IGNORED

We are doing better than you think...

spudski

.... I've nicked this information from a post @BCFC_Dan put up. Hope you don't mind fella...but I think it deserves a thread of it's own and would get lost in the other thread.

Really interesting Stats...

Saturday is going to be a really interesting game. Both teams coming from opposite ends of the spectrum. Knowing our luck, Derby will find their scoring boots...Fingers crossed they don't. Will be interesting to see what our attacking players can do against the best defence in the league. Looking forward to seeing the challenge unfold.

https://experimental361.com/2016/09/15/scatter-graphics-championship-15-sep-2016/

Pretty staggering that Derby have scored 1 goal thus far this season. Now that would be depressing as a fan.

Those figures make pretty happy reading as a City fan and basically confirm what we already know: we're a real threat going forward and we're going to be entertaining to watch. Bar a few individual errors, we'd be celebrating 4 or 6 points from two away games and we'd all be over the moon.

For what it's worth, I think we'll beat Derby tomorrow.

Derby are the most interesting team on that chart. They are a massive outlier to the point where he had to artificially move them down.

That's probably because it's still very early in the season and sooner or later they're going to find their shooting boots and absolutely hammer someone. I hope that's not tomorrow.

In theory we're in a good place but we all know that stats aren't everything and that conclusions drawn from a small data set aren't going to be reliable. Even so, I think I'd rather be underachieving relative to what the stats say than overachieving.

I saw Dan post earlier and had a looked, it does look promising for us - I have posted some of the pictures below, but encourage you to go and check out his website for more detail  (maybe also bookmark it for the future) as it really is a good site...

I would also point you to one of the charts I posted the other day showing the perceived difficulty of the matches played... the chart shows us as having a really hard start tailing into a much easier couple of months, combine that with the charts showing us doing well (even though playing some of our hardest games) and things do look good.

https://experimental361.com/2016/09/15/scatter-graphics-championship-15-sep-2016/

https://experimental361.com/

ScreenShot_20160916120743.png

ScreenShot_20160916120256.png

ScreenShot_20160916120238.png

ScreenShot_20160916120222.png

ScreenShot_20160916120207.png

I saw Rotherham being mentioned in the opposite corner to us with a worried emoji, but you have to remember we had 35(?) shots against them and considering not that many games have been played thus far, that will alter the stats hugely and make us look probably more impressive than we actually have been, and Rotherham worse than they have been perhaps.

Another reason why I don't read anything into stats, one good/bad game can make everything seem better or worse than it really is.

13 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

I saw Rotherham being mentioned in the opposite corner to us with a worried emoji, but you have to remember we had 35(?) shots against them and considering not that many games have been played thus far, that will alter the stats hugely and make us look probably more impressive than we actually have been, and Rotherham worse than they have been perhaps.

Another reason why I don't read anything into stats, one good/bad game can make everything seem better or worse than it really is.

It was more a dig at us, scoring for them…

45 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

I like these kind of (at a glance) type simple match stat charts... anyone put together a 'season so far' version using amalgamated figures from each match ?

You could just check the match reports, add them all up and then... ummmm... wait ask this guy, he seems to have a genius's concept of what a average is

ScreenShot_20160917100416.png

Archived