IGNORED

LJ not afraid to make tough decisions?

allyolly

Sounds like our manager is not happy with certain players......who would be after letting a 2 goal lead slip? Also seems like he's not afraid to speak his mind which can only be a good thing in my opinion. 

A few interesting selection options for Saturday......what difficult decisions will LJ make?

well we don't have any real options up top.

I suppose you just have to guess who the 2 players are.

flint has cost us a few goals of late, maybe him,

lee missing the pen was the turning point but players miss pens.

we have options in defence and midfield so looking at lees face(like thunder), we will find out soon enough.

at the end of it all, we got beat from a winning position against a side who have looked average so far this season.

1 minute ago, leadman said:

well we don't have any real options up top.

I suppose you just have to guess who the 2 players are.

flint has cost us a few goals of late, maybe him,

lee missing the pen was the turning point but players miss pens.

we have options in defence and midfield so looking at lees face(like thunder), we will find out soon enough.

at the end of it all, we got beat from a winning position against a side who have looked average so far this season.

Bit worrying if tammy picks up a knock,I wouldn't suggest Flint getting dropped if I was you,the forum police will be on you

As others have said I can see defensive changes for Saturday starting in goal. Assuming Fielding is 100% then he could start. RoD was at fault for the second goal last night and after the mix ups with Flint on Saturday his confidence looks shot.

Flint seems to struggling as well and maybe spell on the bench is required. Ekstrand is fit again and maybe Moore is an alternative option but I'm not sure though whether LJ thinks he's ready for the SBC yet. We'll find out on Saturday.

With GoN missing Smith is the obvious playing replacement but if Flint is dropped who steps up as leader? 

Decisions, decisions........

Korey Smith for the suspended Gary O Neil is a no brainer. Also if you were Fielding you'd be knocking on the manager's door after a tough week for ROD. It is only fair to let Frankie stake a claim for the jersey that is why you have two good keepers. I don't agree with dropping Flint. He has been immense for us and two dodgy performances do not warrant dropping an inspirational centre defender when the replacements are either untried at this level or building up full fitness. A fresh Freeman will probably be back in the team and Golbourne might start also. Moore for Little would make sense. Wholesale changes should be for clubs in crisis  and that is not us.

7 hours ago, allyolly said:

Sounds like our manager is not happy with certain players......who would be after letting a 2 goal lead slip? Also seems like he's not afraid to speak his mind which can only be a good thing in my opinion. 

A few interesting selection options for Saturday......what difficult decisions will LJ make?

Action not words count 

4 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I would suggest with a player the quality of Ekstrand waiting in the wings then it would be Flint. Otherwise if he isn't dropped after being at fault for 2 Saturday and probably 1 yesterday then the other players waiting in the wings will loose heart.

Ignore the two great seasons and drop him after two games?  Did zero wrong last night other than last goal after being bombarded. 

Someone about wants to drop our inspirational centre back for a kid, against Derby who have some great strikers, even though Flint played well last night.

Not sure Korey is fit looking at the third goal yesterday. He seemed to pull up. If so, I see Pack, Brownhill and Reid starting to bolster the middle of the park in O'Neil's absence.

I have a feeling Flint may get experienced support rather than be dropped - 352 with Ekstrand coming in. 3 centre backs also helps ease Ekstrand back. Also enables Little and Bryan to have more of an attacking focus. I'm assuming Mathews isn't fit yet.

I have a feeling Paterson may come in for Tomlin. I'd stick with O'Donnell given form before last Saturday.

So:

Rod

Eks Flint Mag

Little                     Bryan

Reid   Pack   Brownhill

Paterson

Tammy

(Of course it will be nothing like that and Tomlin O'Dowda Golbourne and Freeman will all start! Good to have options though!)

23 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Ignore the two great seasons and drop him after two games?  Did zero wrong last night other than last goal after being bombarded. 

Someone about wants to drop our inspirational centre back for a kid, against Derby who have some great strikers, even though Flint played well last night.

What was great about his last season? Our defence was one of the worst.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

As others have said I can see defensive changes for Saturday starting in goal. Assuming Fielding is 100% then he could start. RoD was at fault for the second goal last night and after the mix ups with Flint on Saturday his confidence looks shot.

Flint seems to struggling as well and maybe spell on the bench is required. Ekstrand is fit again and maybe Moore is an alternative option but I'm not sure though whether LJ thinks he's ready for the SBC yet. We'll find out on Saturday.

With GoN missing Smith is the obvious playing replacement but if Flint is dropped who steps up as leader? 

Decisions, decisions........

The SBC? Seriously?? 

9 hours ago, hodge said:

O'Donnell and Flint maybe? At fault for goals 2 and 3 respectively.

As bad as O'Donnells mistake was....I can't think of to many other mistakes he's made this season to warrant being dropped.

Flint on the other hand....I've said for a while now, he is not the player some people on here believe him to be. I personally want to see what Elkstrand has to offer 

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Not sure Korey is fit looking at the third goal yesterday. He seemed to pull up. If so, I see Pack, Brownhill and Reid starting to bolster the middle of the park in O'Neil's absence.

I have a feeling Flint may get experienced support rather than be dropped - 352 with Ekstrand coming in. 3 centre backs also helps ease Ekstrand back. Also enables Little and Bryan to have more of an attacking focus. I'm assuming Mathews isn't fit yet.

I have a feeling Paterson may come in for Tomlin. I'd stick with O'Donnell given form before last Saturday.

So:

Rod

Eks Flint Mag

Little                     Bryan

Reid   Pack   Brownhill

Paterson

Tammy

(Of course it will be nothing like that and Tomlin O'Dowda Golbourne and Freeman will all start! Good to have options though!)

Not sure we need a change in formation.

Going by the comments, and not the performance, which I haven't seen, I think he's more unhappy with the mental strength of some players rather than the errors. I suppose he could be referring to a lack of concentration but I read it more as a tendency to disappear when the games get tough, which doesn't sound like Flint. It will be interesting to see what changes are made on Saturday, though it's probably important not to read too much into them at this stage.

Fielding will come in for O'Donnell. The latter shocking for the second goal. Tomlin will be dropped. For his performance; and whoever suggested the penalty situation should get a kick. Tammy is on such a hot streak he would have no doubt buried the penalty. Bryan will go into left midfield. Goldbourne to left back. Pack at fault with the corner goal as he did not jump with his man. He will stay in though. Smith will start for O'Neil and captain. O'Dowda out and Reid in on the right. I'd ship out Little as well but we don't really have an option there. I think Brownhill will stay in but I'd rather have Paterson behind Tammy.

I doubt if Smith or Ekstrand are fit enough to last for the whole match.  LJs choices may not be as many as some may imagine.  LT will be so wound up by missing that penalty and being substituted, that he may bounce back with a bravura performance against Derby - I would be surprised if Lee did not really get under his skin over this and to motivate him.

I think we'll get a reaction from Tomlin this Saturday, so keep him in the side.

Paterson to start though in one of the wide roles behind Tammy please. 

As long as we're not playing against big Derby centre forwards, I'd have no problem in playing Moore alongside Maggers. 

Moore looked quick, confident, and composed when I watched him for England U-20's the other week. And after all, we did spend around 1.5 million for the lad! 

Archived