IGNORED

Just a quick question.

GrahamC

A great signing so far, has a real poachers instinct and the scary thing is he's yet to finish growing and completely fill out. He's going to be quite a physical presence by 21/22.

Don't know if anyone would be able to answer so may be a bit of a rhetorical scenario - but say he's on 15+ goals by December which is quite possible.. I hope there are safeguards in place to prevent Chelsea doing to him what they did for Todd Kane and loaning him out to a higher placed side? I assume we paid a loan fee so there must be some sort of protection despite the assertion he's got to play in a certain % of games.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A great signing so far, has a real poachers instinct and the scary thing is he's yet to finish growing and completely fill out. He's going to be quite a physical presence by 21/22.

Don't know if anyone would be able to answer so may be a bit of a rhetorical scenario - but say he's on 15+ goals by December which is quite possible.. I hope there are safeguards in place to prevent Chelsea doing to him what they did for Todd Kane and loaning him out to a higher placed side? I assume we paid a loan fee so there must be some sort of protection despite the assertion he's got to play in a certain % of games.

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/city-loan-in-chelsea-and-england-u19-forward-3226667.aspx

Was announced at the time, no recall option in place

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If he's got 15+ goals by December then hopefully there aren't too many higher placed sides. I'm sure Chelsea would be happy for him to continue here with that form too.

3 minutes ago, !james said:

That just gives a very broad overview though that's written for fans. There may well be some sort of clause that enables his recall in an extreme circumstance - probably weighted in Chelsea's favour. It's not the sort of information we'd be privy to necessarily but Chelsea do have form for it - Todd Kane in 14/15.

I heard we'd paid a seven figure loan fee which should serve as some sort of protection so I doubt there's any need to be concerned, after all he seems happy here and is scoring so what's not to like. He's got years to go on loan before staking his claim in their first team.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That just gives a very broad overview though that's written for fans. There may well be some sort of clause that enables his recall in an extreme circumstance - probably weighted in Chelsea's favour. It's not the sort of information we'd be privy to necessarily but Chelsea do have form for it - Todd Kane in 14/15.

I heard we'd paid a seven figure loan fee which should serve as some sort of protection so I doubt there's any need to be concerned, after all he seems happy here and is scoring so what's not to like. He's got years to go on loan before staking his claim in their first team.

I thought it'd been confirmed there was NO loan fee? Just an "arrangement" that included game-time, our position, style of football played etc 

I think there is no chance of him being recalled, and even little chance of him playing for Chelsea next season.

Bamford if a perfect example, championship player of the year two seasons ago but not even a minute of game time.

Chelsea would probably buy another striker before they go with Tammy, remember even Remy was sent out on loan this season

2 hours ago, Thatwasclose said:

I think there is no chance of him being recalled, and even little chance of him playing for Chelsea next season.

Bamford if a perfect example, championship player of the year two seasons ago but not even a minute of game time.

Chelsea would probably buy another striker before they go with Tammy, remember even Remy was sent out on loan this season

To clarify I was suggesting the unfortunate scenario of recalling him then loaning him out to another side - I think he's good but not ready to threaten Costa just yet! 

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Maybe not, if we get top 10 this season, he scores 20 goals and really enjoys it maybe we will get him back next year. He's got plenty of time to be loaned out and build gradually. 

Yes indeed he has as a teenager. However, Rashford has set the bar in terms of what a teenager can offer in the Prem. If Tammy finishes the season like he started then one of three things are most likely to happen:

-He competes at Chelsea 1st team level probably from bench

-He is sent back out on loan to a Premiership side like they did with Bamford.

-He is sold to a top team for grillions

None of which include BCFC and I'm afraid that any ideas that Tammy remains at BCFC beyond this season are fanciful and unrealistic unless we get to the Prem this season... which is even less likely. We are not far off being a very solid and competitive Championship side and I'll think we'll have to end up fighting to keep our own  best players let alone someone else's. 

We've got approximately another 40 games with Tammy as our striker so let's just appreciate it. It could be a relatively short time before we watch him play for England at senior level.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes indeed he has as a teenager. However, Rashford has set the bar in terms of what a teenager can offer in the Prem. If Tammy finishes the season like he started then one of three things are most likely to happen:

-He competes at Chelsea 1st team level probably from bench

-He is sent back out on loan to a Premiership side like they did with Bamford.

-He is sold to a top team for grillions

None of which include BCFC and I'm afraid that any ideas that Tammy remains at BCFC beyond this season are fanciful and unrealistic unless we get to the Prem this season... which is even less likely. We are not far off being a very solid and competitive Championship side and I'll think we'll have to end up fighting to keep our own  best players let alone someone else's. 

We've got approximately another 40 games with Tammy as our striker so let's just appreciate it. It could be a relatively short time before we watch him play for England at senior level.

All good points and your probably right.

I find the way our fans talk about it to be endemic of the psyche of City fans. It's this inherently negative outlook which almost mentally prepares in advance for the worst case scenario..

People said the same about Jet in his first season "enjoy him whilst he's here" and Kodjia last season. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

All good points and your probably right.

I find the way our fans talk about it to be endemic of the psyche of City fans. It's this inherently negative outlook which almost mentally prepares in advance for the worst case scenario..

People said the same about Jet in his first season "enjoy him whilst he's here" and Kodjia last season. 

Well, I think it's more like realism in respect to Tammy and any comparison to virtually any other player except maybe Andy Cole is wide of the mark.

City fans : 3 losses on the bounce and it's change the team, sack the Manager and blame Lansdown. 3 wins and it's play offs and promotion.

The subject of Tammy moving on after his loan is not negative just realistic. I've never seen a better striker in a City shirt and they don't tend to hang around too long.

16 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Well, I think it's more like realism in respect to Tammy and any comparison to virtually any other player except maybe Andy Cole is wide of the mark.

City fans : 3 losses on the bounce and it's change the team, sack the Manager and blame Lansdown. 3 wins and it's play offs and promotion.

The subject of Tammy moving on after his loan is not negative just realistic. I've never seen a better striker in a City shirt and they don't tend to hang around too long.

I think it's just how people word it 'don't get used to it he won't be here next season. Fact. Next. Simples. Close thread' which is the tone of some comments on the subject. I agree it's unlikely but you never know, I think our fans have been worn down by decades of underachievement. 

Archived