IGNORED

Agenda items for FAN -Thursday 1st September

Dollymarie

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 13:16, REDOXO said:

I appreciated you looking up the figures and I looked at the site I think you got the info from. 

So lets discount some stuff and add some context as statistics often need it.

The original post excluded Division 1. We were promoted 75/76 season. 

The stats appear to use figures that are a different colour when there was a cup run?

In 1971 we reached the semi final of the League Cup with a capacity home tie against Spurs and other match's leading up to that, thus it is highly arguable the average figure is skewed, remember capacity was much higher well into the 30,000s. In 1974 we had an FA CUP run with two capacity games Leeds/Liverpool both noted in black on the website (as I say I think you used) again skewing figures.

Attendances increased toward the end of the season when we were either in a dog fight against relegation also Circa 1971 or when we were chasing promotion circa 74/75 75/76 and these obviously add to the average attendance figure. However there were plenty cold/wet November nights (how many were at the Hull game when Ray Cashley scored, not that many...That was a hell of a night) and Saturday afternoons in December leading up to Christmas  in those seasons where those of us that were going anyway (note comment on original post) went anyway....And yes on those occasions those figures could go very low.

If we had the facilities and the ability to stand under cover does anybody seriously think that more people would not have said bugger the rain/xmas shopping etc as they will now. Particularly as you can get a pint in the ground with grub and Sky Sports etc.

I do appreciate you adding the averages as it brought back some great memories of great times, but I was there as others were and my memory may be old but not completely gone yet. :laugh:!

Hull match 1973, torrential rain, high winds, virtually no one on the open end. Crowd 10,711 the only City crowd I know off by heart, god knows why. It never did come up at a pub quiz...

The minutes were done, checked by Chairman Jeremy over the weekend and sent to Andrew Billingham and Adam Baker just after 9am this morning.
I think the 48 hours would not normally include the weekend.
I have a reply from Adam on several issues - he is awaiting a response from Andrew re: the minutes.

Message back from Mike :) 

On 8/31/2016 at 11:28, phantom said:

Bristol City have CLEARLY not been doing this correctly for a number of years ! ! http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/84/35/28/1843528_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Taken from page 27. Looking forward to saying hello

On non-matchdays the SLO should attempt to:

• participate in discussions on supporter websites (message boards, etc.) and make use of social media offerings to promote a positive supporter culture;

On 30/08/2016 at 21:02, Davefevs said:

To clarify, this season the new electronic hoardings seems to stop our lovely ball boys from doing their job.  It's not the ball boys doing my head in.  Apologies to any ball boys offended.

My son has been a ball boy on and off for a few years now but the situation at the Villa game was ridiculous, none of them were allowed over the electronic hoardings and there were no gaps to squeeze between. So on the pitch the players had to get the ball themselves and off the pitch 99% of the time a fan or steward got the ball before the ball boy.

Add in the fact he had to sit behind the hoarding, which is too high for him to then see over, and he now doesn't want to do it any more.

9 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Why was there no liaison with fans for this seasons kit?

ABr answered that points made by supporters in previous seasons had been taken into account.

Did masses in seasons past march down the Portway demanding red shorts #'s and a red crest?

You must have missed the 'we want gold and blue' March. 

It was great, it started at half three on a Saturday afternoon, this meant there was time for Villa fans to get tanked up and not go to the game but to use a few different pubs.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

So virtually none of the suggestions on here were discussed.  What's the point of asking for our views?

Was just going to write the same thing, it seems pretty pointless to have any reps / people asking for questions etc on here  as yet ANOTHER meeting goes by without anything being raised??

What is the point of reps giving up their time if they are not able to have any input

One other point that caught my eye, "A number of Villa supporters within the home area were instructed to remove their colours" - so they were not asked to move / leave just to take off their colours ? That is really unbelievable! .

FAN Elections and Membership
That FAN is an elected body was considered and it was agreed to hold elections at the end of the season.  Current officers would continue until then.  MA would present a membership report at the next meeting.  We would reach out to supporters in order to make the election process as successful as possible. 

Is there really enough demand for it to require elections? And even if there were elections, it'll just be a popularity contest with who have the most mates that support the club and who are most active online.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Was just going to write the same thing, it seems pretty pointless to have any reps / people asking for questions etc on here  as yet ANOTHER meeting goes by without anything being raised??

What is the point of reps giving up their time if they are not able to have any input

One other point that caught my eye, "A number of Villa supporters within the home area were instructed to remove their colours" - so they were not asked to move / leave just to take off their colours ? That is really unbelievable! .

Depends if they are at these meetings and the club dictate the discussion or if they read the proposed suggestions that people would like raised and decide that they'd rather use their own questions instead.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I find the whole thing a bit bizarre and a sop to the supporters.  The club is heading down a very commercial route and for me this is typified by the ball boys.  They HAVE to stay behind the advertisements and not interrupt our (or the highlight's camera!) view of them.  The game gets slowed down as the players have to go and retrieve the ball.  This is so frustrating, if we are chasing the game we want the ball back in play asap and if the opposition want to slow it down they will take an inordinate time to retrieve it.  All because the ball boys can't step in front of the adverts.  Madness.

Can't help that they have 25 people at these meetings. You'll never get resolution on anything with a cast that big.

Are all of the elected FAN representatives responsible for one 'bit' or are they just a general cross section of supporters?

Few things I'd expect to see in the minutes, for example the club saying goes the shirt is in response to fan feedback. What feedback? How was it collected and who coordinated it? The answer given is a 'nothing' answer. 

Also, am I right in thinking that Rachel is the SLO? If so, what did she have to say. How is she making herself available to supporters and how is she engaging with them?

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Also, am I right in thinking that Rachel is the SLO? If so, what did she have to say. How is she making herself available to supporters and how is she engaging with them?

If true, it was never announced, and like her predecessor is breaking a UEFA directive as mentioned previously in this topic 

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't help that they have 25 people at these meetings. You'll never get resolution on anything with a cast that big.

Are all of the elected FAN representatives responsible for one 'bit' or are they just a general cross section of supporters?

Few things I'd expect to see in the minutes, for example the club saying goes the shirt is in response to fan feedback. What feedback? How was it collected and who coordinated it? The answer given is a 'nothing' answer. 

I think I'm quite up to date with 'going's on' at the club but genuinely had no idea another SLO had been appointed. 

Raises questions such as.. Who is she? Is her time divided between Bristol City, Rugby, Basketball etc?

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think I'm quite up to date with 'going's on' at the club but genuinely had no idea another SLO had been appointed. 

Raises questions such as.. Who is she? Is her time divided between Bristol City, Rugby, Basketball etc?

I could be completely wrong on the FLO thing. Hang on. I'll have a look.

Just to be clear. I don't think anyone is knocking those who attend these meetings for giving up their time and making themselves available, it's the underwhelming nature of the discussion, the lack of proposed questions and the brevity of the minutes that leave more questions than answers that are the issue. 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Not illegal and the Stewards calmed it down without starting a ruckus, don't really see the issue. Sounds like dealt with sensibly, if they did anything wrong after that I'm sure they'd have been removed.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I SAID. I. WAS. RIGHT.

First time I've been correct and NOTHING. No acknowledgement, no words of thanks. NOTHING.

At least I had no expectations when I was always wrong.

It's the knowing the matters

Archived