IGNORED

Matchday thread Vs Fulham EFL Cup

Bar BS3

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Since the 15k will be there in both scenarios, you're saying you'd rather have 12,000 empty seats than 12,000 full seats then?

Good point!

I suppose I mean that a ground full (half full) of people who are only there to watch a cheap (any) match will probably mean the atmosphere is dead because people aren't that bothered. 

I know what I mean..! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Good point!

I suppose I mean that a ground full (half full) of people who are only there to watch a cheap (any) match will probably mean the atmosphere is dead because people aren't that bothered. 

I know what I mean..! 

The people who are bothered will be there either way. Therefore your suggestion that the atmosphere will be worse with more people in the ground is....dubious.

We need to grow the fanbase to fill the stadium more regularly, and cheap tickets for cup matches is another good way of doing it.

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

This is a good draw. Ok not one for the glory boys but a Prem side at home and every chance of a close to full ground with sensible pricing. We make the last eight anything can happen. 

I don't think we'd come close to filling the ground if tickets were free.

its a crap draw our recent record against hull is woeful.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The people who are bothered will be there either way. Therefore your suggestion that the atmosphere will be worse with more people in the ground is....dubious.

We need to grow the fanbase to fill the stadium more regularly, and cheap tickets for cup matches is another good way of doing it.

Ok. Well on that basis I'd give priority or £10 tickets to those who also attend a previous league match first. Get them in for 2 games if possible. 

I don't think it'll be a tenner anyway. £15 more likely. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ok. Well on that basis I'd give priority or £10 tickets to those who also attend a previous league match first. Get them in for 2 games if possible. 

I don't think it'll be a tenner anyway. £15 more likely. 

The tie's not attractive enough to make people go to another game first to get priority or discount. I'd just sell all the tickets for £10 or £15.

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Good point!

I know what I mean..! 

If there is a chance of us making into the quarter finals then the gate will be rocking even if there is 15k of part time support. 

I'm thinking if it's a close game or goes to extra time etc. That extra support could win it. I can only see Hull bringing 500 or so?

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

If there is a chance of us making into the quarter finals then the gate will be rocking even if there is 15k of part time support. 

I'm thinking if it's a close game or goes to extra time etc. That extra support could win it. I can only see Hull bringing 500 or so?

I'd be amazed if they brought that many

9 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Is it fair for us to give Windass so much stick??

At the end of the day, very fat people are entitled to their opinions too.

:nono:

Uncle TFR

Dean Windass was a hell of a footballer in that he absolutely made the most of his limited talents.  I always liked the geezer and hold nothing against him for scoring that winner (I still hold the City bench responsible for that for not spotting how seriously injured Bradley Orr was and allowing him to play on, which ultimately cost us the goal).  He recently spoke publicly about his difficulties with depression which I personally found quite moving.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36403885

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Dean Windass was a hell of a footballer in that he absolutely made the most of his limited talents.  I always liked the geezer and hold nothing against him for scoring that winner (I still hold the City bench responsible for that for not spotting how seriously injured Bradley Orr was and allowing him to play on, which ultimately cost us the goal).  He recently spoke publicly about his difficulties with depression which I personally found quite moving.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36403885

Agree with all you say, but 'fat' is 'fat' at the end of the day.

There is nothing wrong with this, it's the same as saying a lorry is fatter than a renault clio.

Uncle TFR

P.S. Mishal Husain: nice, isn't she??

Archived