IGNORED

Packs Tackle !!

SCANTS-CTID

2 minutes ago, SCANTS-CTID said:

Has anyone ever heard a louder tackle? The noise it made when he connected was insane, pretty sure everyone heard it. 

I said exactly the same at the time. You could here the "boom" towards the back of the Dolman. 

Thank god both players got the ball rather than each other. 

Full blooded to say the least, yet entirely fair & great to see! 

And a mention for the referee who I thought was excellent apart from not containing the time-wasting earlier.

There were plenty of tackles that were borderline and indeed Pack got away with about 5 fouls.  By the fifth, the ref had a good talk to him and that was all that was needed. 

Good refereeing for both teams. 

4 minutes ago, Chivs said:

And a mention for the referee who I thought was excellent apart from not containing the time-wasting earlier.

There were plenty of tackles that were borderline and indeed Pack got away with about 5 fouls.  By the fifth, the ref had a good talk to him and that was all that was needed. 

This, could have played the advantage rule better on a few occasions, but other than that he wasn't bad.

Yes, it was. Didn't we pick him up from Southampton and he'd only played a couple of games when he lost out in a 50-50 against Forest(?)

Similarly, was also in the Atyeo when George 'The Beast' Elokobi played his first game on loan and turned his own ankle sliding a ball out for a corner - not good. He sat on the ground, holding his leg in the air with his foot pointing in the wrong direction. A few fans had to look elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Chivs said:

5 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

This, could have played the advantage rule better on a few occasions, but other than that he wasn't bad.

I thought he was poor, blew for lots that weren't fouls and missed many obvious ones.

Pulling back for the freekick when Tomlin had shrugged off the defender and got into the box was comical, missing a Derby player going right through the back of Tammy and then punching the ball to Carson.

The only upside for him was being consistent.

Need some help here but we played Rovers in a pre season game.I think it was Louis Carey's testimonial. I was in the Dolman because Rovers were given the who!e East End.I can't remember who did the tackle early on,but I think it was his first game for us,but as I recall he upended the Rovers player,and the clash of the tackle went all the way to the top of the Dolman.Anyone remember then player.I don't thinkmhe went on to great thing's with us?

7 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Need some help here but we played Rovers in a pre season game.I think it was Louis Carey's testimonial. I was in the Dolman because Rovers were given the who!e East End.I can't remember who did the tackle early on,but I think it was his first game for us,but as I recall he upended the Rovers player,and the clash of the tackle went all the way to the top of the Dolman.Anyone remember then player.I don't thinkmhe went on to great thing's with us?

Believe that was the inspirational signing, Jody Morris...

Archived