IGNORED

Mark Ashton interview on Radio Bristol (Merged)

Never to the dark side

11 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

From abroad is fine

Afraid it's not. UEFA were the ones who have been insisting on the end of the loan window and gave England a seasons grace before enforcing this year. 

With that in mind, it'd be bizarre if they allowed cross Europe loans where they and not the FA are the authority.

11 hours ago, Dave said:

I have no problem with the selling of Kodjia, and agree it was a great price.

i just feel we have left ourselves short of cover in the striking position. We can't sign Matt Smith this time on loan to help us out.

I 'm not sure we've left ourselves short. Think we've got players that pose a front up front, and clear that LJ will play with one up top. With Tammy we've got the real deal, although he isn't our player. We can gradually bring in the new striker (won't attempt to spell his name). That's something we didn't have the option with JK as he had to hit the ground running as we didn't really have any other viable option at the time.

My only slight concern is the lack of permanent signings we have in the striker department. I'm not sure if it's clever management by the club though. Any business we would have completed yesterday would have seen us pay a premium based on the money for JK and the lateness in the window.

Archived