IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday not all that.

Ashtonwurzel

Many people had Wednesday down as promotion challengers, but they not showing anything like that form at the moment. Where they a "one season wonder" as I suspect or have they just failed to get going ?

So far this season they have lost to Burton, Cambridge and even Leeds !!!

Their narrow win over Wigan on Saturday still doesn't convince me that will not get 3 points tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Many people had Wednesday down as promotion challengers, but they not showing anything like that form at the moment. Where they a "one season wonder" as I suspect or have they just failed to get going ?

Their narrow win over Wigan on Saturday still doesn't convince me that will not get 3 points tomorrow.

I applaud your optimism but I still think a draw is a fair result

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They just haven't clicked yet, IMO. 

They have a quality forward line and will batter some team soon I think. Hopefully they continue to stutter tomorrow! 

Agree. I think they'll 'click' soon, and will challenge the top 6 places for the majority of the season.

Could be a good time to play them though, and from what I've seen on their forum, they don't yet seem to know their best side, and that they tend to get rubbish results on a Tuesday night.

Just need to score first for once, and then who knows! Our first 1-0 win of the season, courtesy of a late Aden Flint header would be perfect. 

They won one game in their first seven last season, took a while to click but once they did....so it's a bit early to say. No surprise after losing the play off final that they have not hit the ground running. Can we improve defensively on Saturday, and score from what will likely be less possession and fewer chances than Saturday? 

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

They won one game in their first seven last season, took a while to click but once they did....so it's a bit early to say. No surprise after losing the play off final that they have not hit the ground running. Can we improve defensively on Saturday, and score from what will likely be less possession and fewer chances than Saturday? 

That was against us :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Good point.

5 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Can you be a "one season wonder" without actually achieving anything?!

Archived