IGNORED

Agenda items for FAN -Thursday 1st September

Dollymarie

List is probably too long now, but since everything else at the club is just brilliant, can you ask them when it's going to be possible to use a season ticket discount in the online club shop? I realise it requires some level of validation but bit of a joke that those people who already invest in a season ticket from miles away, are expected to go to the club shop in person to get any benefits.

46 minutes ago, Olé said:

List is probably too long now, but since everything else at the club is just brilliant, can you ask them when it's going to be possible to use a season ticket discount in the online club shop? I realise it requires some level of validation but bit of a joke that those people who already invest in a season ticket from miles away, are expected to go to the club shop in person to get any benefits.

I asked them last week....not yet was the answer.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

What is the latest position with David Lloyd's replacement?

Season under way and no visible SLO in place - in addition push for them to have interaction within the Q&A section with Mark Kelly?

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Our Club and Supporter Liaison is Rachel Lemar. She is there to answer any questions you may have about any aspect of the way in which the club is run. If she can't answer your question directly, she will refer it to the appropriate member of staff. You can contact her via e-mail at rachel.lemar@bristol-sport.co.uk, by phone on 0117 963 0600. 

Alternatively you can write to Rachel at Ashton Gate Stadium, Ashton Road, Bristol BS3 2EJ. 

She will aim to respond to any enquiry within five working days. If she is not able to provide an immediate response, she will aim to have dealt with the issue within 21 working days. 
If you are still not happy with the response you receive, please refer to our Complaints Procedure. 

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/fans/customercharter/index.aspx

7 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Rachel Lemar is a Bristol Sport employee.

What qualities and experience does she bring to the role of Supporter Liaison? Is she a life long fan of BCFC? Is this a permanent or interim role?

Why would she need to be a life long BCFC fan to do her job ?

ScreenShot_20160831103832.png

ScreenShot_20160831103854.png

• Admin
1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Our Club and Supporter Liaison is Rachel Lemar. She is there to answer any questions you may have about any aspect of the way in which the club is run. If she can't answer your question directly, she will refer it to the appropriate member of staff. You can contact her via e-mail at rachel.lemar@bristol-sport.co.uk, by phone on 0117 963 0600. 

Alternatively you can write to Rachel at Ashton Gate Stadium, Ashton Road, Bristol BS3 2EJ. 

She will aim to respond to any enquiry within five working days. If she is not able to provide an immediate response, she will aim to have dealt with the issue within 21 working days. 
If you are still not happy with the response you receive, please refer to our Complaints Procedure. 

Was this ever announced?

More under the carpet than Amy Kington leaving !

On 29 August 2016 at 10:15, 54-46 said:

When will the West Stand be fully operational and what's caused the delay

Also although not the end of the world , is anyone going to do anything about the 'pink' roof on the dolman, it looks awful especially from a distance, I know a lot of fans who can't understand why we can't give it a coat of white paint !

Anybody remember when Ashton Gate was just about watching football and you had hardly any facilities at all other than a couple of piss smelling toilet blocks, pies that burnt the roof off your mouth every time and a club shop with hardly any choice and the whole ground looked a bit of a shit hole ?

Nobody complained though - #justsaying 

Piss smelling toilet blocks?  Luxury if they only smelt.  Where were you?

I remember an ever increasing lake in the Covered End bogs, made it so much easier to have a piss!

There wasn't a forum to complain on, just your City mates down the pub and at work - but we were more concerned about the team, heading for promotion to the First Division or plummeting down the league.

I do remember a fuss about the decision to charge full price for the tickets for the replayed game against Leeds though, crowds never seemed so high after that, but maybe that is the effect of alcohol over the years.  I am sure some statto (or nerd as we used to call them) will come and prove me wrong.

1 minute ago, Drew Peacock said:

Piss smelling toilet blocks?  Luxury if they only smelt.  Where were you?

I remember an ever increasing lake in the Covered End bogs, made it so much easier to have a piss!

There wasn't a forum to complain on, just your City mates down the pub and at work - but we were more concerned about the team, heading for promotion to the First Division or plummeting down the league.

I do remember a fuss about the decision to charge full price for the tickets for the replayed game against Leeds though, crowds never seemed so high after that, but maybe that is the effect of alcohol over the years.  I am sure some statto (or nerd as we used to call them) will come and prove me wrong.

Remember the vast hole in the old tin roof of the EE just right of centre looking at the pitch? It was like a waterfall coming down when it rained heavily.

22 minutes ago, Neo said:

Anybody remember when Ashton Gate was just about watching football and you had hardly any facilities at all other than a couple of piss smelling toilet blocks, pies that burnt the roof off your mouth every time and a club shop with hardly any choice and the whole ground looked a bit of a shit hole ?

I remember, I also remember the ground as it was before the Dolman; now sadly every side of the Gate has been replaced and the floodlights and pitch (many times) can we have it all back please? I DONT LIKE THE NEW GROUND :o

48 minutes ago, Neo said:

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

57 minutes ago, Neo said:

Couldn't agree more !! Well said that man!!

On 31/08/2016 at 09:48, View from the Dolman said:

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Sounds very corporate.

Would much rathervhave someone who says my season ticket is in xx and you can find me up the lions before or after a game. 

Nobody complained. Mmmmm with the exception of when we were in division one people just didn't show up. We have had over 20k for a divvy two fixture twice this season I remember standing in 7-12k regularly in the 70s for second division games. People voted with their feet or complained to Beryl bless her!

i love a bit of nostalgia but I was there. The older you get the more we loved getting wet and having no facilities. Problem is those of us going were going anyway.. 

Yes people complained Neo. In the case of a similar topic noted in the SC&T post what passed for City's club shop the staff were so offended by BCFC's intent they said they would not sell the offending items. Beryl rip.

Fans complained about the dubious use of ground improvement grants.

Fans complained about Russell Osman his team, his tactics, his hair. walked out at Portsmouth at 0-0, not that many had gone anyway.

Fans didn't opine on the internet. They let the board and team know it. Benign pacifists the kids of the sixties and earlier were not.

8 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Nobody complained. Mmmmm with the exception of when we were in division one people just didn't show up. We have had over 20k for a divvy two fixture twice this season I remember standing in 7-12k regularly in the 70s for second division games. People voted with their feet or complained to Beryl bless her!

i love a bit of nostalgia but I was there. The older you get the more we loved getting wet and having no facilities. Problem is those of us going were going anyway.. 

Average attendances during the 70s:

1980: 18932

1979: 22360

1978: 23357

1977: 23522

1976: 16204

1975: 14061

1974: 14058

1973: 12892

1972: 15225

1971: 14165

1970: 16270

12 hours ago, REDOXO said:

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Average attendances during the 70s:

1980: 18932

1979: 22360

1978: 23357

1977: 23522

1976: 16204

1975: 14061

1974: 14058

1973: 12892

1972: 15225

1971: 14165

1970: 16270

I appreciated you looking up the figures and I looked at the site I think you got the info from. 

So lets discount some stuff and add some context as statistics often need it.

The original post excluded Division 1. We were promoted 75/76 season. 

The stats appear to use figures that are a different colour when there was a cup run?

In 1971 we reached the semi final of the League Cup with a capacity home tie against Spurs and other match's leading up to that, thus it is highly arguable the average figure is skewed, remember capacity was much higher well into the 30,000s. In 1974 we had an FA CUP run with two capacity games Leeds/Liverpool both noted in black on the website (as I say I think you used) again skewing figures.

Attendances increased toward the end of the season when we were either in a dog fight against relegation also Circa 1971 or when we were chasing promotion circa 74/75 75/76 and these obviously add to the average attendance figure. However there were plenty cold/wet November nights (how many were at the Hull game when Ray Cashley scored, not that many...That was a hell of a night) and Saturday afternoons in December leading up to Christmas  in those seasons where those of us that were going anyway (note comment on original post) went anyway....And yes on those occasions those figures could go very low.

If we had the facilities and the ability to stand under cover does anybody seriously think that more people would not have said bugger the rain/xmas shopping etc as they will now. Particularly as you can get a pint in the ground with grub and Sky Sports etc.

I do appreciate you adding the averages as it brought back some great memories of great times, but I was there as others were and my memory may be old but not completely gone yet. :laugh:!

Archived