IGNORED

HOW TO AVOID THE £1 BOOKING FEE IMPOSED ON AWAY TICKETS!

alanpayne

Start paying on the day!

It has just been announced that pay on the night at Sheffield Weds incurs no price increase so all of us who have already bought our tickets in advance from City, have contributed an additional £1 to BCFC!

For those of you who are not aware, the away club also receive 10% of any sales they make. So if we all started to pay on the day, (apart from the few cases where there might be a sell out) it would hit he club in the pocket and perhaps they would wake up to our concerns regarding this stealth tax! 

20 minutes ago, alanpayne said:

Start paying on the day!

It has just been announced that pay on the night at Sheffield Weds incurs no price increase so all of us who have already bought our tickets in advance from City, have contributed an additional £1 to BCFC!

For those of you who are not aware, the away club also receive 10% of any sales they make. So if we all started to pay on the day, (apart from the few cases where there might be a sell out) it would hit he club in the pocket and perhaps they would wake up to our concerns regarding this stealth tax! 

Source re: the 10% of any sales made?

The EFL regulations say: "For League Matches only, the Away Club shall be entitled to a commission representing 5 (five) per cent of the aggregate sales (exclusive of VAT) of tickets sold on behalf of the Home Club, unless otherwise agreed between the Clubs.".

26 minutes ago, alanpayne said:

Start paying on the day!

What a nightmare :facepalm:

Totally agreed with the complaints around a booking fee hidden until payment but when the club openly tells fans that a £1 fee will be applied to help our club with admin etc I dont really see the problem

23 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Hardly a stealth tax. £1 a game, £23 over a season, if you go to every away game.

Is that worth getting worked up about? It probably costs BCFC more in admin costs than £1.

It was stated by the club previously that the cost to the club is £2 so they are "absorbing" 50%. I assume this applies to both home and away tickets but I could be wrong.

11 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

They get the remaining £1 through commission as stated above. Selling away tickets does not incur a loss. 

It probably would without the £1 booking fee. 

That's why it's there. Why do people have a problem with it..?

I don't get why there has to be any booking fee, full stop.

Cubs employ people to deal with tickets and other things, clubs pay these people a wage, or are they saying that we need to pay more to pay these peoples wages? Why should we pay ( say) £26 for a £25 ticket, it's nothing more than a rip off. 

When I go into a shop and pay £1 for a bar of chocolate, they don't charge me £1.10!!

9 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Cubs employ people to deal with tickets and other things, clubs pay these people a wage, or are they saying that we need to pay more to pay these peoples wages? Why should we pay ( say) £26 for a £25 ticket, it's nothing more than a rip off. 

When I go into a shop and pay £1 for a bar of chocolate, they don't charge me £1.10!!

There's a clear distinction though in the Club don't set the prices nor have any control of their commission. The club can't do anything to encourage more to go with competitive pricing so the admin involved in a Tuesday night to Norwich will be a burden. I think this is the only way the club can control some decent income to go towards managing the cost. Absolutely fair in my eyes therefore. 

The main thing that pisses me off about these fees is that it's usually per ticket when the costs are only incurred per transaction.  If you buy multiple tickets in one transaction that does not cost the retailer any more at all and it's a complete con to pretend it does.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

No, but they are charging you £1 for something that costs 40p to buy. 

We make nothing/very little on away tickets, so it does make sense, using your rational. 

Have you ever bought a ticket from ticket master? That and many other online ticket services charge you a hell of a lot more PER TICKET. As others have said, it's not a hidden charges. If you feel so strongly about it, then yeah do as you say. I seriously doubt that you would get many joining your crusade though.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Taz said:

Have you ever bought a ticket from ticket master? That and many other online ticket services charge you a hell of a lot more PER TICKET.

Not sure that I would ever compare our online ticketing system to anything Ticketmaster have used in the past 15 years or so

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not sure that I would ever compare our online ticketing system to anything Ticketmaster have used in the past 15 years or so

I would. Ticketmaster can be a complete shambles. They managed to sell me 6 tickets for the play-off final in 2008 despite only wanting 2 and then told me it was my fault and refused to deal with it despite City raising issue with them. And the London 2012 process run by Ticketmaster wasn't exactly seamless either in my experience.

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

The point I was making, was that £1 a ticket compared to other online outlets, is very good.

I imagine there aren't many(any) that won't charge you.

16 minutes ago, Taz said:

The point I was making, was that £1 a ticket compared to other online outlets, is very good.

I imagine there aren't many(any) that won't charge you.

Yes but Ticketmaster doesn't own arena's or artists so has to make it's share somewhere.

Bristol Sport get the profit from the ticket sales already before booking fees.

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Yes but Ticketmaster doesn't own arena's or artists so has to make it's share somewhere.

We get £1.13 per ticket from Sheffield Wednesday! 

4 hours ago, Selred said:

But they have to print the tickets, send the tickets, and in the case of phone sales, pay the person to answer the phones. The club also needs to make a profit. £1 isn't extortionate. 

1 hour ago, Taz said:

But they have to print the tickets, send the tickets, and in the case of phone sales, pay the person to answer the phones. The club also needs to make a profit. £1 isn't extortionate. 

Do you pay £1 on top of other items in shops because they pay the cashier, print a reciept etc? Should always be included in the price in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Do you pay £1 on top of other items in shops because they pay the cashier, print a reciept etc? Should always be included in the price in my opinion.

Yes, you pay a mark up on the cost price in a shop, which goes towards paying for the staffing, rent, overheads, rates etc. 

We can't increase the price of away tickets to make a mark up, so we add a £1 charge. 

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes, you pay a mark up on the cost price in a shop, which goes towards paying for the staffing, rent, overheads, rates etc. 

We can't increase the price of away tickets to make a mark up, so we add a £1 charge. 

But we get a % of the ticket sales anyway....

27 minutes ago, Selred said:

But we get a % of the ticket sales anyway....

5% = £1.13 per ticket based on Sheffield Wednesday. That won't cover hardly any costs. 

Do you really begrudge paying £1 to our club so that ticketing costs are covered..? 

Archived