IGNORED

Without Kodj, will we score more goals than last season?

Jack Dawe

5 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Or not as many? Last year we managed 54. JK got 19 of them, meaning the others scored 35 between them (trust me, I just did the "math.")

54 then. Higher, or lower? I'm going higher.

I trust that you accounted for own goals.

I'm going higher.

Yep, I feel we've got goals throughout the side now. Midfield, even Defence with Magnusson and Flint, should be contributing. Assuming we play 1 striker, there's more expectation on the like of Bryan, Tomlin, O'Dowda, Freeman :shutup:, Paterson etc to score.

When Smith is back, alongside O'Neil, I think Johnson will want him to maraude forward more from midfield so he could chip in.

I am more hopeful of goals and more expansive football this season. We should comfortably get more than 54.

After 5 games last season we'd scored 6 and conceded 10.

Now, after 5 games we have scored 7 and conceded 5.

So, on this very solid basis I am going to say we will score 16.6% more goals than last year and concede only half of what we conceded.

This gives a projected final tally of 63 goals scored and 36 conceded. That is roughly what Hull (69, 35) and Boro (63, 31) got last year.

Science.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

So, on this very solid basis I am going to say we will score 16.6% more goals than last year and concede only half of what we conceded.

This gives a projected final tally of 63 goals scored and 36 conceded. That is roughly what Hull (69, 35) and Boro (63, 31) got last year.

Science.

Maths?

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Science.

Lies, Damn Lies..... and scientifically calculated statistics that absolutely prove beyond doubt that we will be in the play offs.:fingerscrossed:

What could possibly go wrong?

I'd say higher as well though I'll say 54 was inflated a bit towards the end of the year. Scored 10 against Bolton and Huddersfield in two home games. I know they all count but scoring was a huge problem last year and I think we've solved it. I'll give a count now to what I roughly think just because I'm bored and I can.

Tammy- 15

Engvall- 7

Wilbs- 4

Tomlin- 8

Reid- 3

Bryan- 3

Freeman- 1(winner to get us playoff spot)

Paterson- 5

COD- 2

Pack- 0

Smith- 0

GON- 1

Brownhill- 1

Golbourne- 1

Matthews- 2

Little- 0

Flint- 4

Magnusson- 3

Moore- 0

That makes 60 or 1.3 per game. Hopefully I estimated a bit low because it seems like less than I had in my mind. Though if we can keep our current rate of conceding up, we have a +14 GD. That should place us nicely in the upper mid table(10th). 

• Admin

Well Tammy alone is targeting over 30 goals and I'm sure Tomlin has said he will be disappointed if he doesn't get 10 in a full season so that's at least 40. Get the other 20 players to chip in the same between them and we will be celebrating a very good season in May! :yahoo:

5 hours ago, Kermit the Frog said:

If freeman scores will LJ be baring his arse in Burtons window? Either way, I say higher. The team is much stronger

I don't think Nigel Clough would appreciate that, and it's a bit of an unnecessary journey, seeing we've played them away.:whistle:

Archived