IGNORED

QPR Away

Selred

Tickets now on sale for Season Ticket Plus holders, however anyone else feel £33 and £28 for adults is extortionate for a night game? Especially for a ground with poor views.

I went last season however this has put doubts in my mind for a night game now.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-3308084.aspx

31 minutes ago, Selred said:

Tickets now on sale for Season Ticket Plus holders, however anyone else feel £33 and £28 for adults is extortionate for a night game? Especially for a ground with poor views.

I went last season however this has put doubts in my mind for a night game now.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-3308084.aspx

forgot it is a night game, even though I bought my ticket :facepalm:. I love night games!

I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it is, but at this level surely you expect a match ticket to be around £30. 

If it's less then you are pleasantly surprised, if it's more you think it's a bit steep, but it's usually around £30. 

I'm not sure what price people would be expecting the prices to be..? £25..? Then does £3 really determin whether you go or not. 

To be clear, I'm not saying the prices are good, but they are in line with most others in this division, so I'm just not sure where the surprise comes from. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it is, but at this level surely you expect a match ticket to be around £30. 

If it's less then you are pleasantly surprised, if it's more you think it's a bit steep, but it's usually around £30. 

I'm not sure what price people would be expecting the prices to be..? £25..? Then does £3 really determin whether you go or not. 

To be clear, I'm not saying the prices are good, but they are in line with most others in this division, so I'm just not sure where the surprise comes from. 

Sadly the "Twentys Plenty" campaign hasn't reached too many sides in our league yet

Just now, phantom said:

Sadly the "Twentys Plenty" campaign hasn't reached too many sides in our league yet

No it hasn't and I don't think it will in reality. Premiership away tickets are only capped because of massive subsidy budgets for Premier league clubs that have to be spent on fans initiatives. 

Unless every championship clubs sign a charter, pledging say the first 1,000 tickets to away fans at £20, then it's not going to change, unfortunately. 

I really don't know why that can't be arranged, even if those 1,000 were only sold to STH so that the clubs know exactly who are going to the games to negate the risk of trouble. 

It could be done. I just don't think it will be because the championship is such an expensive league to compete in. 

29 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No it hasn't and I don't think it will in reality. Premiership away tickets are only capped because of massive subsidy budgets for Premier league clubs that have to be spent on fans initiatives. 

Unless every championship clubs sign a charter, pledging say the first 1,000 tickets to away fans at £20, then it's not going to change, unfortunately. 

I really don't know why that can't be arranged, even if those 1,000 were only sold to STH so that the clubs know exactly who are going to the games to negate the risk of trouble. 

It could be done. I just don't think it will be because the championship is such an expensive league to compete in. 

Tell me BS3 what is the maximum you would pay considering you are always justifying extortionate prices

41 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think £25 should be the top price, that's Fulhams price for Saturday. I wouldn't pay £33 for a night game where I know it won't sell out. £28 is pushing it. I'm fortunate to live in London so the only other cost is dinner, but if you're coming from Bristol you're looking at £45+ for a Tuesday night game with not the best views.

I'm not shocked at the prices, but wondering how many people are getting increasingly priced out of the game. 

7 minutes ago, harrys said:

Tell me BS3 what is the maximum you would pay considering you are always justifying extortionate prices

You clearly haven't read my post if you think I'm justifying the price!

I was saying it's not out of line (rightly or wrongly) with most away ticket prices in the division, so why the surprise..?

In answer to your question... I don't know really. Each game on it's merits I suppose. With away games I either have the time/money to go, or I don't. I don't think a £3/4/5 variable either way would have any baring on whether I went to a game, if it was one I could get too. 

I was swayed into going to Watford a few seasons ago when a midweek game was a tenner and I wouldn't pay £40+ to go to Leeds midweek.

If I log on to buy a ticket then I expect to cost around £30.

22 minutes ago, harrys said:

Oh, and I don't justify extortionate prices, ever. What I do say is that there are usually cheaper options available when people are on here moaning about £38/40 for upper Lansdown tier tickets. 

They are the most expensive seats in the stadium and not a fair measure of overall ticket prices. 

21 minutes ago, Selred said:

I think £25 should be the top price, that's Fulhams price for Saturday. I wouldn't pay £33 for a night game where I know it won't sell out. £28 is pushing it. I'm fortunate to live in London so the only other cost is dinner, but if you're coming from Bristol you're looking at £45+ for a Tuesday night game with not the best views.

I'm not shocked at the prices, but wondering how many people are getting increasingly priced out of the game. 

I think that £25 limit is unrealistic but I do think that if a £30 limit for Premiership games (subsidies aside) is deemed as fair, then why should any other supporters have to pay more than that, just because of the division that the team that they support happen to play in. That is wrong. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

As an example Reading are leading the way, will charge an away supporter £20 as long as the opposition club reciprocate the deal

The below is from the FSF website, which explains why it CAN be done for away supporters

Sometimes you have to aim high (or low, when it comes to prices!) and in any campaign or negotiation process you have to be ambitious in your initial plans. What’s the point in calling for a £35 cap if most fans feel that’s too expensive anyway?

The post-Hillsborough Taylor Report said, “Clubs may well wish to charge somewhat more for seats than for standing but it should be possible to plan a price structure which suits the cheapest seats to the pockets of those presently paying to stand. At Ibrox, for example, seating is £6, standing £4 - not a prohibitive price or differential.” Taking into account inflation that comes out at around £13 now, so £20 from fans feels more than generous!

In addition away ticket revenue is a tiny proportion of a top-flight club’s income. So yes, if tickets dropped from £50/£60 to £20 clubs would see a very minor fall in revenue. But the pay off is that they’d be safeguarding the massively more important media-rights revenue streams against very real risks. Long term there is no “product” without away fans.

Lower down the leagues clubs might take a far smaller hit on ticket prices, from say £25 down to £20. Again, this is a relatively small proportion of a club’s revenue. We also believe more away fans through the gate would make up the difference (plus all those extra pies, pints and programmes sold).

Both top-flight and lower league clubs must recognise that watching football is becoming a more expensive business than ever before with spiralling transport and travel costs. Potential lifelong fans are exposed to so much televised football at such a young age that it’s easy for them to grow up thinking football is something you watch on TV or down the pub.

Football should act now to make sure it doesn’t lose the next generation of match-going fans. Lower prices would help make football more affordable to those on low wages, children students and OAPs. We’d like to see football clubs’ support fairly representing the communities from which they were born and cheaper ticket prices would do more to support that than almost any other single action we can think of.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Reading are leading the way, will charge an away supporter £20 as long as the opposition club reciprocate the deal

That's a very good start. Any club that refuses to riciprocate that offer (including ours) would be a disgrace!

Reading - "Hello XYZ fc. We are going to charge your fans just £20 to come to Reading as a visiting supporter this season. All we ask is that you offer the same price to our supporters in return..?" 

XYZ fc - "Nah, you're alright thanks. We are still going to charge £35 to your lot, so you crack on and charge our supporters what you want"

Surely that conversation can't & wont happen anywhere..?! 

My Mrs sorted out mine and one of my lads tickets for Saturday's Derby game. It was last Friday, I didn't know I could go to the game until then.

We are members, and I could not believe it when I saw she had paid £33 for my lower west stand ticket. I will be honest and say that if I had known the price before she sorted tickets I would have not gone to the game, I would have watched Bridgwater Town instead. The prices for Championship games are ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

My Mrs sorted out mine and one of my lads tickets for Saturday's Derby game. It was last Friday, I didn't know I could go to the game until then.

We are members, and I could not believe it when I saw she had paid £33 for my lower west stand ticket. I will be honest and say that if I had known the price before she sorted tickets I would have not gone to the game, I would have watched Bridgwater Town instead. The prices for Championship games are ridiculous.

Ungrateful git..! 

;) 

12 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

To be honest, I was shocked by the price someone had paid for the LS - £39. I didn't realise it was that much…

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That's a very good start. Any club that refuses to riciprocate that offer (including ours) would be a disgrace!

Reading - "Hello XYZ fc. We are going to charge your fans just £20 to come to Reading as a visiting supporter this season. All we ask is that you offer the same price to our supporters in return..?" 

XYZ fc - "Nah, you're alright thanks. We are still going to charge £35 to your lot, so you crack on and charge our supporters what you want"

Have a feeling it might with us.

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Leeds I bet will not reciprocate and Reading are paying £28 and £33 for their games at Brentford and QPR

10 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Leeds I bet will not reciprocate and Reading are paying £28 and £33 for their games at Brentford and QPR

Clubs obviously aren't buying into it then. I find that shocking, when it's a one off opportunity to give their own fans a discounted way day. 

We've done a couple of £10 games before, so I most certainly hope we do riciprocate with Reading. 

The £10 for STH friends is obviously a way around selling away seats at a tenner though. That is slightly different. 

A riciprocle agreement should most certainly be accepted. 

Gonna take my brother to this one for his 17th birthday.

Long story short we were going to get our first season ticket this season, but right at the same time he got his first job - as a result he now works every Saturday! Living in Plymouth now makes it impossible for him to attend weekend games.

I have a season ticket travelling up and down the M5 every other week, but always feel guilty that hes stuck in his first job! He's able to join me on Tuesday night games so he's going to join me for as many as we possibly can.

What is the best way to get to the game for me (as cheap as possible needed)? Drive to Bristol and jump on the supporters coach? Going to have to take the day off work and pull my brother out of sixth form for the day, so we best produce the goods!

Managed just 4 away games last year - Boro, Charlton, MK Dons and Fulham - they didn't go too bad in fairness! Hoping to maintain that run!

• Admin
1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Gonna take my brother to this one for his 17th birthday.

Long story short we were going to get our first season ticket this season, but right at the same time he got his first job - as a result he now works every Saturday! Living in Plymouth now makes it impossible for him to attend weekend games.

I have a season ticket travelling up and down the M5 every other week, but always feel guilty that hes stuck in his first job! He's able to join me on Tuesday night games so he's going to join me for as many as we possibly can.

What is the best way to get to the game for me (as cheap as possible needed)? Drive to Bristol and jump on the supporters coach? Going to have to take the day off work and pull my brother out of sixth form for the day, so we best produce the goods!

Managed just 4 away games last year - Boro, Charlton, MK Dons and Fulham - they didn't go too bad in fairness! Hoping to maintain that run!

@ollywhyte Being a night game it doesn't really offer many options

The last train to Plymouth is 2345 from Paddington, BUT is the overnight sleeper service arriving into Plymouth at 05:31

You could always drive to Temple Meads.

Trains run every half an hour between Temple Meads and Paddington - if you can grab a third person, you would qualify for the groupsave ticket

You can get a return (including unlimited bus and tube in zones 1 and 2) for £20.50 per person EACH way

Last trains are 22:15 then 23:30 from Paddington.

CATS is £19 for members and £24 for non members leaving Ashton Gate at 3:15pm

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

@ollywhyte Being a night game it doesn't really offer many options

The last train to Plymouth is 2345 from Paddington, BUT is the overnight sleeper service arriving into Plymouth at 05:31

You could always drive to Temple Meads.

Trains run every half an hour between Temple Meads and Paddington - if you can grab a third person, you would qualify for the groupsave ticket

You can get a return (including unlimited bus and tube in zones 1 and 2) for £20.50 per person EACH way

Last trains are 22:15 then 23:30 from Paddington.

CATS is £19 for members and £24 for non members leaving Ashton Gate at 3:15pm

Or there is Megabus / National Express however don't forget to take tube cost into consideration :) 

Archived