IGNORED

Cash or Card ?

BigTone

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I only use a debit card also and yes I agree that people spending £2 with a card is annoying.  You have an interest in a business that accepts cards so if I spend £25 in your business and pay by card then I am also paying any relevant fees as they are built into your price.  If I buy the same item in your business and pay with cash you still charge me £25 so I am still paying fees.  It happens everyday to all of us. Just to clarify also, it is not you paying the fees to the Banker but us the customer one way or the other.

Agreed.

Using cards can work out well - I put most of my monthly spend on a BA AmEx and get air miles for every pound I spend - you also get a companion voucher (basically a free flight) once you have spent a certain amount. Will soon have enough air miles for business class flights to the States for the family.  It only works if you pay the balance off each month before the interest kicks in as it is extortionate!

14 hours ago, Red Bill said:

Lets not forget that there IS a cost to using cards.  The retailer/restaurant/petrol station/whatever pay a commission to the bank whenever you pay for something by card.  Ultimately it is you who pay that commission in the form of increased costs of the goods/services.  If you wish to reduce the cost of living - although only slightly - pay with cash whenever possible.  I appreciate it is inconvenient but ....... the choice is yours.

Business banking will likely incur charges for banking cash too.

Archived