IGNORED

Tomlin's Volley

Charliesboots

5 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Ok didn't go in...but what technique. 

Just watched it back on the highlights and wow it was struck beautifully. 

Agreed...what a player! On good form today, taking responsibility for directing the play. Amidst all the background moaning on here (and at the ground) a sense of perspective is perhaps required...when did City EVER have players with the skills and technique that many of the current squad have...I suggest the answer is rarely...

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Really pleased with his performance. After his penalty miss which was the start of a bad sequence of events at Wednesday I thought he may be short on confidence. I was delighted to be proved wrong.

He left the ref alone too!

I thought he was good today, seems to have calmed down a bit.

4 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

I thought he was outstanding today, he seemed to take it upon himself to try and control the game as opposed to moaning at the ref... I'm not quite sure he's best utilised as a holding midfielder like he was after Pack went off, would rather see him 20 yards further up the pitch! 

This is where he does the damage, once he pushed up v Rotherham he was unplayable.

I thought Tomlin played well today, some things didn't come off for him but he was much more like the Tomlin of last season.

One thing that did annoy me today though was some guy at the back off the Atyeo constantly ripping into him and Pack for 90 minutes, he was too far back for me to even see who it was but he was just shouting out crap non stop. I think it's fair enough if people want to moan to their mates but why shout out nonsense like that all game so everyone has to listen! Rant over.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Great memories of a packed Gate and a proper old school playing surface! Not sure he hit it as hard as Tomlin but it's here at 49 seconds (below).....how close we were to the final after that magical cup run!

Thanks for posting, what I remember most was all the raindrops coming off the goal net when the shot struck the post, as I was behind, just to the right of the goal. Still brings back goosebumps, what an atmosphere!

Archived