IGNORED

PC Question

Markman

For some unknown reason my PC has started making sound effects - not all the time but if I click to switch off the PC is is like water down a drain - or sometimes other commands make a "squeak" - not sure what I have done - all seems to be working but is this some sort of virus - anyone know?

33 minutes ago, Markman said:

For some unknown reason my PC has started making sound effects - not all the time but if I click to switch off the PC is is like water down a drain - or sometimes other commands make a "squeak" - not sure what I have done - all seems to be working but is this some sort of virus - anyone know?

Ah Yes, I know the problem

On 9/7/2016 at 18:43, Markman said:

Probably the power supply, they usually make a high pitch squeal when starting to go faulty

• Admin

Try this @Markman

Disable or change individual sounds

Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10 users

1. Open the Control Panel.
  2. In the Control Panel, click or Hardware and Sound.
  3. Click Sound.
  4. In the Sound window click the Sounds tab.
  5. In the Program Events section, find the sound you want to disable or change. Then, in the drop-down list in the Sounds section, select (None) if you want to disable the sound or select a different sound file if you want to change the sound.
  6. Click OK and Save or Yes if prompted or to save the settings for the currently selected Sound Scheme.

Windows XP and earlier

1. Open the Control Panel.
  2. In the Control Panel, click or double-click the Sound icon.
  3. In the Sound settings window, click on the Sounds tab.
  4. In the Program Events section, find the sound you want to disable or change. Then, in the drop-down list in the Sounds section, select (None) if you want to disable the sound or select a different sound file if you want to change the sound.
  5. Click OK and Save or Yes if prompted or to save the settings for the currently selected Sound Scheme.

Archived