IGNORED

Football this weekend : Non league day (Merged)

JamesBCFC

Is anyone going to be watching any local football to fill the hole on Saturday?

I'm thinking of heading to The Creek to watch Bristol Manor Farm play top of the league Willand. Last season Farm reached the FA Vase quarter finals and finished 3rd in their division and had one player who scored 59 goals in 54 games, and this year they have signed defenders from the side that won their division. At the moment they are 3 points behind the league leaders with a game in hand, and last week beat Melksham, who were top at the time, 3-1.

The tickets are only £6 and if you show a season ticket or train ticket for that day it is half price.

As I posted earlier this week;

Some local(ish) teams are involved in the FA Cup 1st qualifying round on September 3rd when City ain't playing, so you might want to cheer on one of these.

Taunton v Cindferford, Weymouth v Paulton Rovers, Winchester  v Street, Salisbury v Frome, Cadbury Heath v Plymouth Parkway, Portishead  v Swindon Supermarine, Brislington v Hamworthy.

1 minute ago, 22A said:

As I posted earlier this week;

Some local(ish) teams are involved in the FA Cup 1st qualifying round on September 3rd when City ain't playing, so you might want to cheer on one of these.

Taunton v Cindferford, Weymouth v Paulton Rovers, Winchester  v Street, Salisbury v Frome, Cadbury Heath v Plymouth Parkway, Portishead  v Swindon Supermarine, Brislington v Hamworthy.

I missed that thread. Manor Farm went out in the extra preliminary round against Gillingham Town of all teams!

47 minutes ago, SalisburyRed said:

Excellent game, Salisbury 2 Frome 0, proper feisty cup tie. Salisbury goalie sent off, about a dozen yellow cards, punch up on the pitch just before half time. Decent crowd of about 850, with none locked out.

And apparantly Frome had a player booked twice but not sent off.

Entertaining afternoon at Twerton Park, with Bath City running out 2-1 winners over Whitehawk which is a suburb of Brighton, or so I learned this afternoon.  Max O'Leary had a sound afternoon - couple of dodgy moments, but had no chance to stop the (excellent) Whitehawk goal.  Good to see Frankie Artus making his first league appearance of the season, having dislocated his shoulder in the pre-season friendly with City.  Atrocious weather but the football was entertaining to watch, albeit light years away from what we're used to.

16 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Entertaining afternoon at Twerton Park, with Bath City running out 2-1 winners over Whitehawk which is a suburb of Brighton, or so I learned this afternoon.  Max O'Leary had a sound afternoon - couple of dodgy moments, but had no chance to stop the (excellent) Whitehawk goal.  Good to see Frankie Artus making his first league appearance of the season, having dislocated his shoulder in the pre-season friendly with City.  Atrocious weather but the football was entertaining to watch, albeit light years away from what we're used to.

Or for the gas, two years away...

Archived