IGNORED

Before the panic threads appear...

EmersonsRed

I'm with you on this. Ok to say it's two points dropped. The club has come a long way quickly so I can understand the people saying its a point earned because we were down because they aren't used to it. I think we are a top side and better than anyone in the division under LJ bar Norwich, Villa and Newcastle. I think we can compete with Derby, SW and Brighton. So it is very much 2 points dropped for me. Young team though and good to see the fight to get back in it. So positives are there but I imagine LJ will be disappointed as well. 

Hopefully we beat one of our next two opponents to make up for it. No easy task and Fulham twice the week after makes for a tough month for City which is why o think we needed the 3 today. 

Let's just reflect on what would have happened last year. Namely losing 4-0. 

Rome wasn't built in a day. This team excites me like very few others in the 25 odd years I've been watching City

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What "panic threads"? Why would anyone be panicking about a hard earned point away from home? Seems to me recently that "panic" has often been anticipated but, actually, I would say broadly speaking the forum has been very balanced in its assessment this season.

It`s obvious to everyone except the most dim witted of fans that we are a work in progress and heading in the right direction but there will be blips along the way, we accept that. As someone said in another thread, last season we`d have lost the game today 4-0.

October 16th last season we got our 10th point by beating Forest at home. It`s September 10th.

44 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s obvious to everyone except the most dim witted of fans that we are a work in progress and heading in the right direction but there will be blips along the way, we accept that. As someone said in another thread, last season we`d have lost the game today 4-0.

October 16th last season we got our 10th point by beating Forest at home. It`s September 10th.

20% of the way to safety already

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

Yes and I like that. But this team can potentially go much further than that. 

I think ink we will be sniffing around the top eight or so come January then anything can happen!!

I predicted about 14th early in the summer, after the transfer window I think we can break top 10, possibly more depending if Engvall settles well and Tammy carries on his magnificent goalscoring

Freak result, Rotherham were an absolutely abysmal side that should be punished for bringing the game of football down to this level of non-football diving and time wasting (appreciated only by the hopeless ref). Can honestly say I've seen few teams play as little football as this one and never seen a team of this ilk go 2-0 up, it was absolutely surreal.

City played well aside from Flint's lack of comms with O'Donnell. Bobby Reid is just immense, the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Thought Freeman was also very comfortable and Mark Little did a good job on the wing. Tammy was a nuisance all day long although I thought first half looked half a yard off the sharpness of prior games.

If anything with our Arsenal away kit we are in danger of trying to pass the ball in, but you can't argue with the number of chances we are creating. My only ask was Joe Bryan doesn't try to beat his man (which I think he is well capable of doing) and wasn't as quick or decisive as he could have been to create clearer chances, and Tomlin drifts in and out of games struggling to find where and how to contribute. In fact, in the end it was so one sided our biggest problem was flicks and touches that were over-cute and did not come off.

The strike from the new lad deserved to win it and was phenomenonal. City could not have deserved more from the game. No reason to panic, 99 more times you will not get anything other than an away win from this type of game.

Finally, have a feeling we'll hear more about LJs ball boy antics and making the young girl cry - all very unnecessary and suspect the referee has ultimately led to such a pointless scene through his total mismanagement of what was going on.

Good summary Ole...not much to add to it...simply that it's going to be a squad game this season. Patterson looks sharp and neat on the ball...tricky. As does O'Dowda, who offers a more direct approach that Freeman. Switching to three at the back changed the shape of the game...but in fairness it was a game that we were dominating almost from the off. Not sure I've ever seen us dominate possession to that extent away from home, and to be losing 2-0 was surreal!

O'Neil is a stand-out for me...dictates the play...orchestrates things...works hard...not flawless, and gave the odd wayward pass today, but an outstanding signing imo.

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Patterson looks sharp and neat on the ball...tricky.

Can completely see why LJ signed him, much more attacking intent on the ball around the box than Joe B today and others. Really comfortable passing one touch with team mates to open the back line up, helps that his brief is entirely an attacking one, very sharp and made a lot of difference - with our lack of strikers a nice 'overload' option that isn't achieved by pushing Tomlin forward. Would have loved his long range winner to go in, was just brilliant - can't believe C5 didn't show.

14 hours ago, Olé said:

Freak result, Rotherham were an absolutely abysmal side that should be punished for bringing the game of football down to this level of non-football diving and time wasting (appreciated only by the hopeless ref). Can honestly say I've seen few teams play as little football as this one and never seen a team of this ilk go 2-0 up, it was absolutely surreal.

City played well aside from Flint's lack of comms with O'Donnell. Bobby Reid is just immense, the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Thought Freeman was also very comfortable and Mark Little did a good job on the wing. Tammy was a nuisance all day long although I thought first half looked half a yard off the sharpness of prior games.

If anything with our Arsenal away kit we are in danger of trying to pass the ball in, but you can't argue with the number of chances we are creating. My only ask was Joe Bryan doesn't try to beat his man (which I think he is well capable of doing) and wasn't as quick or decisive as he could have been to create clearer chances, and Tomlin drifts in and out of games struggling to find where and how to contribute. In fact, in the end it was so one sided our biggest problem was flicks and touches that were over-cute and did not come off.

The strike from the new lad deserved to win it and was phenomenonal. City could not have deserved more from the game. No reason to panic, 99 more times you will not get anything other than an away win from this type of game.

Finally, have a feeling we'll hear more about LJs ball boy antics and making the young girl cry - all very unnecessary and suspect the referee has ultimately led to such a pointless scene through his total mismanagement of what was going on.

She probably needs to be loaned out to a lower league side so she can adjust ...

I'm sure it will finish well , Lee is a good 'people ' person .

Archived