IGNORED

LJ

Esmond Million's Bung

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Benzo addiction was common place in my former line of work and we often had to ease people off them by reducing their dosage fairly rapidly down to around 10mgs a day. Then gradually reduced the dosage 2mgs at a time until they were on the just 2ml a day. Bear in mind that benzodiazepines have a relatively short half life - around 8 hours getting the patient off that last 2mgs was the hardest part.....

Throughout the detox and afterwards we worked with them to develop atlternative ways of coping with anxiety by using their own cognitive resources. 

You will get free of them so stay strong.

Sadly I went the wrong way to 'fix' my anxiety and opted for the quick fix (research chems which replicate Bezo's) which helped me get through day to day life, and being sociable and 'normal' so to speak. This went on for over a year before the UK passed a blanked ban of physcoactive substances which forced me to the GP (as you know cessation can cause death especially due to the very high does I got tolerent to)  

I stuck lucky my GP knew the dangers and put me on 60mg Diazepam per day, after a couple on months 'leveling' on that we are now tapering slowly at 2mg ever 2 weeks and it is hell on earth the withdrawal symtoms from just the first 2mg are probably the scariest feeling of my life. You feel like ending it, you get rebound anxiety, complete lack of interest in anything, insomnia I could go on. This is the toughest thing i'm facing in my life to day, which say's alot. 

Just wanted to put into perspective what an actual addiction is guys and girls, an addiction will cause withdrawals, I would kill to be 'addicted' to Fizzy drinks right now! .....Thanks for the kind words

Archived