IGNORED

The local Council and a new ground

22A

1 minute ago, 22A said:

No, not City, but Brentford.

Just seen on SSN, their local Council made a Compulsory Purchase Order to acquire the land so that Brentford FC can build their new stadium.

Presumably without any NIMBY interference.

Spoke to a couple of Brentford lads in the pub last season,  they said the land has been available for 3 years but the club never had the money .

Bristol city council hasnt got the resources to do that. They are too busy paying their useless chief exec 200k to do one after she did a horrendous job for just 3 years. Whilst at the same time telling the people that actually do the work at the lowest levels of the organisation that 1000 jobs have to go as they have to make massive savings. 

Not to mention the farcical bus rapid transit scheme.

Yes, the fight has been going on for years. I was chatting to a paramedic before the game there last year and he was telling me all about it and was very interested in our development and how we had swerved from Ashton Vale. Brentford was in dire need of development though. But loved a bit of terracing all the same.

13 hours ago, 22A said:

No, not City, but Brentford.

Just seen on SSN, their local Council made a Compulsory Purchase Order to acquire the land so that Brentford FC can build their new stadium.

Presumably without any NIMBY interference.

I remember, I think, from an article about two years ago, that the land is former railway land alongside Lionel Road South.

It's a few hundred yards from Griffin Park and a triangular derelict plot bounded by railway lines and also very close to the elevated section of M4 just before the junction with North/South Circulars. From looking at Google, it would appear not to have any houses on it, just old industrial buildings.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.490863,-0.2885709,272m/data=!3m1!1e3!5m1!1e1

For a whole variety of reasons, some political, some financial, Bristol City council has never been at all interested in professional sport in the city.

Witness the farce over Gloucestershire's floodlights and the Memorial Ground (it really isn't a "stadium") sale.

Luckily for us we have a Bristolian benefactor who genuinely is.

Imagine if we were owned by some Jordanian bullshitter who seemingly can't afford to buy even one player for a transfer fee?

4 hours ago, beaverface said:

Could the same be applied to the houses behind the Atyeo and if so, does compulsory purchasing advocate market prices for houses, or maybe just above market prices so that people don't hold the club to ransom? 

The Club used to own all that rank of houses apparently. What a shame. Those were the days my friend ............................

21 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Bristol city council hasnt got the resources to do that. They are too busy paying their useless chief exec 200k to do one after she did a horrendous job for just 3 years. Whilst at the same time telling the people that actually do the work at the lowest levels of the organisation that 1000 jobs have to go as they have to make massive savings. 

Not to mention the farcical bus rapid transit scheme.

And, if I understand correctly, having received a similar payoff from Hull for doing a similar job!

49 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

And, if I understand correctly, having received a similar payoff from Hull for doing a similar job!

She got even more from hull. About 240k. She has zero charisma and only such a complete berk as george ferguson could of appointed her to such a position. 

11 hours ago, beaverface said:

Could the same be applied to the houses behind the Atyeo and if so, does compulsory purchasing advocate market prices for houses, or maybe just above market prices so that people don't hold the club to ransom? 

Liverpool have been buying up houses in several streets around Anfield for a good few years now preparing for redevelopment...there are those that have dug their heels in and been accused of holding ransom..been a bit of a battle from what I have read.

• Admin
15 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

So she's received £440k for being shit at two of her jobs? 

This is a role that Emmanuel Adebayor could be interested in. 

Don't be ludicrous! Adebayor wouldn't even answer the phone regarding such a lowly paid opportunity as that!

Other side of the coin (and London) from Brentford; Millwall's Chairman stated "It feels like we've dropped two divisions". The reason? Their local Council has slapped a CPO on land around the Den as the Council have plans for that land other than football.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Worked up there for a month and it was certainly `interesting`. I also had the pleasure on occasion of the odd day in Tooting!

Commuting from the City it's the only time I've heard the conductor of the train announce that there was a civil disturbance and therefore alighting at this station is not recommended. To be fair he was right as there were a few cars alight in the high street.

33 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Commuting from the City it's the only time I've heard the conductor of the train announce that there was a civil disturbance and therefore alighting at this station is not recommended. To be fair he was right as there were a few cars alight in the high street.

Bet you got a great view from the DLR too!

In the words of Iggy Pop places like that certainly are `the city`s ripped backside`!

On 2 September 2016 at 20:46, Robert the bruce said:

Liverpool have been buying up houses in several streets around Anfield for a good few years now preparing for redevelopment...there are those that have dug their heels in and been accused of holding ransom..been a bit of a battle from what I have read.

Evertonians ?

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I love stories like this about London - if you see it on TV you would get the impression that it was like living in a Disney fantasy, there seems to be about 5 miles square that's quit nice and the rest of it is an absolute hole.

It's a horrible experience.  I'd imagine if you were on Lansdowns level it might be OK in Highgate/Kensington/blackheath but the dream of moving to the City is BS, all money goes on travel and mortgage.

Joint salary between me and the gf of quite a bit more than average went nowhere.

Archived