IGNORED

Club shop

Pickle Rick

What are people's opinions/experiences regarding the club shop?

Was in there both before and after the match to sort out some merchandise and **** me is it too crammed.

This appears to be quite a negative, unprogressive move to have such an inadequate shop considering everything else seems geared up for growth.

went in there before the Villa game and it wasn't too busy but did seem a little small and overcrowded with racks. It was a bit of a mess and could be improved by branding sections appropriately for all of the different sports under the Bristol Sport brand.  I guess they are limited by the space they have.

10 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

What are people's opinions/experiences regarding the club shop?

Was in there both before and after the match to sort out some merchandise and **** me is it too crammed.

This appears to be quite a negative, unprogressive move to have such an inadequate shop considering everything else seems geared up for growth.

Said exacty the same when it opened last year. It's awful.

Think the idea in reality is probably to try and get everyone doing it online, but still for an expensive brand new stadium redevelopment it's pretty poor.

Seeing as we could have designed it however we want, well it's probably about as bad as it could get. Cramped, overcrowded due to bad movement flow / till positions. It is up there with the worse shops in Bristol, nay, England, nay THE PLANET !!

Hell why can't they have a few shirts hanging up in the bar and grill ? "4 pints fosters and throw in the away top XXXXL to accommodate the beer gut... cheers" 

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Think the idea in reality is probably to try and get everyone doing it online, but still for an expensive brand new stadium redevelopment it's pretty poor.

The main point is exactly what you say.

Stadium development to a very high standard, all the expense inc these new screen etc and a 3rd rate store. Makes no sense really. 

Probably worse than the old Atyeo end shop. At least people could queue down the middle and others look around the outside. 

In this new (and not improved) shop, people are always in each others way and you cannot help it.

As also mentioned, are they hoping for more online than actual in-store visits? If so they've assumed and are wrong. Or is it a design problem they never really envisaged?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I just wonder, given Lansdown has eyes (apparently) on the Wickes site and adjacent areas that there will a much bigger shop opened when we redevelop that area? 

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

I assumed it was a temporary location last season, obviously not.

I hope SL is looking to build something a bit better if/when we get the Wickes site.

The space is not utilised correctly and I think it is adequate enough. 

Its the shop fit that's a dogs dinner. 

Whoever we paid must have known that and whoever signed it off probably doesn't want to admit the mistake. 

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

Seeing as we could have designed it however we want, well it's probably about as bad as it could get. Cramped, overcrowded due to bad movement flow / till positions. It is up there with the worse shops in Bristol, nay, England, nay THE PLANET !!

Hell why can't they have a few shirts hanging up in the bar and grill ? "4 pints fosters and throw in the away top XXXXL to accommodate the beer gut... cheers" 

Not such a bad idea @Fiale

9 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

the 1970/80s portacabin was better....

Bought my first silk scarf from Beryl.....tied it round my wrist..... straight into the East End lookin down at me new 10 hole Ox blood Doc Martins. Them was the days.:laughcont:

47 minutes ago, bs3 said:

The old shop was better and bigger.

It was for sure and you'd expect with the new build that the architects/the club would have allowed a bigger area for the club shop - assuming there are no plans to re-locate it.

Ive been in the cafe several times and naturally I've had browse around the shop on a non match day and it's been relatively quite but on a match day I'd avoid it like a plague. It's bound to be busy.

11 hours ago, Pezo said:

I assumed it was a temporary location last season, obviously not.

I hope SL is looking to build something a bit better if/when we get the Wickes site.

I agree I thought it was temporary too, presumed the coffee shop would be knocked through and it moved to the west stand side, way to small considering its two clubs too.

Archived