IGNORED

Mark Ashton explains it all (Merged)

Nuno Gomes

3 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

Interesting article. I hope though he hasn't burnt bridges by being so frank. 

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2945800/chelsea-have-list-of-english-clubs-the-club-would-not-do-business-with

Think he'll be fine, didn't say anything that you couldn't guess anyway.  Wouldn't be surprised if the comments were passed by Chelsea anyway, I imagine it's the message they want to send too.

Interesting read, thanks for the link.

I think what this shows is firstly, how good MA is when it comes to talking the talk - if there were any doubts after this transfer window!! Secondly Chelsea must have been very impressed not only with Ashton and Johnson, but the club itself as a whole. For them and Conte to agree to let one of their brighter young talents come on loan to us, shows exactly how far we've come in recent years. It's pretty common knowledge that LJ is held in high regard with quite a lot (it would seem) of different clubs/organisations. Others have said it before, but this is a really exciting time to be involved with the club, whether it be as a supporter, player or member of staff. We finally look to be going places, although that will only be proved by having success on the pitch.

At the end of the day Chelsea hold all the cards. If Tammy does well, he's gotten a season at a competitive level of football. If he doesn't play enough games, they recall him and we "go on the list". The interesting thing will be if he does really well this season for us, can't get a guarantee of game time at Chelsea next season, and asks for a move. You would hope if that were the case, then we'd be in a good position to sign him. With a good season with us behind him, if others were to come sniffing around (as will probably be likely), then we need to do as much as possible to make him believe that this is the right club for him ahead of a Southampton, Newcastle or Leicester.

Who knows, if the loan goes really well and Hazard needs game time after an injury, we might be in with a chance at some point :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They have a list of clubs that they won't do business with, but loaned 2 players to Rovers. 

I suspect that their selection criteria isn't very detailed..! 

Obviously a punishment for those two. Regularly turning up late for training I reckon!

1 minute ago, BCFCFreeman said:

'Looks like your not on the list so we can do business with you, God knows what team this is scribbled out next to Todd Kane's name though'

We didn't do anything wrong with Todd Kane. 

It was Chelsea who messed is about with him. 

We should send Tammy back and refuse to take anymore of their players. That'll teach them..!

Potential knock on effects as well, other premier league teams see the likes of Chelsea happy to send players on loan to us as we do well by them could see other big teams happy to send players here. Man U and Frazier Campbell in 07/08 sticks to mind about an occasion where it seemed pretty clear they didn't want us to be his destination. 

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

It's exactly the approach we should be taking with Premier League teams. if Abraham does well, stays reasonably injury free, and ends up doing well next season I can see Chelsea wanting to do more business with us.

Not only that....but if he really does well and progresses, it may show over Premier Leagup clubs what we can do to 

Kind of disappointing to read that in one way, I mean if it was that hard to get him on loan and Conte liking him a lot, I can't see them letting us take him on permanently so I guess it'll just be one season before we need to find another striker.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Kind of disappointing to read that in one way, I mean if it was that hard to get him on loan and Conte liking him a lot, I can't see them letting us take him on permanently so I guess it'll just be one season before we need to find another striker.

I don't think we see him a realistic permanent transfer, every chance he may get loaned out again next season though but depends whether Chelsea want to try him at a higher level.

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

we have no chance of signing him, unless we part with about 20 million

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

Surely nobody expected us to have a chance of a permanent deal with him anyway. Everybody knows how highly thought of he is at Chelsea. 

Our only hope of keeping him longer term (another season) will be to go up and be the lower Prem club that they will want him on loan at next season. 

Says it all about why he was appointed and how we've done the best summer business of any club in the Championship.

"Had we tried to sign the players we brought in during the early and middle parts of the window towards the end, they would have been far more difficult deals to do and far more expensive. We felt prices were going to escalate, they did and a lot of clubs got caught. We bought at good prices, sold expensively and, financially, are in pretty good shape."

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

They have a list of clubs that they won't do business with, but loaned 2 players to Rovers. 

I suspect that their selection criteria isn't very detailed..! 

More likely they have never lent them any players before therefore they haven't made it to the list. lets see what happens after these two have had some time there.

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

It has been refreshing to hear so much of what goes on behind the scenes at the club. So much information about how much weve made on players, how much we've spent. How we've got deals done, why we sold players, honest assessments on players good and bad points, things they've done wrong, training methods, and all sorts. However I think it is only a matter of time before they say too much. And i wonder if saying about Chelsea having a list of clubs they won't loan players to might be the kind of information Chelsea don't really want Ashton to be telling everyone. Hopefully they don't mind because if we can get any young players on a regular basis then there are no better youngsters than Chelsea's.

MA only repeated Chelsea's point of view?  I'm sure the clubs that annoyed Chelsea are well aware. MA would have scripted that with Chelsea, or at least the outline.

Chelsea would have also wanted that statement out to other clubs.

1 hour ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Says it all about why he was appointed and how we've done the best summer business of any club in the Championship.

"Had we tried to sign the players we brought in during the early and middle parts of the window towards the end, they would have been far more difficult deals to do and far more expensive. We felt prices were going to escalate, they did and a lot of clubs got caught. We bought at good prices, sold expensively and, financially, are in pretty good shape."

Said the sane in another post that we wouldn't have got Tomlin for c£3m had we waited.

1 minute ago, Posset red said:

Waited for what though ? Surely it's common sense for every club who has a manager at the time to do business early on or am I missing something ? 

Waited for other clubs to miss out on primary targets. I'm sure other clubs in this league would've fancied Tomlin by August if we hadn't got him and they'd missed out on their targets.

Archived