IGNORED

Team for Saturday = Nice problem for LJ

Ashtonwurzel

Great 2nd half performance and result yesterday. LJ seems extremely pleased with what he saw both individually and as a group. 

It really does look like we have strength in depth (at least 2 players for every position) like never before, basically we could field 2 equally strong teams ?

Can he really drop Lucic and he described Taylor as more like Bobby Moore !!

What a fantastic problem to have.

As Tallin say LJ will revert back to his tried and tested players on Saturday but that's not to say that last night didn't give him some idea on how the untried players might perform in a "proper" game.

He was obviously impressed with all of the newcomers and that won't do their starting 11 hopes any harm at all. LJ knows now that they capable on making the step up.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As Tallin say LJ will revert back to his tried and tested players on Saturday but that's not to say that last night didn't give him some idea on how the untried players might perform in a "proper" game.

He was obviously impressed with all of the newcomers and that won't do their starting 11 hopes any harm at all. LJ knows now that they capable on making the step up.

True, but we also have to remember they played well against a load of kids and stiffs as that wasn't Fulham's first team.

Good to see them in a competitive game. Let's add one or two into a proper first team environment and see how they perform... potentially better as they will have better players around them.  I don't see yesterday's game as a barometer to be honest, but will hopefully will show the the manager how each new individual "wants it"

Assuming  everybody fully fit , ( reckon a doubt with Korey )    think L J will go with    Fielding       Little   Flint   Magnusson   Bryan          O Neill   Pack       O Dowda    Tomlin   Paterson    Abraham         SUBS    O Donnell   Moore  Golbourne  Brownhill  Reid  Freeman  Wilbraham       starting   442  with changes of 443 451  424 depending how the match is going       Still ? marks over fitness  with Matthews  Ekstrand   Smith  and Engvall    Looking forward to another win !  clean sheet  would be most welcome!

17 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Assuming  everybody fully fit , ( reckon a doubt with Korey )    think L J will go with    Fielding       Little   Flint   Magnusson   Bryan          O Neill   Pack       O Dowda    Tomlin   Paterson    Abraham         SUBS    O Donnell   Moore  Golbourne  Brownhill  Reid  Freeman  Wilbraham       starting   442  with changes of 443 451  424 depending how the match is going       Still ? marks over fitness  with Matthews  Ekstrand   Smith  and Engvall    Looking forward to another win !  clean sheet  would be most welcome!

Woo hoo! What are you typing on?! Double spaces, triple spaces and quadruple spaces aplenty!!

23 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

If I played that team it would be  4 - 2 - 3 - 1            extra spacin   g   just for BS4

31 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

In LJ's mind I think that Reid is in front of Pack. 

Must be a bit of a concern over Bryan too, I think Golbourne will start at LB even if Joe is fit..

How is Brownhill playing when given a chance?

Saw he was completely out of the squad for Rotherham (doubt he had that in mind when leaving us because he wasn't playing enough), then straight into the starting XI at Hillsborough!

He started off well for us but then faded away and lost his confidence, often making the same contribution on the pitch as an empty crisp packet. No doubt he has lots of ability to unlock though.

Has he played a deeper or more advanced midfield role? This was one of the things which bugged me slightly with him. Was part of our first team squad for nearly 3 seasons and still I wasn't really sure what type of midfielder he was.

9 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Saw he was completely out of the squad for Rotherham (doubt he had that in mind when leaving us because he wasn't playing enough), then straight into the starting XI at Hillsborough!

He started off well for us but then faded away and lost his confidence, often making the same contribution on the pitch as an empty crisp packet. No doubt he has lots of ability to unlock though.

Has he played a deeper or more advanced midfield role? This was one of the things which bugged me slightly with him. Was part of our first team squad for nearly 3 seasons and still I wasn't really sure what type of midfielder he was.

We have better midfielders than him at the moment, hence why he doesn't start much.

From what I've seen of him the game seems to pass him by a bit. We tried him in an attacking role first game of the season, he looked a bit lost and came off early in the second half I think.

9 hours ago, pnefcok said:

He has not been to bad, we just have a lot of midfield options atm   O'Neil, Pack, Bryan, Freeman, O'Dowda, Patterson, Brownhill, Reid, Smith, Tomlin, and apparently Giromlamo ?  11 good first team players battling for 4/5 slots.

14 minutes ago, Fiale said:

we just have a lot of midfield options atm   11 good first team players battling for 4/5 slots.

Same at CB as well. 4 on the books. 3 decent keepers to.

The area that could look a little thin are the striker options although LJ doesn't admit to that. He thinks that with Wilbraham, Abrahams and Gustav that we're covered. I guess Tomlin could step in there if need be.

The squad is looking pretty good nonetheless.

10 hours ago, pnefcok said:

He's gone pretty much under my radar to be honest, he's played but gone unnoticed. No good, not bad but just there. But as others have said we have better players than him at the moment, his time will come maybe but it's not now

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

In LJ's mind I think that Reid is in front of Pack. 

Must be a bit of a concern over Bryan too, I think Golbourne will start at LB even if Joe is fit..

Reid and Pack are completely different types of player.

I think LJ rates them both .

Pack adds height when we play ' big ' teams but Bobby is better in the number 10 role , linking play with quick little passes in and around the oppos penalty area .

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Pack adds height when we play ' big ' teams but Bobby is better in the number 10 role , linking play with quick little passes in and around the oppos penalty area .

Agreed. Conversely, Pack is much better defensively whereas Bobby sometimes still ball watches and let's his man go.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

The area that could look a little thin are the striker options although LJ doesn't admit to that. He thinks that with Wilbraham, Abrahams and Gustav that we're covered. I guess Tomlin could step in there if need be.

I think that's the crux of it, he wouldn't 'admit' it but I'm sure LJ and MA know it and are doing something about it ready for January.

Move on 5 months and we will probably have lost Tammy, what on earth do they do to replace HIM? 

15 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I think that's the crux of it, he wouldn't 'admit' it but I'm sure LJ and MA know it and are doing something about it ready for January.

Move on 5 months and we will probably have lost Tammy, what on earth do they do to replace HIM? 

It's impossible!  Unless we spend around 15 to 20 million. Can you honestly see that happening, still I am sure MA is on the case and already has a few suspects in mind. If the player he signs is half as good as Tammy, then that will be a result.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Abrahams :grr:

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I know that, but in the last home game he picked Reid ahead of Pack alongside O'Neil.

If he is going to select Tomlin, Abraham and Paterson, plus one of Freeman or O'Dowda in a 4-4-1-1 then there is only one midfield spot available alongside the automatic first choice O'Neil..

13 hours ago, pnefcok said:

I thought he was excellent in the first half against Sheff Wed; using the ball well, popping up all over the place, full of running. Faded in the 2nd half and was taken off after the red card -debacle. That's the only time I've seen him though. Lads obviously got talent IMO 

Archived