IGNORED

Egg chasing - twickers more than half empty

TrowVegasCidered

7 minutes ago, I am the mole said:

Losing Hensen was a blow so good in defence and it seem we fell to pieces when mosses came on he was fairly anonymous!

que all the "this is a football forum morons"

This is a football forum.

Now does that put me at the front or the back of the queue!

Or maybe I'm getting the wrong end of the stick! Or is it cue?

;)

20 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Is the step up as noticeable as from the Championship to the Prem in football or is the gap a bit closer?

Not sure, however I did think that watching that today reminded me of City at the start of last season, competitive and committed but errors which you might get away with in the league below being punished at the higher level.

Bristol put a bit of a marker down today. I think most fans are pleased, despite the final result, that we pushed Quins all the way. After the last few seasons where the tactics were 'screw defending, if you score 5 we'll score six' it was great to see Bris look a cohesive unit across the pitch. It looks like we should be fine this year.

The atmosphere lifted for the Bris game and we were by far more vocal than the other three teams.

5 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

London clubs are soulless and have no history as well as small home grounds, Twickers suit the prawn sarnie brigade down to the ground. Majority there for a day out. Hopefully there will be a few Bristol fans there by 4.30 to go through their repertoire of songs, Bristol, Bristol, Bristol ................................... What is singular for repertoire?

Repertoire.

Great atmosphere, too many silly mistakes but we'll learn.

The Premiership is better for Bristol being there. The noise we created, brilliant when they were interviewing the quins player at the end and all you could here over the speakers were Bristol fans.

Previous post went wrong.

Basically I would say we performEd a lot better than expected today... but we are making mistakes in crucial errors... some as last year. Not getting the points from strong positions...and we didn't force errors

Negative out of the way... 

Positive... we look like we can compete in this division and the team looks solid. We will probably get a few hidings but that was a lot better than expected today. We looked quicker and faster than I thought we would compared to international talent and didn't look out of place.

I only watched the game on tv but we certainly didn't disgrace ourselves, and maybe won a few friends. We were a bit naive and Quins' experience helped them over the line, aided by a Ref who wasn't consistent, or at least the benefit of the  doubt not falling in our favour. 

I don't think we benefitted by having our first game after promotion played at such a venue, maybe the nerves weren't helped.

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is it just me that detests the "come on Bris'" thing..?

I fcuking hate it! 

Is it really necessary to abbreviate "Bristol"? I thought the egg chasers were supposed to the the more intelligent species..! 

Not just you. 

Bris is short for Brislington. 

Shortening Bristol to Bris sounds like something a toffee nosed rugger fan would come up with, probably whilst wearing a jumper tied round his shoulders. And wearing deck shoes. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Not just you. 

Bris is short for Brislington. 

Shortening Bristol to Bris sounds like something a toffee nosed rugger fan would come up with, probably whilst wearing a jumper tied round his shoulders. And wearing deck shoes. 

Hmmmm, this remark smacks of someone who's never watched Bristol live, so is in fact very ignorant. As someone who's very passionate about both clubs, City being my first love of course, I find the chip on the shoulder of some of our fans have about Rugby extremely embarrassing. Bristol supporters are good ordinary Bristolians, like the majority of City fans.

3 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Hmmmm, this remark smacks of someone who's never watched Bristol live, so is in fact very ignorant. As someone who's very passionate about both clubs, City being my first love of course, I find the chip on the shoulder of some of our fans have about Rugby extremely embarrassing. Bristol supporters are good ordinary Bristolians, like the majority of City fans.

I'm sure they are, except for the one that came up with "c'mon Bris" 

7 hours ago, 22A said:

After the first 20 minutes, 70% possession, and 82% of the play in Quins' half. Now Bris have taken the lead.

Bristol. For **** sake. 

Just because the game is stupid, there is no need to adopt the moronic references. 

6 hours ago, ashtonphil said:

47,000 fans that's impressive 

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, so it has probably been covered, but if getting to the premier league meant your first game was at Wembley (not actually a bad idea for the champions, IMO) 

We'd have beaten that figure on our own, I think. 

Archived