IGNORED

West Ham

TinMan's left peg

I've just seen some footage of the crowd trouble on Channel 5. Didn't look good. What's the issue here - is it the lack of police in the ground as mentioned earlier in this thread or is something else going on? Hasn't been a great start for them in the new ground.

Seems like a cluster f"@£ of things including the police issue, bad planning when seating the old hard core and new families together, alienating old stewards who knew what they were doing and poor segregation. All exacerbated by the fact that the club, the stadium and the match day operators are all owened by different companies and all blaming each other. Makes our transition seem flawless by comparison 

9 hours ago, TinMan's left peg said:

Seems like a cluster f"@£ of things including the police issue, bad planning when seating the old hard core and new families together, alienating old stewards who knew what they were doing and poor segregation. All exacerbated by the fact that the club, the stadium and the match day operators are all owened by different companies and all blaming each other. Makes our transition seem flawless by comparison 

And there was me thinking it was the fault of the idiot who turn up to the match looking for trouble

10 hours ago, Offside said:

I've just seen some footage of the crowd trouble on Channel 5. Didn't look good. What's the issue here - is it the lack of police in the ground as mentioned earlier in this thread or is something else going on? Hasn't been a great start for them in the new ground.

The issue here is that the most holy football team, home of all self-righteousness, keeper of the grail of football, West Ham have some fans who are knuckle dragging morons.

Clearly it's not just London zoo who have trouble keeping their apes in their pens.

On 13/09/2016 at 09:41, phantom said:

you can walk all the way around the ground if you choose

Did they seriously not install big retractable dividers? You get them at Wembley, the Millenium Stadium and I guess most other multi-use stadia. Means you can customise the segregation of the concourse for each event.

The whole Olympic switch stinks of cost cutting and bodging. 

On 9/14/2016 at 19:16, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a real shame for their supporters - going from a traditional, authentic and atmospheric stadium to the epitome of soulless bowl. Really feel for them because Upton Park was a great ground.

Looks like really poor planning and now people have bought season tickets issues like standing and moving people around aren't easy to resolve. 

As soulless as the stadium might be, if they actually make some noise it's a bloody cauldron.

They have a huge shiny shopping centre only a short distance away, which is only going to get busier towards Christmas.    I can't imagine the shops will want the football fans meeting eachother nearby and affecting their trade.

It's quite difficult though as all the tube and DLR trains, from what I found, ended up with the quickest or most direct route for people heading to the stadium involving people walking right through the length of Stratford Westfields shopping centre. Could get messy. 

Even if you avoid the shopping centre by walking around the outside the Olympic park is full of people walking, cycling etc. Lots of families. Could get really nasty.

Archived