IGNORED

dressing rooms / runout

Antman

7 minutes ago, Antman said:

are they moving the dressing rooms?

i presume this is another bit of the new stand that's slipped on delivery dates.

Yes, they're in the new Lansdown Stand. There was a suggestion they'd be ready for yesterday's game a while back but Adam Baker is now seemingly just preferring to say "hopefully soon"!

Slightly off subject, but wasn't it strange how they reappeared after HT yesterday. Derby came out then Frankie, LJ sprinted out and Pack together, and what seemed like ages later a couple more players, then another age the rest of them. We did wonder what had happened at HT!

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Slightly off subject, but wasn't it strange how they reappeared after HT yesterday. Derby came out then Frankie, LJ sprinted out and Pack together, and what seemed like ages later a couple more players, then another age the rest of them. We did wonder what had happened at HT!

Last minute instructions to a few individuals maybe? Marlon and Frankie probably just got the `keep on doing what you`re doing` but words needed to one or two others perhaps, maybe from Pembo?

29 minutes ago, RedM said:

Maybe there was a queue for the bog

48 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes I did notice that   in fact since  lj  took over  certain  other procedures seem far more relaxed  from the regimental   cotts     another one is players  no longer come booted and suited  when arriving at the ground for the match ,

10 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Yes I did notice that   in fact since  lj  took over  certain  other procedures seem far more relaxed  from the regimental   cotts     another one is players  no longer come booted and suited  when arriving at the ground for the match ,

I hadn't realised the suit thing has been dropped. Suppose the idea was to make them feel professional and ready, well prepared. But although many looked smart, they all obviously looked different making them look less  unified as a team. They might just have well worn their identical Bristol a City training gear in that case.

I notice the rugby players all wear identical suits and shirts, you can tell a rugby player who isn't playing sitting in the crowd instantly by what he is wearing even if you aren't sure of his face. You could argue in this case though that what they wear isn't having any effect on the game!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I hadn't realised the suit thing has been dropped. Suppose the idea was to make them feel professional and ready, well prepared. But although many looked smart, they all obviously looked different making them look less  unified as a team. They might just have well worn their identical Bristol a City training gear in that case.

I notice the rugby players all wear identical suits and shirts, you can tell a rugby player who isn't playing sitting in the crowd instantly by what he is wearing even if you aren't sure of his face. You could argue in this case though that what they wear isn't having any effect on the game!

There is a official BS suit, seen a lot of the guys in the blue suits, some with waist coats and red ties - mainly store/shop/matchday managers ?

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

There is a official BS suit, seen a lot of the guys in the blue suits, some with waist coats and red ties - mainly store/shop/matchday managers ?

Yes I've seen Mark Kelly etc in their BS suits, just doesn't seem a standard issue to the football players as it is to the rugby. Hey I'm no fashion expect, and yes what does it matter, but you can get a right mixed bag when players each do their own thing. Lee J nearly always in brown/ tweed. Pack and Flint looking very smart in grey/dark grey, and then there was JET who often wore a cream suit/jacket. The idea of togetherness wasn't really happening!

I am all for team ethic and togetherness but insisting on the players wearing the same suits is ridiculous and demeaning. Smart casual and individualistic is fine for me. They look like a close, well organised and happy group to me and LJ doesn't stand any messing from what I have seen and heard from the club and press, let alone what we are not privy to.

Man Utd all wore nice suits yesterday and they were a shambles !

Archived