IGNORED

Mark Ashton explains it all (Merged)

Nuno Gomes

21 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

They have a list of clubs that they won't do business with, but loaned 2 players to Rovers. 

I suspect that their selection criteria isn't very detailed..! 

Players took one look at the Mem's facilities and were impressed when they mistakenly assumed it must be some kind of tented summer camp... What young lad would turn down the prospect of going camping? ....

Didn't realise their mistake until after they'd signed on the dotted line.  d'oh!

The interesting one to me is Matthews who we were assured a fee had been agreed for when we signed him at Xmas. i can't remember if that was solely from sources on here or from the club officially, but it appears that was wrong. unless of course that deal was with Big Sam and changed when hey knew he was moving on.

On 2016-09-08 at 13:41, Nuno Gomez said:

Interesting article. I hope though he hasn't burnt bridges by being so frank. 

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2945800/chelsea-have-list-of-english-clubs-the-club-would-not-do-business-with

We should laugh ourselves lucky then that they have not banned clubs that have not even considered taking young promising players on loan but rather overpaid overaged total crap for decades

If Chelsea have a blacklist based on previous loanees not getting games how come Crystal Palace have loaned Remy this season after not using Bamford last season?

As to getting Abrahams on loan for a  second season remember Bamford had a brilliant seasn at Middlesbrough in the Championship but for the following season was sent to a Premier team. Suppose getting promoted might be our best chance. 

20 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

This is my exact point, we went the extra mile, if any of the better clubs in the league wanted him they would have done so 

You said with certainty that no one else even enquired about him, now you're saying that us going the extra mile and other clubs not doing so proves your point. 

Seeing as the 2 contradict you can't have it both ways. If a club is interested but not willing to go the extra mile, then they must have enquired to find out what the extra mile was, no?

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You said with certainty that no one else even enquired about him, now you're saying that us going the extra mile and other clubs not doing so proves your point. 

Seeing as the 2 contradict you can't have it both ways. If a club is interested but not willing to go the extra mile, then they must have enquired to find out what the extra mile was, no?

Yeah I may have put my point across in the wrong way apologies. My point was surely if he was that good. Teams would have been after him and would have done everything to get him, seems we were the only ones..

Just now, Bs4Red said:

Yeah I may have put my point across in the wrong way apologies. My point was surely if he was that good. Teams would have been after him and would have done everything to get him, seems we were the only ones..

But would that not be because the signing was less of a risk for us?

Its pretty well known Tomlin isn't the easiest bloke on the training ground, he fell out with Howe, has gone of record about getting in trouble before and LJ has said he will need to be kept in check. But what we do know is that he will fit in with our team, or at the very least will perform with the players we had/have. For other clubs they will know he has the potential to do that, but don't know if he will fit with who they have, they would also no doubt be aware of his past fallings out with Howe and be wary about that, so would naturally be more cautious about the signing.

We didn't have to worry about those doubts so much, we also have his best mate in our squad who would help if Tomlin did get unsettled, making the decision much easier for us than for others.

21 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

But would that not be because the signing was less of a risk for us?

Its pretty well known Tomlin isn't the easiest bloke on the training ground, he fell out with Howe, has gone of record about getting in trouble before and LJ has said he will need to be kept in check. But what we do know is that he will fit in with our team, or at the very least will perform with the players we had/have. For other clubs they will know he has the potential to do that, but don't know if he will fit with who they have, they would also no doubt be aware of his past fallings out with Howe and be wary about that, so would naturally be more cautious about the signing.

We didn't have to worry about those doubts so much, we also have his best mate in our squad who would help if Tomlin did get unsettled, making the decision much easier for us than for others.

Potentially yes but if he was such a talent to have in the SBC, and is a player that many people on here have said would "walk into" any team then surely teams would take a punt on him no matter what his attitude ect. Just my opinion but I think we have a decent player but no where near one of the best in the championship

17 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Also shows how Tomlin is a slightly above average player at this level and some fans are blinded by bias. No clubs come hunting after him during the window. If he was so good they would have. Especially after how he stood out in such a poor City team for the back end of last season.

There wasn't other offers, he was told to 'wait' for other offers. If he was that wanted in this league sides would have been bidding for him from the outset. Plenty of better players out there and after a successful top half finish this year, he will be a casualty of our squad as we buy better players. For me very much a luxury player. 

Why didn't they try to get him then? They had enough time. Norwich took Canos when it looked like we were getting him. I just don't think he's as good as our fans make out. If he was Norwixh, Villa ect would have threw £3mill at him and he'd be there player. None even enquried about him. Then again you'll probably tell me you'd rather have Tomlin than Diame

2 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

This is my exact point, we went the extra mile, if any of the better clubs in the league wanted him they would have done so 

Wow.....that is some u-turn, have you tried a career in politics?

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

Potentially yes but if he was such a talent to have in the SBC, and is a player that many people on here have said would "walk into" any team then surely teams would take a punt on him no matter what his attitude ect. Just my opinion but I think we have a decent player but no where near one of the best in the championship

Which attacking midfield players from this league would you have ahead of him?

Realistic ones so not Grealish, Diame, Hoolahan etc

2 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

If Chelsea have a blacklist based on previous loanees not getting games how come Crystal Palace have loaned Remy this season after not using Bamford last season?

As to getting Abrahams on loan for a  second season remember Bamford had a brilliant seasn at Middlesbrough in the Championship but for the following season was sent to a Premier team. Suppose getting promoted might be our best chance. 

Remy isn't a young player.

With regards to LT, aren`t we forgetting that he actually wanted to come to us? That suggests to me that even if another so-called `better` club came in for him and were offering a slightly better package he wouldn`t have taken it. I think he now knows what it`s like to be `unwanted` at a club after his Bournemouth experience and that matters to him.

Archived