IGNORED

A year ago today, Bucksred sadly left us.

Dollymarie

Thought I'd do a post as it's the first anniversary of @bucksred's sudden death. Still miss him about this place, and miss sitting next to him at games. Often can't believe he is actually gone.

I know Sharon (Mrs Bucks) reads the forum from time to time, she's recently moved up to Scotland to be nearer her family, so won't be coming to games as regularly. Decided I'd post this in case any others want to leave any thoughts about Bucks.

Miss ya mate :( 

image.jpeg

25 years ago yesterday that my Dad died. Our times stood in the Open End together were some of the happiest times of my life, I cannot thank him enough for giving in to my pestering to take me down the Gate, despite him being a Tottenham fan and having no interest in City at all

RIP Dad & Bucks

I never did meet Bucks in person, but can call him a Chatroom mate. We always intended meeting up before a match but for various reasons it just didn't happen. I guess we thought we had all the time in the world. Greatly missed. 

@WoodsyIt would have been my Dad's birthday today, gone 7 years but days like today open up old wounds. 

RIP Dad & Bucks

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Thought I'd do a post as it's the first anniversary of @bucksred's sudden death. Still miss him about this place, and miss sitting next to him at games. Often can't believe he is actually gone.

I know Sharon (Mrs Bucks) reads the forum from time to time, she's recently moved up to Scotland to be nearer her family, so won't be coming to games as regularly. Decided I'd post this in case any others want to leave any thoughts about Bucks.

Miss ya mate :( 

image.jpeg

I enjoyed Bucks company, we used to have a good little group that we always seemed find each other in the old eastend and we all had similar views on players and the club. I hope Sharon is living her life the way I am sure he would have wanted her too.

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I enjoyed Bucks company, we used to have a good little group that we always seemed find each other in the old eastend and we all had similar views on players and the club. I hope Sharon is living her life the way I am sure he would have wanted her too.

She is. She's taking little bits of him all over the world to his favourite places slowly, which she knows he would have liked. Proud to say as well that we managed to get a bit of him covertly under the new Lansdown Stand last season when it was still a construction site. If you look where the green gazebo is on a match day, he's roughly about there. :) 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

She is. She's taking little bits of him all over the world to his favourite places slowly, which she knows he would have liked. Proud to say as well that we managed to get a bit of him covertly under the new Lansdown Stand last season when it was still a construction site. If you look where the green gazebo is on a match day, he's roughly about there. :) 

That's lovely :)

26 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I'm loving that !

31 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Hopefully we'll have no need of it just yet, but I've left strict instructions that when my time is up then there needs to be a little bit of me sprinkled at the Gate and a few other places

I like it that Mrs Bucks is taking him with her

5 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

I had the pleasure of meeting Bucks a few times and listen to his stories. What a lovely bloke.

R.I.P Bucks, always remembered.

Same here never had the pleasure of meeting bucks but sound like he was a true red 

R.I.P 

god bless his family 

Chatroom (no offence to anyone who uses it, but I'm sure they'd agree) hasn't been the same on a match day since he left us. 

I do chuckle at the fact though, he'd have had a right meltdown on here when LJ was appointed. He'd be eating his words in recent weeks though. 

Am gutted he never got to see the stadium finished. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Chatroom (no offence to anyone who uses it, but I'm sure they'd agree) hasn't been the same on a match day since he left us. 

I do chuckle at the fact though, he'd have had a right meltdown on here when LJ was appointed. He'd be eating his words in recent weeks though. 

He's got a far better view of it now :yes:

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Funnily enough when we chatted at the ground I would constantly defend LJ and he rarely, if ever, argued with me. As soon as he hit this forum though he would let loose and we would end up on opposite sides of a heated discussion. I remember him just laughing about it when I said this to him at the ground once, he just said I made more sense in real life :) .

Archived