IGNORED

England squad...

EmersonsRed

Antonio is a good trier but it's not fixing England's problem. Honestly think they'd do better with a team full of championship players. Henderson again. Probably the worst excuse of a "top" footballer I've ever seen. At least Sterling looks to be getting on track a bit. England will qualify. Hopefully a couple more Dele Alli's and Eric Diers break through by then. Looking at you Taylor Moore and Tammy Abraham. 

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

I disagree entierly. Get him in the U21s where he's 100% gonna start. 

He should 100% start for England. His cameo against Hull was so impressive. Meanwhile you've got Kane who thinks he's an attacking midfielder. Sturridge who wants to be a striker but his manager doesn't fancy him to do the job. Jamie Vardy is decent but we've never seen England play him to his strengths. 

Rooney has never been the same since his heel injury years back, I fail to understand how he makes the team selection? He used to score loads for utd until he was out from his heel injury, never been the same player since yet everyone still rates him very highly, piss off! My family supports united, so I got to see how he was over the years, been awful since his heel injury. Yes he has asked for a more midfield role, but I reckon thats just a ploy to keep himself on the pitch and even then he aint that good at it. Gives the ball away plenty of times, terrible passes, very overhyped player.

People who say "I'm not interested in England anymore", "I hope we don't qualify" or "I've given up" are in the same league as those Bristolians who support Manchester United, Liverpool or Chelsea. Being English is a birth right and you should NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, turn your back on your country. Being English isn't just about winning, it's about pride. The players might not be the best, but to hell with it, that's when we as Englishmen step in to roar them on. 

Would you turn your back on City if they went through a bad patch? 

Disgrace 

6 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

People who say "I'm not interested in England anymore", "I hope we don't qualify" or "I've given up" are in the same league as those Bristolians who support Manchester United, Liverpool or Chelsea. Being English is a birth right and you should NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, turn your back on your country. Being English isn't just about winning, it's about pride. The players might not be the best, but to hell with it, that's when we as Englishmen step in to roar them on. 

Disgrace 

Meh. 

17 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Disgrace 

Maybe there's only so much people can take. I'm sure most can accept losing, but being knocked out without having the courage to have a go time after time must be pretty disheartening.

A shame to see some writing Sam off before his England team have even kicked a ball. I don't see many English players knocking the door down for selection that weren't included.

27 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Disgrace 

You totally ignore we've won naff all since 1966. Turning backs 50 years later has nothing to do with a lack of success, it's to do with not identifying with the England national side whatsoever.

I support Bristol City and have done my whole life, I've rarely seen us win anything - one lower league championship, some promotions from the lower leagues and a couple of JPTs aside. 

Why do I have more patience for City than I do England? It has nothing whatsoever to do with success or winning but everything to do with application. Application doesn't even mean performing well, it means blood and guts and coming off the pitch with sweat dripping. I haven't seen that in England for long enough that until these prima donnas work out they are fallible nothing will change.

Take our neighbours down the road, many say a lot of their problems is their fans get fed crap and don't protest, demand more. Aren't unfaltering national side fans guilty of the exact same? Arguably the best support you can give to the national side is if you want us cheering you on about time you win us back through passion. 

People who say "I'm not interested in England anymore", "I hope we don't qualify" or "I've given up" are in the same league as those Bristolians who support Manchester United, Liverpool or Chelsea. Being English is a birth right and you should NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, turn your back on your country. Being English isn't just about winning, it's about pride ...

I coach and work in grass roots football. I can take no pride in the FA and its representative XI. They are a disgrace. Per capita Iceland has more coaches its kids than England does. Far more. That theme continues against other football nation across Europe.

As a football nation we fail to prepare like a top level football nation. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail and England unlike its Olympians guarantee failure.

Mr Allardyce has a tough job. This squad highlights the paucity of talent. Focus should fall on how and why.

2 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Disgrace 

Sorry but in the age of the £300,000 a week footballer a rallying cry like this doesn't cut the mustard with me any more. Pride is a two way street and until I see these overpaid prima donnas showing the same sort of "pride" you are asking us to show, I will struggle to get excited about it.

Frankly the last tournament exit felt like a breaking point for me.

30 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry but in the age of the £300,000 a week footballer a rallying cry like this doesn't cut the mustard with me any more. Pride is a two way street and until I see these overpaid prima donnas showing the same sort of "pride" you are asking us to show, I will struggle to get excited about it.

Frankly the last tournament exit felt like a breaking point for me.

Here we go, money ruins the game, no pride... in terms of this summer at least, bollocks.

There's plenty of reasons we did shit at the Euros and that's not one of them. The amount of chances we made in each game shows it. You see time and time again how the whole reason we lost is because the players don't care and it's just mindless crap.

6 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

Here we go, money ruins the game, no pride... in terms of this summer at least, bollocks.

There's plenty of reasons we did shit at the Euros and that's not one of them. The amount of chances we made in each game shows it. You see time and time again how the whole reason we lost is because the players don't care and it's just mindless crap.

Do you know I do actually agree with you to an extent and I've defended the England team along similar lines in the recent past. But something was dreadfully wrong with that performance against Iceland that went beyond trying hard but just not being good enough. How many chances did they create in that game? They were more than good enough to beat that side. And I would maintain that the enormous salaries footballers earn does make it harder for us to respond positively to calls for "pride" in the light of such an inept performance.

The other this that has swayed me more against the England team than I have been in the past was this article in The Independent, which makes for powerful reading:-

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/england-vs-iceland-reaction-too-rich-too-famous-too-much-ego-joe-hart-epitomises-everything-that-is-a7106591.html

Was happy to see big sam as England manager but why oh why leave out Barkley? For sure he didn't have a great season in 2015/16 but form is temporary, class is permanent.

When Ross gets his form back and some confidence he is a world beater and a class act, dropping him from the England squad isn't gonna help. 

In my opinion we should be building the team around him, he is that good!

Archived