IGNORED

Twitter

David Brent

I put this on the q&a section earlier but thought it'd get more attention here.

Not sure where to ask this so I'll leave it here.

I get that the club are active on social media, and that the demographic of Twitter suggest that the majority of users are younger (under 35), but is there any chance the clubs official Twitter account can remain professional in its match updates?

"This kid is a joke." Seriously? Who runs the account?

I know many fans won't see this as important but it looks amateurish. Save the banter for personal accounts.

I realise I'm speaking from a personal point of view but our club don't need to enter into a Twitter popularity contest.

It can't be @AdamB in charge can it?

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Disrespectful? It made out how good he was!

Fuss over nothing IMO. Nice to see something which isn't bland PR.

Each to their own and I can see it was a popular tweet which is good (over 1000 RT's when I last looked).

In my opinion though things like match updates should avoid that sort of thing. Plymouth's twitter account are terrible for it on their official page and it looks really unprofessional. We're not anywhere as bad as that yet but I've noticed more 'banter' creep in this season. 

22 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

I know many fans won't see this as important but it looks amateurish. Save the banter for personal accounts.

15 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I thought the same when I saw it last night. I realise it isn't meant that way but a little disrespectful to TA in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Disrespectful? It made out how good he was!

Fuss over nothing IMO. Nice to see something which isn't bland PR.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well, in your opinion it was fine. I agree generally though, we're one of the better accounts for football league clubs in my eyes.

I thought that it was a bit amateurish to be fair, the person doing the tweets needs to remember they are representing the club and a whole range of ages etc

The term "This kid is a joke" I can only assume someone much younger than myself would make sense of it, and see it as humour? Personally I have no idea what it means...

On the flip side I believe that the lad that was let go by the media team last week used to do the tweets - so naturally someone new is now doing it?

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I thought that it was a bit amateurish to be fair, the person doing the tweets needs to remember they are representing the club and a whole range of ages etc

Maybe it is unprofessional, but being informal on Twitter is a nice touch so long as it's not every minute of every game.

As someone else mentioned, I've seen Plymouth's Twitter a few times and it's a joke. Well it's meant to be a joke, but it's not a good one.

I believe it's called a colloquialism that the yoof of today use.

In the same way one is "Sick" but perfectly well...

Have absolutely no problem with it am mindful that it's reaching out to a group of users on a social media platform, if we were commenting on Tammy in a similar fashion to The Times letter page then I would be "screwing"

1 hour ago, Libertine1 said:

I put this on the q&a section earlier but thought it'd get more attention here.

Not sure where to ask this so I'll leave it here.

I get that the club are active on social media, and that the demographic of Twitter suggest that the majority of users are younger (under 35), but is there any chance the clubs official Twitter account can remain professional in its match updates?

I realise I'm speaking from a personal point of view but our club don't need to enter into a Twitter popularity contest.

It can't be @AdamB in charge can it?

Cheers

Whether it's AdamB or not, it's just immature nonsense and completely inappropriate.

The vast majority of adult City fans who read it would be left bemused.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Whether it's AdamB or not, it's just immature nonsense and completely inappropriate.

The vast majority who read it on Twitter will like it. It's a different platform to the website, targeting a different audience and thus should use content that appeals to the intended market. Over 1,000 re tweets shows it is popular. 

Calling it immature nonsense and completely inappropriate is just over the top. No one will be offended of it, and furthermore if someone doesn't understand it they are more likely to just move on, rather than create a fuss over something or nothing. 

Well done Bristol City for actually having engaging content! 

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

The vast majority who read it on Twitter will like it. It's a different platform to the website, targeting a different audience and thus should use content that appeals to the intended market. Over 1,000 re tweets shows it is popular. 

Calling it immature nonsense and completely inappropriate is just over the top. No one will be offended of it, and furthermore if someone doesn't understand it they are more likely to just move on, rather than create a fuss over something or nothing. 

Well done Bristol City for actually having engaging content! 

Amen to that, kid.

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I agree, I just tagged Adam so he sees. 

Twitter, Instagram, official site etc...it needs to speak to everyone.

As I said, keep the banter to the personal accounts. 

4 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

I agree, I just tagged Adam so he sees. 

Twitter, Instagram, official site etc...it needs to speak to everyone.

As I said, keep the banter to the personal accounts. 

Maybe perpetual straight down-the-line reporting doesn't speak to everyone?

Fair enough it not being your thing, but to complain about it when it's not remotely offensive, and you can see the majority of people have liked it (and a tonne retweeted it), seems ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

The term "This kid is a joke" I can only assume someone much younger than myself would make sense of it, and see it as humour? Personally I have no idea what it means...

I'd have thought it was fairly obvious: he is sick.

31 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Maybe perpetual straight down-the-line reporting doesn't speak to everyone?

I'd guess it speaks to more than 'ego boosting, record RTs banter' does. It's the official Twitter account of a second division football club, not 'The LAD Bible'

Fair enough it not being your thing, but to complain about it when it's not remotely offensive, and you can see the majority of people have liked it (and a tonne retweeted it), seems ridiculous.

Number of RTs isn't important, it's not a competition. Just give us the updates. 

I agree it's not offensive. Just a bit shit.

Archived