IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday not all that.

Ashtonwurzel

7 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

City 4 Wednesday 0

Because random optimism is fun.  

Certainly is random that is and just too early to say how the score will turn out on the Jan 31st home fixture but the midweek up there?... I do think we will avoid defeat. Interestingly on the BBC web site it was down as a Wednesday night match but on BCFC its a Tuesday. I shall assume the latter is correct.

As someone said; would take a point in pretty much any away game in this league, and Wednesday is no different.

On current form, Derby look more likely to offer a chance at three points, so a battling draw away would do me fine.

Boring as it might be; nil nil would at least show we can keep a clean sheet.

2 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Brilliant mickey take. My wife was brought up in KW just off Throgmorton. I really must grill her about her chequered past!

18 hours ago, Monkeh said:

But early to judge to be honest,

we normally struggle at Wednesday I would take a point now

16 hours ago, kivsy said:

A point would do me fine , can't remember us ever doing well up there , usually keep playing until they score ! 

I was chatting to someone the other day, telling them how (bar last seasons 4-1 win) we never do well against them. 

Then I saw the stats and we actually have a pretty decent recent record against them (P12, W6, D4, L2) 

and away at Hillsborough that recent record is even better! (P6, W4, D1, L1)

39 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Not all of them . Most are quite complimentary of us and predict a hard match .

I had it about 20 predicting a Wednesday win and 5 a draw, 0 expect us to win.

Three or four do say we have our threats and won't be a push over, but the majority expect a win, but I hope this will play into our hands tonight, if we can frustrate them and get the crowd on their backs, perfect.

Sheffield Wednesday fan here. Had some good conversation with you guys last time on here if you recall? You gave us the biggest spanking we had last year but in the long run I think it pushed us on at the time and ultimately helped us secure a good finish (although not in the end :facepalm:). 

It's been a tough-ish start for us and we haven't been anywhere near our best but we haven't been particularly that bad, we're just suffering from a bit of a play-off hangover combined with 9 new players settling and bedding in. I feel as though the Brentford and Wigan games were a big turning point for us and we look more like our old selves. 

I'm pretty sure last season before your win I tipped you lot to have a good year his year, I like the look of the team and signings you have and feel there's no reason to suggest a team like yourselves wouldn't be a challenger for the top 6. Particularly like Tomlin and obviously Tammy Abraham has been a fantastic addition on loan. 

As for tonight I think we're always confident we can beat anyone and especially so at home but we know this league so well and therefore no result genuinely surprises me to be honest! In truth we probably struggled to win back to back games when they were saturday, tuesday fixtures last season. We generally rotated and drew the midweek game. But I'll stick my neck out and go for a 2-1 win again. 

17 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Sheffield Wednesday fan here. Had some good conversation with you guys last time on here if you recall? You gave us the biggest spanking we had last year but in the long run I think it pushed us on at the time and ultimately helped us secure a good finish (although not in the end :facepalm:). 

It's been a tough-ish start for us and we haven't been anywhere near our best but we haven't been particularly that bad, we're just suffering from a bit of a play-off hangover combined with 9 new players settling and bedding in. I feel as though the Brentford and Wigan games were a big turning point for us and we look more like our old selves. 

I'm pretty sure last season before your win I tipped you lot to have a good year his year, I like the look of the team and signings you have and feel there's no reason to suggest a team like yourselves wouldn't be a challenger for the top 6. Particularly like Tomlin and obviously Tammy Abraham has been a fantastic addition on loan. 

As for tonight I think we're always confident we can beat anyone and especially so at home but we know this league so well and therefore no result genuinely surprises me to be honest! In truth we probably struggled to win back to back games when they were saturday, tuesday fixtures last season. We generally rotated and drew the midweek game. But I'll stick my neck out and go for a 2-1 win again. 

Probably would have been a different storey if you'd have scored from the two good chances you made before we did...

18 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I was bit surprised to see that LJ had the chance to keep the team in the area for 3 days, I would have thought it would have been a good bonding trip for the new guys coming on board since preseason. Maybe they couldn't find a decent venue to set up for training?

Surprised LJ didn't ask his friends at Barnsley if we could use their facilities for a day or two

Must have some friends up there still.....

Archived