IGNORED

Massive Attack

Bristol Rob

yeah the weather looks poor but gig should be awesome. @Kid in the Riot Weren't they reporting that Banksy was more of a collective rather than just Delj? If it's true that he &/or others from the wider MA group are, indeed, "Banksy" then that really is a world class rustle! That really would be amazing. Some of his artwork on, particularly, Protection was top drawer so I wouldn't actually be too surprised if it turns out to be spot on. 

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah not looking good at all weather wise.

Interesting that the set list as MA and Young Fathers as joint headliners. Expecting some sort of collaboration which should be awesome.

Daily Mail reporting today that they reckon 3D is Banksy!

Went to see them earlier in the year when they were also advertised as 'Massive Attack and Young Fathers' but basically YF were the support act and then came on with MA for the track they did together 'Voodoo In My Blood' at the end.  Real shame it's going to be pissing it down but it's going to be a great day nevertheless. 

1 hour ago, Erithacus said:

I'm not a really big fan of MA, but I can hear the music from my own (dry, cost-free, unrestricted) home, and I'm six miles away.

:yawn::P

Can clearly hear the pulsating bassline and sweet melody of Safe From Harm drifting across my house two miles away, right now. I had thought of going to this show, a little sorry i didn't, though I doubt it would have bettered Queen Square 2003.

9 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Can clearly hear the pulsating bassline and sweet melody of Safe From Harm drifting across my house two miles away, right now. I had thought of going to this show, a little sorry i didn't, though I doubt it would have bettered Queen Square 2003.

2003 was something else after waiting many many years for them to play at home.  Surprised Queens Sq not been used as venue since 

52 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Last night was ace. That's the hattrick for me. Anson Rooms. Queens Square. Downs. 

Im still wet, mind. 

I think I have trench foot.

I also went to one of the Anson Room shows in the late 90s - what a contrast seeing them last night. It was great seeing them in a small venue all those years ago but I thought they were fantastic on the big stage - certainly one of the best visual displays I've ever seen at a gig (the text that they had running along the screen was really thought provoking).  I also went to the Hyde Park show earlier in summer but thought last night was loads better - so much more atmosphere and passion from the crowd (despite the apocalyptic weather).

Even the hour long queue for the bar didn't seem so bad as the line went right across the back of the arena so managed to watch the whole of Primal Scream's set while waiting. Special mention to the Savages - such a good live band. 

Anyone notice the "Jonathan Kodjia moves from Bristol City to Aston Villa for record £15 million" text flash up during I think Safe From Harm?

Pretty clear what 3D thinks of the sums of money in football these days (not that we didn't know already I suppose).

Disappointing Tricky only appeared for one song and that that one song wasn't from Blue Lines. 3D's delivery was a bit sloppy on the song too.

How good is Horace tho? Legend.

I went last night thought MA were fantastic Primal Scream and the Savages were as well and even the rapper geezer wasn't bad although not really my thing, great atmosphere though considering the absolutely horrendous weather don't think I've ever been so wet at an outdoor gig including several Glastonburys. I did think that as you couldn't take drink in nearly £18 for 4 cans of cider was a bit naughty.

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Anyone notice the "Jonathan Kodjia moves from Bristol City to Aston Villa for record £15 million" text flash up during I think Safe From Harm?

Pretty clear what 3D thinks of the sums of money in football these days (not that we didn't know already I suppose).

Disappointing Tricky only appeared for one song and that that one song wasn't from Blue Lines. 3D's delivery was a bit sloppy on the song too.

@Kid in the Riot you know it. Me and er indoors pissed ourselves at the Kodjia thing, if only I could've taken a photo to show everyone! Delj is a proper city fan, as you'd expect, and still gets down AG. 

18 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

A hedgehog was performing ?

22 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Also spotted the Done Deal/Kodjia message.

Archived