IGNORED

Tomlin's Volley

Charliesboots

46 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Thanks for posting, what I remember most was all the raindrops coming off the goal net when the shot struck the post, as I was behind, just to the right of the goal. Still brings back goosebumps, what an atmosphere!

I was sweating this one as my sister got married on the Saturday and I didn`t think I`d get to the game but then it got moved to the Sunday. Happy days.

I`ll never forgive Garry Parker though. I`m convinced if we`d have got to the final we`d have won it (Luton I think).

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Great memories of a packed Gate and a proper old school playing surface! Not sure he hit it as hard as Tomlin but it's here at 49 seconds (below).....how close we were to the final after that magical cup run!

Such a great day and such happy memories. Going to this game was my birthday treat as my dad didn't like football so would only take me very occasionally. Had to hold up my little brother who was 8 (I was just 11) with my dad the whole game in the pouring rain in the open end. But what an atmosphere.  Will stick with me to the end! Thanks for sharing. 

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Such a great day and such happy memories. Going to this game was my birthday treat as my dad didn't like football so would only take me very occasionally. Had to hold up my little brother who was 8 (I was just 11) with my dad the whole game in the pouring rain in the open end. But what an atmosphere.  Will stick with me to the end! Thanks for sharing. 

Still think we should have gone through to the final on away goals after we drew 1-1 away and 0-0 at home before extra time....

40 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`ll never forgive Garry Parker though. I`m convinced if we`d have got to the final we`d have won it (Luton I think).

Me neither....whenever I played the early versions of champ man years later, if I took over a team he was at he'd be my first player sold!!!

Irrational hatred of a guy doing his job, eh?!?

Archived