IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Son of Nob

I was massively impressed by him.  Once Ekstrand gets up to speed we have real competition at centre-back and I'd not like to bet on the first choice pairing come the end of the season.  I think Lucic might be first-choice 'keeper before long too.  Fielding and ROD are decent but, based on tonight alone, Lucic has something of a cult hero in the making about him...

He generally looked very assured and comfortable on the ball, but he did give away a penalty and also had a dodgy backpass that gave away an unnecessary corner in the first half, so I'm not sure about man of the match - Abraham, Lucic or Wilbraham all have a good case too (albeit Wilbraham did miss two excellent chances in the second half).

9 hours ago, Creg said:

Already looks like he could slot into the team nicely in some of the "less important" games this year. Aside from conceding the penalty, seems composed and looks a good foil in partnership with Flint. 

Nice to see we have options at the back now Cregory

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Maybe he'd have got away with type of challenge in France....

You wouldn't get away with it anywhere! He knew himself immediately that it was a penalty, that was plain from his reaction.

I personally thought he looked decent, but to give away a penalty, as well as one or two other minor errors (such as the needless corner first half) I don't think he can be considered MOTM.

Our back for is almost there, still feel after all this time we need a decent mid/top championship level RB. Matthews is not ours, and Little whilst having a decent season cannot be our only / main choice if we want to seriously be pushing to be a serious top 6-10 champ side.

I think we're in danger of going too OTT here. Please don't confuse me as a doom and gloom merchant, I have a happy clapper membership and everything.

But in the first half he was a bit of a mixed bag and at one point put out the ball under no pressure for a Fulham corner, and the penalty speaks for itself. If anything though it seemed to galvanise him and he was excellent after that - the highlight for me a little chipped through-ball (not a long ball either) down the left for Golbourne to run on to. The kind of pass you'd be impressed if someone like Marlon Pack made, let alone a centre-back.

All in all, a decent enough debut but he's more Taylor Moore than Bobby Moore for now.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Glad to hear people who went saying he played well, but seriously the penalty he gave away was schoolboy stuff.

There's a greater chance of him learning not to do that than there is of Flint learning to pass*.

* I'm not trying to denigrate Flint here, just making the general point that it's easier to coach skills then add experience than the other way around.

26 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I think we're in danger of going too OTT here. Please don't confuse me as a doom and gloom merchant, I have a happy clapper membership and everything.

But in the first half he was a bit of a mixed bag and at one point put out the ball under no pressure for a Fulham corner, and the penalty speaks for itself. If anything though it seemed to galvanise him and he was excellent after that - the highlight for me a little chipped through-ball (not a long ball either) down the left for Golbourne to run on to. The kind of pass you'd be impressed if someone like Marlon Pack made, let alone a centre-back.

All in all, a decent enough debut but he's more Taylor Moore than Bobby Moore for now.

Probably quite a bit of over excitement in his first game I'd imagine.  I'm looking forward to seeing him play and develop, for me this is exactly the sort of profile player we should be looking at.

13 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

He sounded like it on RB, LJ thought he was good, "more Bobby Moore than Taylor Moore!"

He's quick on the ball- more Taylor Swift.

He has an eye for the precision long ball- more Denis Taylor

He bangs the drum for City- more Roger Taylor

He'll look good in his Wembley suit- more Saville Row Taylor

He's got great Reflex- more Jon Taylor

He's great at home- more Taylor Woodrow

In short: He's a diamond - more Elizabeth Taylor

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

There's a greater chance of him learning not to do that than there is of Flint learning to pass*.

* I'm not trying to denigrate Flint here, just making the general point that it's easier to coach skills then add experience than the other way around.

Very much the point.  He is a young lad who made a couple of mistakes all game, one of which could have been serious but wasn't.  Other than that he had a very confident and composed debut and will get better and better whereas Flint should be hitting peak experience and ability.  It was noticeable that Flint regularly passed the ball to him to play out of defence.  

MoM he wasn't, but exciting prospect for the future he is.  I am getting very excited about the potential of our team and wonder what the heck the next couple of transfer windows will produce!!

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

He's got great teeth as well…

5 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

I suspect LJ's Bobby Moore comment was in part to keep his spirits up and to stop him from dwelling on the penalty miss.

The excitement for me isn't that I thought he was by any means perfect last night - as you say he made two big errors and also gave away a silly free kick on the edge of the box.  It was just there were certain attributes - particularly how confident he looked on the ball, how well he recovered from the penalty and how assured he generally was that made me think there's a lot of potential there.  Without doubt there are mistakes to iron out and he needs to learn and develop considerably - I wouldn't propose throwing him into the first team regularly quite yet for sure - but the raw ability and personality attributes stood out for me and really made me think he's someone who, if he keeps his feet on the ground, is willing to learn and avoids going the Grealish route, could go a long, long way in football. 

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

His tackle was more Brian Moore for the penalty 

41 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I suspect LJ's Bobby Moore comment was in part to keep his spirits up and to stop him from dwelling on the penalty miss.

The excitement for me isn't that I thought he was by any means perfect last night - as you say he made two big errors and also gave away a silly free kick on the edge of the box.  It was just there were certain attributes - particularly how confident he looked on the ball, how well he recovered from the penalty and how assured he generally was that made me think there's a lot of potential there.  Without doubt there are mistakes to iron out and he needs to learn and develop considerably - I wouldn't propose throwing him into the first team regularly quite yet for sure - but the raw ability and personality attributes stood out for me and really made me think he's someone who, if he keeps his feet on the ground, is willing to learn and avoids going the Grealish route, could go a long, long way in football. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37438851

Archived