IGNORED

witnesses required

stroud

From my experience and this is in life not at the football the majority of police are lying hypocritical scum that think they are above the law who ruin the reputation of the decent ones which it seems very few of, just my opinion from what I've seen and heard of them.

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tend to read this site mostly these days, but this thread quite interested me.

This may be well and truly after the event, and may or may not be specific to this incident but on exiting the ground once or twice this season I have seen something never noticed before- guess is the route I take whatever.

Regarding the force, either it will be Avon & Somerset (most likely). Villa? Maybe, could be...guess they send the odd officer down to liase regarding their potential troublesome elements. But the third one is interesting- as I say.

Seen it twice now, and I am basically certain I have seen Devon & Cornwall logo on various police officers. I dunno the proportion, the numbers which are but definitely some at least- maybe worth looking into that element.

Hope justice is done in this case.

Due to cuts to the Police in the last few years it would seem that A&S police doesn't have the resources to carry policing any major event. 

They would pull in Police from other forces if there was a major incident eg a riot. 

I always found A&S pretty good at policing football compared to other forces, in contrast to Devon and Cornwall who are particularly vile to City fans.

When all this comes out and we know more about this unsavoury incident , it would not  surprise me if the Police officer in question is from a different force.

25 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I always found A&S pretty good at policing football compared to other forces, in contrast to Devon and Cornwall who are particularly vile to City fans.

When all this comes out and we know more about this unsavoury incident , it would not  surprise me if the Police officer in question is from a different force.

From what I've been told, you aren't far off. 

12 hours ago, oldrosie said:

My good lady's daughter works for A&S and has no issues with any sporting fixtures other than football.  I suspect (and I am opening myself up to even more abuse here) that it is to do with IQ ... 

Gas on a fishing trip, ignore.

22 hours ago, Calculus said:

I've been watching cricket for over 50 years and only very rarely seen problems and then only from people who've spent the day drinking (Western terrace at Headingley, btw). Neither cricket, or rugby for that matter, seem to have the tribal hatred or violent hangers-on that you can see at football. Its only a very, very small number of people that cause the problems in football, but they do seem to be more tolerated by clubs and other supporters than they should be, imo.

I'm going to assume that you watch Union over League as fighting at rugby league games happens quite regularly... Recently at Huddersfield fans were even fighting with the players.

Likewise with Cricket... Have you been to a roses game? You can't tell me there is no tribal hatred there? And I can promise you there are plenty of violent hangers on.

It is imo very narrow minded to claim these sort of things only happen at football games.

I have never been involved in any trouble in 50 years of attending football matches, I don't think that makes me unusual. I did once have cause to raise a complaint against the police after I left the ground and was cornered by a policeman with a dog in the KFC car park. My crime? According to the investigating officer I was in the right age bracket to be a hooligan (I was 45 at the time, but flatter myself I look younger), I was NOT wearing colours! and finally worst of all I was on my phone! I was ringing my brother in Plymouth to give him a run down of the game, even 10 years ago I doubt this was unusual.
I got a vague apology, couched with denials. I had accused the cooper of swearing at my, which he denied and even though my brother heard this over the phone, they went with his account.

So to sum it up, I guess what I learned was not to be 45, not to use my phone when leaving the ground and dress like a Full Kit ******!

In all my years of supporting BCFC- there're two incidents which stand out.

Play off final v Walsall when we had to get on to the pitch from the wooden stand to avoid marauding Walsall fans only to be met by West Midland's finest baton wielding horseman.

In a similar era, walking to AG with about ten lads from the Try Again and a police van slowed and a young uniformed policeman with spiky hair leant out and said" Baaaah, Baaah- you f****** sheep." I was just staggered- we ignored him and that was that.

So in several hundred matches both home and away, I've only witnessed 2 occasions when the Police have been at the root of the problem and not part of the solution. Over the same period I have seen many many many( just too many) incidents both inside and outside of grounds where the whole issue is drunken or violent fans- usually both.

The incident that the OP has described is not the norm and I hope it's dealt with in the strongest possible way.

There are idiot Police Officers, there are idiot Football Fans. Thankfully, both are in the minority which is why incidents like this are rare.

I also hope that any policeman that sees fit to assault an 8 year old child, no matter how they were acting, feels the full force of what is coming to him.

35 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

I'm going to assume that you watch Union over League as fighting at rugby league games happens quite regularly... Recently at Huddersfield fans were even fighting with the players.

Likewise with Cricket... Have you been to a roses game? You can't tell me there is no tribal hatred there? And I can promise you there are plenty of violent hangers on.

It is imo very narrow minded to claim these sort of things only happen at football games.

I didn't say that these things only happen at football, if you read what I said. 

Have been to lots of Roses games and rugby games of both codes and not seen the scale or frequency of bad stuff I see at football. What I'm saying that crowd violence is overwhelming more a football problem than any other sport. Never seen an organised group of cricket supporters rampaging through a town or damaging a train. Never seen rugby supporters segregated as a matter of course in the way that happens in football.

All that said, still think that the massive majority of football supporters are perfectly decent people (nothing to do IQ, btw - can't believe someone said that).

Why some turn up at football bent on trouble I don't know, but if we could stop being in denial or pointing at others as you are doing then we might just start handling the problem.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Have been to lots of Roses games and rugby games of both codes and not seen the scale or frequency of bad stuff I see at football. What I'm saying that crowd violence is overwhelming more a football problem than any other sport. Never seen an organised group of cricket supporters rampaging through a town or damaging a train. Never seen rugby supporters segregated as a matter of course in the way that happens in football.

All that said, still think that the massive majority of football supporters are perfectly decent people (nothing to do IQ, btw - can't believe someone said that).

Why some turn up at football bent on trouble I don't know, but if we could stop being in denial or pointing at others as you are doing then we might just start handling the problem.

OK, fresh off the shelf, up at Edgbaston yesterday group of 10/12 Warwickshire "fans" decided to get at a group of Somerset supporters.

As for the train, remember Exeter RFC supporters marauding through an HST looking for trouble, they got as far as the returning Bath fans in the buffet and all hell broke loose !

A lot of people's perceptions on problems are fed by the National press, football fans make headlines, rugby and cricket etc don't

16 hours ago, oldrosie said:

My good lady's daughter works for A&S and has no issues with any sporting fixtures other than football.  I suspect (and I am opening myself up to even more abuse here) that it is to do with IQ ... 

What has her IQ got to do with where she works? 

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 23:25, stroud said:

Hi city 169 if you saw anything no matter big or small and would be prepared to make a statement would you let me know through otib so I can pass the details to the solicitors who are looking into the police actions many thanks

I'm not sure I'd be able to help as I only heard it and couldn't really see anything other than a man held on the ground. But would be willing to make a statement.

(formerly city169).

On 29 August 2016 at 20:36, oldrosie said:

By the sweeping generalisation in your post I think you must be one of the football supporters you are stereotyping. 

On 29 August 2016 at 16:59, Monkeh said:

Stop talking absolute bollocks

Mate don't fire ***** into me I probably know more about this subject than you could dream off but we're all entitled to a opinion but for people like yourself who believe there's no smoke without fire believe me matey the OB are not whiter than white 

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Mate don't fire ***** into me I probably know more about this subject than you could dream off but we're all entitled to a opinion but for people like yourself who believe there's no smoke without fire believe me matey the OB are not whiter than white 

Never said they are whiter then white but they don't go in and wipe cctv ether and no you don't know more about it then I do my wife works for the police

On 28 August 2016 at 17:48, Magger1 said:

I heard about this and was told father and son were pushed by police horse and then assaulted by officer with a swipe of his truncheon to fathers face,I wounder if officer would like his children to see this ,but then were only scum and their allowed to do this to us 

By the way Nick you are a bit of a **** so don't ave a go at me BUSTED

Archived