from the £13 a game they are paying at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Cider red said:

Disagree with the giving away fans 4500 tickets argument, 3000 at most. Do we want 4500 fans drowning us out? Would give them a huge advantage.

Quite right, although 2,700 is more than sufficient for most clubs.

As well as diminishing home advantage acutely, there would be the added costs of far more stewards and police.

Giving almost twice as many to away fans as we need to also markedly increases the likelihood of trouble. The few clubs who might actually sell more than the current allocation (i.e. Newcastle, Villa, Cardiff, Birmingham, possibly Wolves & Leeds) would almost certainly bring extra troublemakers with them.

Very unlikely any of them would sell 4,500 anyway - only perhaps Villa imo. - unless it was a Saturday match AND they were on a good run at the time.

All in all it's an extremely poor argument for a bit of extra gate money ( probably largely negated by extra security costs) a few times per season.

15 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

At a guess:

Fulham

Huddersfield

Barnsley

Birmingham

Burton

Brentford

Reading

Wednesday

Wigan

Rotherham

Preston

Blackburn

And probably Cardiff very soon, the way they are going. There's enough empty seats there

If you're talking about giving over a whole end then no doubt many named above apply.

If you're talking about clubs giving over a whole end and 4,500 - 5,000 tickets to away fans, as suggested by some for AG, then the number would be very small, and in any case only taken up on very rare occasions.

Wednesday because they can fit in 35k home fans as well, the likes of  PNE chasing the £££ because of a comparative lack of home fans.

Most reasonably supported clubs realise demand for 5k away fans is extremely rare and plan their seating arrangements for the season accordingly.

Only a foolish, or desperate, club would risk giving away home advantage in a division as tight as the Championship.

6 hours ago, Red, red wine said:

I can't decide whether to get a season ticket or not. Just spent £110 for me and my son to watch the last two games. I could have watched another 21 games for an extra £240. Problem I don't want to sit in the family corner and can't afford the price to sit anywhere else.

You are aware there is a direct debit scheme run by Bristol Sport? Just figuring if you can afford 110 in the space of a few weeks you can afford 45/50 a month on 10 direct debit payments and as you suggest  watch a lot more games for the extra - just in case you were not aware ! 

That is how I pay for me and my daughter as I don't ever seem to have the cash to pay out in one go but now it is like the mortgage, gas, pet insurance etc - ie just another direct debit !!

22 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Dolman A block, dedicate the whole block to the section 82 lads and lassies. Allow them to stand, sing, hang flags wave flags decorate the concourse below A block with flags etc  also if reqd. easy!

Well I'm a season ticket holder in A block. So are you asking me to move ? If you are , bollox I ain't . Why the obsession with giving away fans more tickets. **** um

Still think away fans should've been top tier Atyeo in a corner. Gives an excuse to charge them a premium - making up for a bit of segregation, keeps them away from the action and allows us to have two home 'ends'. Poor stadium planning I must say.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well I'm a season ticket holder in A block. So are you asking me to move ? If you are , bollox I ain't . Why the obsession with giving away fans more tickets. **** um

No you can stay just stand and sing with the lads.

Give the away fans more tickets because I don't think we are capable of selling the 24000 tickets ourselves  

On 8/28/2016 at 14:21, Big Brother said:

Surprised to see PNE's average gate is roughly half of ours.

Preston  Population: 114,300 (Jun 2008)

Bristol Population: 428,100 (2011)

Admittedly the :gasmask: get 100,000 for every home game, but that still leaves us with a population twice of Preston's. 

Ages ago when I had a spare several hours I did average attendance / population. We didn't come out too well unfortunately. Saying that, our % of capacity was always high.

1 hour ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Admittedly the :gasmask: get 100,000 for every home game, but that still leaves us with a population twice of Preston's. 

Ages ago when I had a spare several hours I did average attendance / population. We didn't come out too well unfortunately. Saying that, our % of capacity was always high.

That doesn't include all the outlying areas of Bristol and the lack of rivals the club has. Swindon, Cardiff and Rovers are about it. PNE has Blackpool, Burnley, Accrington, Everton, Liverpool, Bury, Manchester City and United all within 1 hour

4 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

They aren't just suggesting that you move. They are also suggesting that you move so that your current seat can be sold for less than you are paying for it now..!

1 hour ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Burnley are the best supported club in England based on average attendance over time and the town's population. Scotland is the best supported league in Europe based on crowds compared to the country's small population.

I've taken on board all the responses to my comments, but I still think with a 27,000 capacity we should be meeting the demand of away supporters. I think we are chucking money down the drain. At least 6 or 7 clubs could sell more than 3500 tickets for matches at Ashton Gate (Newcastle and Villa being two). I accept due to health and safety and a reduced capacity it is lucky we didn't give up the whole of the Ayteo for our first three home games but as soon as we have 27,000 tickets available it makes sense. 

I don't accept we'd be handing an advantage to away teams, I don't think the acoustics are great in the Ayteo and in my 34 years following City I think our Home support is more vociferous when faced with a large away following.

The one argument that I do accept is the likelihood of more crowd trouble before and after games. Although I have seen trouble at each of the home games this season already.

52 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

That doesn't include all the outlying areas of Bristol and the lack of rivals the club has. Swindon, Cardiff and Rovers are about it. PNE has Blackpool, Burnley, Accrington, Everton, Liverpool, Bury, Manchester City and United all within 1 hour

The trouble is were up against Liverpool, Manu and Man City the same as Preston. The only difference being those in Bristol  take less than an hour to take there seats for games!!!!

18 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

The one argument that I do accept is the likelihood of more crowd trouble before and after games.

This. We'd have to figure out how to segregate Section82 from the rest of the City fans, both in the stands and the concourse. 

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez: :city:    I         :yawn::fastasleep::fastasleep:

8 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Also Bolton, Oldham & Rochdale

I think it's unfortunate but unavoidable that we again have seated away supporters in the stand with the lowest roof, thus amplifying any noise they make and giving them the illusion that they are drowning out the rest of the ground. It happened when they were in the EE as well.

I would resist any move to shift remaining City fans from the Atyeo for that reason alone.

Archived