IGNORED

Record Season Tickets

Vincent Vega

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And SL is disappointed with season ticket sales for the rugby.

About 5000 of those sold.

I'm shocked by that figure! 

5k in the Premiership is not very good at all, although to the Egg chasers traditionally sell season tickets in the volumes that football does? 

3 minutes ago, Super said:

No problem getting a ticket for the Bath game then!

STH and members are guaranteed a ticket I would imagine.  There is no way the combined total of rugby STH, football STH and members will exceed 27k.  Not sure what the rules are on opposition team allocations for rugby though (in an unsegregated way of course).

I think we can put to bed the idea, or suggestion, that Bristol is a rugby city. It's not a football city compared with other parts of the country, and there's about 27/28000 going to football this season so far, between ourselves and the "best supporters in the country."

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Didn't SL say in a radio Bristol interview last season he was aiming for 20k season ticket holders?

Yea and that is still his aim,

but as the saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day, 

much like the playing side you need to set goals a season by season increase no matter how small has to be our current aim,

if we ever get to the top flight 20k will be possible, take hull Swansea and the likes, as an example 

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Didn't SL say in a radio Bristol interview last season he was aiming for 20k season ticket holders?

That no doubt is his aim. It's not going to happen overnight. 

If we are in the top 6 at Christmas, I'd expect a couple of thousand more half season tickets to sell. 

I would think that 20k season tickets is a realistic aim for 3 years time, IF we continue progressing as we have done recently. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

You bought a season ticket to watch 3 games..? 

Why not just buy match tickets..?

Because my rugby fanatic mate reckons the tickets for those games will be in huge demand and the only certain way to see them would be buy a SC. 

I won't just go to three games either. Obviously I'll go to every home match starting on Sunday. I'm in the Lansdown Stand. Be interesting to see how AG looks from that side.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because my rugby fanatic mate reckons the tickets for those games will be in huge demand and the only certain way to see them would be buy a SC. 

I won't just go to three games either. Obviously I'll go to every home match starting on Sunday. I'm in the Lansdown Stand. Be interesting to see how AG looks from that side.

It looks superb. I was surprised how tidy the Dolman looked from the opposite side. Not out of place at all. 

13 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Or by using the priority you get as a Forever Bristol member, included as part of every Bristol City season ticket?

Doesn't really matter tho. I'll be with a bunch of guys who are all die hard Bristol Rugby fans so it should be a laugh plus of course a few pints......

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

They attracted very little in terms of quality new players and are many peoples favourites for the drop. SL is taking a big chance sticking with his Director of rugby and trusting that squad to do the business and  it seems like a fair few people are playing a waiting game to see how they fare.

Rugby can be a cruel game to watch if your side is getting dicked by 40-50 points like happened to London Welsh and its not cheap for a ST either.

I would imagine the gate on Sunday with be around 12000 though and if and when Bristol is established their gates may approach our current level.

5 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I think we can put to bed the idea, or suggestion, that Bristol is a rugby city. It's not a football city compared with other parts of the country, and there's about 27/28000 going to football this season so far, between ourselves and the "best supporters in the country."

I think there are very few towns that can genuinely claim to prefer rugby over football and Bristol certainly isn't one of them. Gloucester and Bath obviously, Wigan, Warrington and a few others up north - but then if they had equivalent top-division football teams would that still be the case?

As for Wales being a rugby nation, look at the attendances at Cardiff and Swansea football teams compared to their rugby equivalents. A myth.

Even here in Melbourne attendances at football far outstrips the rugby

Melbourne Victory in the A League average crowds of around 25,000, whilst Melbourne Storm in the NRL average about 15,000

Mind you Aussie rules football beats them both, with Collingwood for example averaging around 45,000.

Queensland and NSW residents seem to prefer to watch Rugby though. But then they're a bit backward in those states.

7 hours ago, Be ashamed said:

Even here in Melbourne attendances at football far outstrips the rugby

Melbourne Victory in the A League average crowds of around 25,000, whilst Melbourne Storm in the NRL average about 15,000

Mind you Aussie rules football beats them both, with Collingwood for example averaging around 45,000.

Queensland and NSW residents seem to prefer to watch Rugby though. But then they're a bit backward in those states.

Never understood the appeal of Aussie rules football. 

Not sure if that's because I've not got a clue what's going on or if it's because the players look like they're running around in kit that reminds me of the kind of tat you used to have to wear when you forgot your PE kit at school.

Archived