IGNORED

witnesses required

stroud

14 hours ago, oldrosie said:

It is odd that this sort of thing only happens after football matches.  Rugby games - and cricket - there are not even police officers deployed.  Maybe if football supporters just learned to behave properly then these incidents would not happen.  Once again I know I am opening myself up to verbal abuse - but then that is what is to be expected from football fans.  

You are the ball of wool to OTIB's kitten. You fail to realise the brutal irony of your final sentence, which indicates to me that you're not half as clever as you think you are.

I won't lower myself to verbally abusing you, but it's my sincere wish that you're lightly trampled by a police horse.(should you ever visit Ashton Gate)

You sanctimonious little *****.

furthermore old Rosie I will be happy to meet up with you before the Derby game and show you all the evidence that has been gathered and if you can find anything on there that shows said parent or in fact said child did anything to deserve the treatment they got I will gladly shake your hand and buy you a drink and say yes your right all footy fans deserve what they get

3 minutes ago, stroud said:

furthermore old Rosie I will be happy to meet up with you before the Derby game and show you all the evidence that has been gathered and if you can find anything on there that shows said parent or in fact said child did anything to deserve the treatment they got I will gladly shake your hand and buy you a drink and say yes your right all footy fans deserve what they get

As hard as it maybe just ignore him . Just on a wind up

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

I've witnessed punches being thrown at several cricket matches so I think you might be looking at it though rose tinted glasses.

As the saying goes - rugby is played by thugs, football is watched by it! 

I've been watching cricket for over 50 years and only very rarely seen problems and then only from people who've spent the day drinking (Western terrace at Headingley, btw). Neither cricket, or rugby for that matter, seem to have the tribal hatred or violent hangers-on that you can see at football. Its only a very, very small number of people that cause the problems in football, but they do seem to be more tolerated by clubs and other supporters than they should be, imo.

44 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I've been watching cricket for over 50 years and only very rarely seen problems and then only from people who've spent the day drinking (Western terrace at Headingley, btw). Neither cricket, or rugby for that matter, seem to have the tribal hatred or violent hangers-on that you can see at football. Its only a very, very small number of people that cause the problems in football, but they do seem to be more tolerated by clubs and other supporters than they should be, imo.

We are discussing specifics here. And please be assurred that I have personally witnessed police transgressions this season already.

8 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

We are discussing specifics here. And please be assurred that I have personally witnessed police transgressions this season already.

I was responding to a post from Tomarse, and although you don't think it's relevant, I do. I take your point re the specifics of this particular case and having contributed earlier think we could have a look more generally around the issue, which is what I think this forum does well. If you don't agree, fair enough, but you can't expect to edit people.

The police turn up at football all too aware of the possibility of trouble. Some of them overreact badly as appears to be the case here, for which the the victim has my sympathy.

The unpleasant truth is though, if it wasn't for the small number of idiots that football seems to attract the police wouldn't even be there. As a very old fart I can remember football matches years ago with crowds that weren't segregated and at which there were only a couple of police in attendance, and they were watching the match not the crowd. 

Hope that evidence can be gathered in his specific case and miscreants punished, but let's not pretend that the few idiots don't bring this nonsense onto us all. 

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

The worst incident I witnessed was at Surrey where in their infinite wisdom Surrey put all Somserset fans next to a load of drunken corporates and punches were thrown unfortunately 

7 minutes ago, stroud said:

Hi winsleyred,yes due to CCTV footage the police officer has been recognized and at the moment its,in the hands of the parents solicitor but was refreshing was how many people came out to help.

Good hope everyone is okay and this doesn't put the boy off coming again

18 hours ago, oldrosie said:

It is odd that this sort of thing only happens after football matches.  Rugby games - and cricket - there are not even police officers deployed.  Maybe if football supporters just learned to behave properly then these incidents would not happen.  Once again I know I am opening myself up to verbal abuse - but then that is what is to be expected from football fans.  

rugby is a game supported by more middle class people foo re by working class that's why

19 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Bet the ob been in Bs3 to see if video shows anything so as to wipe video of any evidence ,I know this happens and on a regular occurrence as for the OB video in park,I bet he missed the incident .Sorry to say they are the biggest liars going

Stop talking absolute bollocks

7 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

My good lady's daughter works for A&S and has no issues with any sporting fixtures other than football.  I suspect (and I am opening myself up to even more abuse here) that it is to do with IQ ... 

Why is she discussing operational matters with you? Not abusive. More concerned about levels of professionalism.

20 minutes ago, stroud said:

Hi old Rosie

can I ask you old Rosie are you actually saying that any police force have never been responsible for any incidents at a football match interesting view that is

Certainly flies in the face of the damming evidence against the police regarding this country's biggest football tragedy.

On 28/08/2016 at 21:21, Magger1 said:

Bet the ob been in Bs3 to see if video shows anything so as to wipe video of any evidence ,I know this happens and on a regular occurrence as for the OB video in park,I bet he missed the incident .Sorry to say they are the biggest liars going

Dead right Magger.

I got knicked once before a city game and was photographed in a light blue jumper.Up in court the lying OB said "I remember the defendant clearly from his check jumper".

I then pointed out the photograph and case was dismissed.....Would have been stitched up but for his stupidity.

12 hours ago, stokes7 said:

I know people were waiting for bus use and being told to move along and the other side of the wall they had the police dogs I don't understand the reason because there was no trouble it's as if the police were wanting some 

When I came by at about 5.10 there was a group by the park wall on the pavement opposite the Rising Sun surrounded by the police, I assumed they were Villa lads trying to play up because of the number of police around them didn't realise they were city supporters.

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 22:21, Magger1 said:

Been a victim of this in the past myself.

2 hours ago, oldrosie said:

My good lady's daughter works for A&S and has no issues with any sporting fixtures other than football.  I suspect (and I am opening myself up to even more abuse here) that it is to do with IQ ... 

Are you on a wind up?? IQ ? I've been to many sporting events and often people with the biggest IQ's are the worse. 

I get the impression that you are on a wind up so I'm trying not to bite but you really do chat utter dribble!

2 hours ago, oldrosie said:

So what.

I may be speaking for the majority of genuine city fans who use this forum by saying I couldn't give a toss what your good lady daughter thinks about football.

You obviously have a greater IQ than most of us on here , so what do get out of coming on to this football community site and trolling.

3 hours ago, oldrosie said:

It's ironic really as there's no other sporting fixtures where DECENT fans get treated like animals by police the way they do at football. Maybe you could ask your good lady's daughter why that is? 

..... If you remember to that is

...... Although I suspect with your IQ you will

Let's not forget there are police officers who are City fans (and Otib members) and the vast majority of coppers are just ordinary folk trying to do a very difficult job.

That said, I hope this one, who sounds like he was clearly abusing his position of authority, gets booted out the force if the case is proved against him. And I hope the OP gets a positive response to his request. 

Tend to read this site mostly these days, but this thread quite interested me.

This may be well and truly after the event, and may or may not be specific to this incident but on exiting the ground once or twice this season I have seen something never noticed before- guess is the route I take whatever.

Regarding the force, either it will be Avon & Somerset (most likely). Villa? Maybe, could be...guess they send the odd officer down to liase regarding their potential troublesome elements. But the third one is interesting- as I say.

Seen it twice now, and I am basically certain I have seen Devon & Cornwall logo on various police officers. I dunno the proportion, the numbers which are but definitely some at least- maybe worth looking into that element.

Hope justice is done in this case.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tend to read this site mostly these days, but this thread quite interested me.

This may be well and truly after the event, and may or may not be specific to this incident but on exiting the ground once or twice this season I have seen something never noticed before- guess is the route I take whatever.

Regarding the force, either it will be Avon & Somerset (most likely). Villa? Maybe, could be...guess they send the odd officer down to liase regarding their potential troublesome elements. But the third one is interesting- as I say.

Seen it twice now, and I am basically certain I have seen Devon & Cornwall logo on various police officers. I dunno the proportion, the numbers which are but definitely some at least- maybe worth looking into that element.

Hope justice is done in this case.

At the Wigan game there were three Devon and Cornwall police vans parked near the corner of the Lansdown and Atyeo stands - remember seeing it at the time and thinking it looked a bit odd - I know sometimes police from other forces can fill in if there are staff shortages, and there may also be a case of one force 'training' officers from another - but three vans for City v Wigan just seemed out of place to me. 

3 minutes ago, North London Red said:

At the Wigan game there were three Devon and Cornwall police vans parked near the corner of the Lansdown and Atyeo stands - remember seeing it at the time and thinking it looked a bit odd - I know sometimes police from other forces can fill in if there are staff shortages, and there may also be a case of one force 'training' officers from another - but three vans for City v Wigan just seemed out of place to me. 

Yeah it is a funny one. Filling in most likely, mutual assistance you would think.

For the record noticed them each home game this season- van, logo, whatever.

Archived