IGNORED

Manchester derby

The Dolman Pragmatist

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Right come on then clever cogs. Read the rules, find the one that mentions studs showing. Then copy it and paste it for us all to see.

You know nothing, your clueless.

Im here all day, I await your copy and paste.

I think you're being pedantic. You're right you won't see in the rule book a reference to 'studs up' but equally you won't look in the law and see a backhander is assault. It's all to do with interpretation. Studs up is excessive force because it's endangering and always reckless - especially in the instance like this one where there's nanoseconds between who is going to get there first. 

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Right come on then clever cogs. Read the rules, find the one that mentions studs showing. Then copy it and paste it for us all to see.

You know nothing, your clueless.

Im here all day, I await your copy and paste.

Cawh, your English is top notch. 

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It's all down to how reckless the referee judges the challenge to be. He was happy with it, Gary Neville wasn't!!

Showing studs is not an illegal challenge in the rules of Football.

People on here who follow football should really know the rules of the game.

What's your obsession with Neville, everyone that watched the game said it was a sending off, every pundit that watched said it was a red card. This has got nothing to do with Neville.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It's all down to how reckless the referee judges the challenge to be. He was happy with it, Gary Neville wasn't!!

Showing studs is not an illegal challenge in the rules of Football.

People on here who follow football should really know the rules of the game.

I agree with you on the one hand, but I say studs up is never anything but reckless and I would wager if Clattenberg saw that then he'd not hesitate to act accordingly. Fwiw I think Clattenberg is a dreadful referee and had a poor game today on the whole anyway. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

I think you're being pedantic. You're right you won't see in the rule book a reference to 'studs up' but equally you won't look in the law and see a backhander is assault. It's all to do with interpretation. Studs up is excessive force because it's endangering and always reckless - especially in the instance like this one where there's nanoseconds between who is going to get there first. 

I was replying to a know it all who can't debate without getting personal.Hence my reply to him.

I agree with what you say, it is interpretation, and I think the referee was spot on.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Really how can you say that when you said that the challenge may have been a yellow but never a penalty?.

You would make a great referee, make it up as your going.

May is different from saying it was E's!

i saw it on TV from the same angle as the ref and 5 million others. Where did you see it from.

17 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Not really Joe, just a big drama because the keeper of the winning team dropped a cross!

Well apart from the fact that all of the pundits on sky and MOTD say it was a nailed on penalty and almost certainly a red card and they are all ex pros who have played the game at the highest level and Bill says it was neither and seems to be alone in that.

Bravo is a good keeper - But he had a nightmare yesterday.  Made one mistake that lead to a goal but also got lucky on at least two other occasions. I wonder if he speaks English? He kept hurtling out of his goal but his defenders didn't seem to know he was coming. 

One thing I found really interesting was how United pushed up on man city goal kicks. Pepe likes his centre halfs to split to either side of the penalty area and the centre mid to drop in and take the ball. United had 3 players on the edge of Man city's box on every goal kick to prevent this.

14 hours ago, Chris said:

Just catching up with this on MOTD. First thing I see is half 'n half scarves in the ground. W T actual F. Really? In a same city Derby. :grr::grr::grr:

It's a nice little souvineer to take back home to Paignton. 

If you are a moron. (Or more's the point, the parents are morons) 

9 hours ago, cider-manc said:

Bravo is a good keeper - But he had

One thing I found really interesting was how United pushed up on man city goal kicks. Pepe likes his centre halfs to split to either side of the penalty area and the centre mid to drop in and take the ball United had 3 players on the edge of Man city's box on every goal kick to prevent this.

This is how every game between Mourinho and Guardiola works, Guardiola won't change the way he plays. His method has seen his teams beat Mourinho's 8 out of 16 times, Mourinho has only won 3 times against PG.

Archived